Any other level editor/builder?

Anything goes. The forum rules still apply here
ZepperFang

Any other level editor/builder?

Post by ZepperFang » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:45 am

Well... is there any other game level builder?

UlticraftMTT
Discord: MettatonEX#9160

Re: Any other level editor/builder?

Post by UlticraftMTT » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:22 am

As for the official ones:

Ones you've most likely heard of:

Super Mario Maker 1/2
Mega Man: Powered Up

Other games with built-in level editors:

Wrecking Crew (One of the first games to include a level editor, very limited but still pretty neat)
Boom Blox (Extremely underrated party game, major part of my childhood. Contained a nice level editor)
Boom Blox Bash Party (Sequel to the previous game, contains even more)
Blast Works (Shoot 'Em Up with a level editor)
Jazz Jackrabbit 2
Rayman Gold
Warioware D.I.Y

Unofficial ones:

Sonic Studio (Currently in development, but looks to be going great so far)
Super Mario Bros. X (The original version was discontinued, so you'll probably want to get X2 or 38A instead)

Various game editors:

Rockman 2 Editor for Mega Man 2 (Requires a Mega Man 2 ROM, so if you don't want to download that, i'd advise not getting this)
Lunar Magic for Super Mario World (Same as Rockman 2 Editor, but with Super Mario World)

Game Engines (Most of these are paid, and in some instances, complicated to use):

NESmaker (Paid, but gives you tools to make your own NES game from scratch. Haven't used it, but it looks really cool)
Unity (Really nice engine, just don't use it for "Wonderful Marko World 3D FREE" type games)
Unreal Engine 4 (Really nice engine, just don't use it for "Nintendo hire this man" type games)
Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (I personally use this one, it uses when/do lines instead of code and is very beginner friendly)
Gamemaker Studio (The engine Mega Man Maker, Undertale, and Deltarune were made in, i really dislike this engine because games made in it crash more often and the engine itself uses a subscription format rather than one-time pay, so you have to pay up every year or so to keep using it. However, despite me disliking GMS, i know how to work around in it decently due to my experience with Mega Man Maker modding and Megamix Engine)

1/2/9/10 SFX Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&p=91154#p91154
Game Boy Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10508

hail boognish

Upcoming mods: Mega Man Maker Plus 2

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:18 am

I should mention that the rockman editors are supposed to be in japanese but the text doesn't register and converts to random symbols from my experience (I use windows 10). Despite that it's actually a pretty easy engine to use and allows you to make some interesting levels out of the games. I edited half of heat man's level here:

You can also find some cool quirks and things with the engine, such as the cut man stage remnants.

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:37 am

You forget that some older games like Lode Runner (some versions anyway. The best Lode Runners being The Legend Returns & Mad Monks Revenge) also has level editor. I believe the sequel had one as well IIRC.

I also remember back on the C64 days a version of Boulder Dash had a level editor.

Just wanted to point out some old game mentions. :)
I'm a dolphin that likes playing around with beach balls, though I prefer to pounce on my buddy.
He seems to love it when I do that to him. I don't mind at all. It shows that we're best friends.

Uranus
Discord: Uranus#7544

Post by Uranus » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:35 am

There is the dungeon builder of the Link's Awakening remake.

Others inculde Fortnite Creative (it technically counts) and Rollercoaster Tycoon among many others
I'm now a forum mod, Talk to me or the other moderators if you have any issues.

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:44 pm

No love for Kirby Dream Crafter? I know its still only in early developmental stages, but it does count.

Uranus
Discord: Uranus#7544

Post by Uranus » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:14 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:44 pm
No love for Kirby Dream Crafter? I know its still only in early developmental stages, but it does count.
That was originally brought up in the More Maker Games thread
I'm now a forum mod, Talk to me or the other moderators if you have any issues.

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:19 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:44 pm
I actually didn't know this existed. :O

Early development stages? Okay then that would explain it, and the lack of knowledge of its existance.
I'm a dolphin that likes playing around with beach balls, though I prefer to pounce on my buddy.
He seems to love it when I do that to him. I don't mind at all. It shows that we're best friends.

Megamanvwxyz

Post by Megamanvwxyz » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:48 am

NMario84 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:37 am
some older games like Lode Runner
I've only played the N.E.S. one while the actual levels have scrolling because they're wide, the level editor sucks, it's just 1 screen, unless there's a way to expand it that I don't know about.

Also like to mention that the N.E.S. Excitebike has a level editor.
I'm melting! I'm melting!

JaceTheNintendo1313

Post by JaceTheNintendo1313 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:58 pm

video game makers i'll mention:
-platago (a simple platformer maker for pc and switch. i would prefer the pc version cause you can put custom graphics)
-rpg maker (you get the idea)
-planet coaster (like roller coaster tycoon, but better.)

unofficial editors:
-mario multiverse (not released yet but looks amazing)

and we can't forget the mobile games:
-game maker by silentworks (pretty basic but it can bring to some out-of-the-box thinking and some cool ideas.)
-mr maker (very bad mario maker ripoff)
-mr maker 2 (very bad mario maker 2 ripoff)
-mr maker 3d (very bad mario maker 3d ripoff, but mario maker 3d doesn't exist yet)

rom editors:
-donkey kong country maker (a donkey kong level editor is here and its cool and complicated maybe)
-smb utility (mario maker before mario maker)

built-in level editors:
-sonic 1, 2, and 3 & knuckles (has a cheat code of where you can access the "debug mode" a level editor.)

online editors:
-scratch (just your simple drag and drop game maker. they tell you to "code" but you don't actually code.)
-tynker (this is the SAME DAMN THING AS SCRATCH)
-code.org (you gotta be fricking kidding me, its just the same.)
-mario kart pc (a super mario kart-styled game made by a french person named wargor. would you have guessed it has a level editor? quick mode has you choose tiles from super mario kart and mario kart super circuit. complete mode lets you draw your own tracks (you still have to draw them in a paint program though.) and set up cool stuff. you can't make your own background though, but you can also make your own character which is sweet.)

anything but video game editors:
-go!animate/vyond [animation editor] (a very dry, raw, and bare animation editor that is nothing but caillou gets grounded. it had a bunch of styles, one of them being comedy central. comedy central was just a family guy skin, so if you ever wanted to make a family guy episode, it's no longer your chance. because alvin hung, the founder, had removed all the styles because, it has been thought to be that alvin hung did that because his family wanted money. it may be true, its also because of html 5. in 2019 or 2018, it was renamed to vyond. there was also a school version which, you guessed it, is now defunct.)
-powtoon [animation editor] (just go!animate again but theres less possibility's.)
-school [book editor] (you are probably thinking that there is a program called school? no! it's THE elementary school you went to. schools would let you write words and maybe draw pictures which it would become your own book.)
-school [board game editor] (similarly, in 5th grade, we made a board games for our special event going on. i forgot what that event was called, but it had places and different jobs people go to. my board game was mario themed.)

oh and i forgot these:
-nintendo labo (did you know nintendo labo had a game editor and it was barely supported?)
-little big planet (had 3 games in the series and has a very cool level editor.)
-dreams ps4 (a very cool 3d game creator and lets us play mario games on the ps4. FINALLY! THE MEMES WERE TRUE!)

those are the ones i know.
yeah