Help for Kirky Plays needed!

Anything goes. The forum rules still apply here
Kornor

Help for Kirky Plays needed!

Post by Kornor » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Kirky Plays, also known as Kirkyeehee, is a small YouTuber who creates quite a lot of great, gaming releated contenet. Unfortunatley, he's job on YT doesn't give him enough satisfaction, as he's uploading videos for about 9 years and he barely got more than 1k subs. Because of that, he will close his channel if he won't get up to 2500 subscribers until the end of 2020.

Kirky makes videos of many different game franchises, like Mega Man, Red Dead Redemption, Marvel Spider-Man, FNAF, Minecraft and much more, and all of his videos are really great. And it's not very easy to find a good content creator. And such a great person cannot just disappear. So please consider at the very least checking out his channel. You may not like it, but it would be great if you could see what he's all about. Here's his video, in which he talks about the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrsHX2tNJ3k&t=0s

Your help will be truly appreciated!

Uranus

Re: Help for Kirky Plays needed!

Post by Uranus » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:05 pm

Subbed, not to watch but to support
Uranus is back bois

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:50 am

I don't know, threatening your audience by claiming you'll bail on them, if they don't do your marketing and promotion for you, so that you'll increase your userbase and potential profits on the platform, seems like a bit of a jerk move to me.

I've seen PLENTY of sob stories on Youtube over the years, what makes this one unique enough to deserve special treatment over all the others out there?

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:53 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:50 am
I don't know, threatening your audience by claiming you'll bail on them, if they don't do your marketing and promotion for you, so that you'll increase your userbase and potential profits on the platform, seems like a bit of a jerk move to me.

I've seen PLENTY of sob stories on Youtube over the years, what makes this one unique enough to deserve special treatment over all the others out there?
^^^

I've unsubbed for reason above
Uranus is back bois

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:11 pm

Took the plunge. Watched the video, and I wasn't impressed. Gave it a dislike because that is what I feel it deserves.

As someone who is also in Canada, also deals with poor quality internet and overly expensive ISPs, and also suffers from low self-esteem, he sounds like he is being incredibly over-dramatic, and probably insincere as well.

He makes a statement that implies he had given the thought to try and find a loophole around Reddit's rules to advertise himself, including multi-accounting, which is rather concerning. He also brings up if his video would be classified as "blackmail" as well, which is equally questionable. He even has the NERVE to blame his fanbase not advertising his content, and not being interested in non-MegaMan content, for his own failures. He really isn't doing a good job making himself look like a nice and trustworthy person IMO.

Looking at the videos he uploads, like FNAF, Doki Doki Literature Club, and Roblox, and his thumbnails that border on obnoxious and clickbait, he quite clearly knows his channel demographic is younger children, probably aged 10-15.

Now this person is seemingly doing a manipulative marketing stunt that I've see a lot of channels targeted at this age group try to do for attention, blackmail his fanbase into making them barge into populated places to advertise, so that he can gain more followers and ultimately make more advertising revenue on his videos, or else he threatens to kill his channel.

He most likely won't even follow up on the channel deletion even if he does fail to meet his subscriber quota, and will probably either delete the blackmail video and pretend it never existed, or make a fake emotional statement saying something along the lines of "I care too much about my fanbase to kill my channel! I love you all!" to make people think he really cares about them.

Ultimately, I believe the fanbase deserves a lot better than this Youtuber. Go watch someone wholesome like RoahmMythril instead.

Gravitrax64

Post by Gravitrax64 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:49 pm

There is something about this guy that doesn't seem right to me. I have a small but strong ability to read people's expressions and to me, this guy seems to be bullsh!tting a little. Especially from him saying he will quit youtube if he doesn't get enough subscribers. The key to being a good youtuber (or good at anything in general) is to have the passion to be one, not to solely make money. If he is worried about that, then that means he isn't trying to be a Youtuber, he is just trying to make a profit. That is not the way to do things properly. (Plus, he kinda looks like a pedophile.)
UARM club and G-FORCE have merged into what is now: UARM - Force
If you would like to join then click here: https://discord.gg/rcywffX

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:32 pm

Didn't we go through this already with the #teamtrees promotion?

I watched some of his videos, but he doesn't seem that interesting of a let's player. He doesn't have very strong humor, he's not that informative, and he's not pushing the boundaries of what's allowed on Youtube. He's very "by the books".

If he wants his channel to survive, he would have to come up with a niche or other point of interest. Or just follow trends, that usually works.

Mabrick

Post by Mabrick » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:18 am

Begging for subs isn't really the best option to get more subs. I get that if you don't enough of a huge fanbase you might feel unsatisfied enough to continue, but this begging seems off for me. Asking fans to get more subs or remove channel is kinda unright for me.
Your average level designer who makes traditional levels in Megamaker.

Lastest level: Endurance run of challenge course 3
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9457

Daibuman

Post by Daibuman » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:43 am

Royalguard wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:11 pm
Ultimately, I believe the fanbase deserves a lot better than this Youtuber. Go watch someone wholesome like RoahmMythril instead.
Optionally, watch Ethervil as well. He also deserves some attention.

Also, I just wanted to say that despite these... things, Kirky is actually a pretty cool guy. Like, yeah, his self-esteem isn't the greatest and his thumbnails are really clickbaity (he even said that to me when he covered a level pack that I was a part of, Mega Man Fusion Collab), he was still pretty dope and treated people properly. I guess the problem is mainly his channel and not him? Maybe him to a lesser-medium extent, but still.
Working on a level pack of my own.

Progress: 40%

Fan game logo made by Lozof

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:26 pm

Daibuman wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:43 am
Royalguard wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:11 pm
Optionally, watch Ethervil as well. He also deserves some attention.

Also, I just wanted to say that despite these... things, Kirky is actually a pretty cool guy. Like, yeah, his self-esteem isn't the greatest and his thumbnails are really clickbaity (he even said that to me when he covered a level pack that I was a part of, Mega Man Fusion Collab), he was still pretty dope and treated people properly. I guess the problem is mainly his channel and not him? Maybe him to a lesser-medium extent, but still.
If he actually is a honest and trustworthy Youtuber, he need to handle how he portrays himself a little better in terms of marketing. The way he promotes his content on his channel with clickbait, and some of his questionable statements in the video regarding his consideration to close his channel aren't really doing him any favors, as it makes him look shady.