had to make another account

Anything goes. The forum rules still apply here
BunnyMeistro

had to make another account

Post by BunnyMeistro » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:48 pm

so, for some reason, you have to enter your CURRENT PASSWORD to change your PASSWORD, generally speaking, if you know your password, why change it? i forgot my password, so i had to make another account, WHY DO YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR CURRENT PASSWORD TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(im back and im gonna keep my tinypic sorry not avalible pic for the memes)
SCORBUNNY GANG EVERYONE! put this into your signature to support scorbunny!

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: had to make another account

Post by Royalguard » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:45 am

BunnyMeistro wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:48 pm
so, for some reason, you have to enter your CURRENT PASSWORD to change your PASSWORD, generally speaking, if you know your password, why change it? i forgot my password, so i had to make another account, WHY DO YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR CURRENT PASSWORD TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
When you request an e-mail for assistance with a lost forum password, in the e-mail you receive, you get a randomly generated password. THAT randomly generated password within the e-mail becomes your "current password".

At no point in the process of replacing a forgotten password, do you need to know said forgotten password, mostly because that wouldn't even make logical sense. Creating a secondary forum account was 100% unnecessary. This coming from someone who forgot and replaced my forum password less than 4 days ago.

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:45 pm

The reason you need a current password to change said password is, what if you get hacked? Hackers could change your PWD and lock you out.

Plus that tinypic thingy triggers my OCD please update it

Diamond Wolf
Discord: Diamond_Miner33#9310

Post by Diamond Wolf » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:28 pm

If you get hacked you request a password reset...

Besides, the only way to get to your account at that point is via your email - so the hacker would need access to that too.

Selling stuff!
SMHCP chips
SHCMP chips
Hologhost ER

#StopSuicideNow

BunnyMeistro

Post by BunnyMeistro » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:29 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:45 am
BunnyMeistro wrote:
When you request an e-mail for assistance with a lost forum password, in the e-mail you receive, you get a randomly generated password. THAT randomly generated password within the e-mail becomes your "current password".

At no point in the process of replacing a forgotten password, do you need to know said forgotten password, mostly because that wouldn't even make logical sense. Creating a secondary forum account was 100% unnecessary. This coming from someone who forgot and replaced my forum password less than 4 days ago.
well i dont know everything, also still, in the game, you need to know your password in order to change it, how are you gonna curveball that?

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:07 pm

BunnyMeistro wrote:
well i dont know everything, also still, in the game, you need to know your password in order to change it, how are you gonna curveball that?
I though you where referring to forgetting forum passwords, forgotten password e-mail supplies a new one.

For forgetting in-game passwords, there is a specific process outlined on the Discord group to get it fixed.

BunnyMeistro

Post by BunnyMeistro » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:29 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:07 pm
BunnyMeistro wrote:
I though you where referring to forgetting forum passwords, forgotten password e-mail supplies a new one.

For forgetting in-game passwords, there is a specific process outlined on the Discord group to get it fixed.
well its too late now already made a new one (im a idiot)

CopyRobot

Post by CopyRobot » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:00 am

really hate to sound like moron then saying this. butt then making a password for a account on a web site is best to make it easy one to memorize something like food. forgoting about your password is a easy thing then memory of a person for small things is memorize less,
The battle that might never end.

Signature by Snessy The Duck