What or Who's the Spider Account that's on Every so Often?

Anything goes. The forum rules still apply here
Post Reply
User avatar
Snivymaster1337
Posts: 1704
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:59 pm
Location: Arbor Area, Windmill Way.
Discord: Snivymaster1337#6543

What or Who's the Spider Account that's on Every so Often?

Post by Snivymaster1337 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:37 pm

I'm not sure if a thread like this has been created before.
But really who is the Spider?
Are they like the Bing and Google Bots or no?
Are they somebody who checks the forums?
Are there multiple Spiders?
I know who Bing and Google are.. But I don't have any idea what the Spider is or what It does!
Last edited by Snivymaster1337 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feedback:tm:?

Also, check out my MMM fangame here.

Oh, and that's not all, I have two challenges/collabs going on, one for my level series (You can get sent to the post here), and you can get sent to the other here.

User avatar
BenPlusMM
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:21 pm
Location: Stuck at Doom’s Gate
Discord: https://discord.gg/a9XqaZ6 / Ben™ #6759
Contact:

Re: What or Who's the Spider Account that's on Every so Often?

Post by BenPlusMM » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Snivymaster1337 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:37 pm
I'm not sure if a thread like this has been created before.
But really who is the Spider?
Are they like the Bing and Google Bots or no?
Are they somebody who checks the forums?
Are there multiple Spiders?
I know who Bing and Google are.. But I don't have any idea what they are or what they do!
I have no idea what the spider does. Maybe it's responsible for the spambots?
Last edited by BenPlusMM on Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crima

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: What or Who's the Spider Account that's on Every so Often?

Post by Royalguard » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:54 pm

Spiders visit forums and check for information and images to add to their online databases, similar to the Google and Bing bots gathering information for their respective search engines.

User avatar
Gravitrax64
Posts: 2347
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:55 am
Location: SSSSPPPPAAAACCCCEEEE

Re: What or Who's the Spider Account that's on Every so Often?

Post by Gravitrax64 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:58 pm

Whats a spider account?
I really needed to update my signature...
Image

User avatar
Snivymaster1337
Posts: 1704
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:59 pm
Location: Arbor Area, Windmill Way.
Discord: Snivymaster1337#6543

Re: What or Who's the Spider Account that's on Every so Often?

Post by Snivymaster1337 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:07 pm

BenPlusMM wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:48 pm
Snivymaster1337 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:37 pm
I'm not sure if a thread like this has been created before.
But really who is the Spider?
Are they like the Bing and Google Bots or no?
Are they somebody who checks the forums?
Are there multiple Spiders?
I know who Bing and Google are.. But I don't have any idea what they are or what they do!
Bing and Google [BOT] are the reason why when I google "pronto man" these forums are the first result. I have no idea what the spider does though. Maybe it's responsible for the spambots?
I said I Knew who the Bots are.
I meant the "But I don't have any idea what they are or what they do!" Part on the Spider.
Sorry about that. Let me fix that..
Feedback:tm:?

Also, check out my MMM fangame here.

Oh, and that's not all, I have two challenges/collabs going on, one for my level series (You can get sent to the post here), and you can get sent to the other here.

User avatar
BenPlusMM
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:21 pm
Location: Stuck at Doom’s Gate
Discord: https://discord.gg/a9XqaZ6 / Ben™ #6759
Contact:

Re: What or Who's the Spider Account that's on Every so Often?

Post by BenPlusMM » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:06 pm

Snivymaster1337 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:07 pm
BenPlusMM wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:48 pm
Snivymaster1337 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:37 pm
I'm not sure if a thread like this has been created before.
But really who is the Spider?
Are they like the Bing and Google Bots or no?
Are they somebody who checks the forums?
Are there multiple Spiders?
I know who Bing and Google are.. But I don't have any idea what they are or what they do!
Bing and Google [BOT] are the reason why when I google "pronto man" these forums are the first result. I have no idea what the spider does though. Maybe it's responsible for the spambots?
I said I Knew who the Bots are.
I meant the "But I don't have any idea what they are or what they do!" Part on the Spider.
Sorry about that. Let me fix that..
k.
crima

User avatar
Brazencoronet17
Posts: 3706
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Location: On a collegits' shelf
Discord: Gyro Man#5136
Contact:

Spiders

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:43 am

Spiders are creatures searching the world wide web finding information and memes caught in the web to eat, spinning cookies and ruining our lives with ads and suggested sites on FOX news.
i am no longer active :pensive:

bye

Dranius7
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:53 am

Re: Spiders

Post by Dranius7 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:19 pm

Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:43 am
Spiders are creatures searching the world wide web finding information and memes caught in the web to eat, spinning cookies and ruining our lives with ads and suggested sites on FOX news.
very descriptive, well said. Only it's more than just Fox News that feeds on it; they ALL do :o



Remember when Webcrawler was a popular search engine?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest