Concerning dolphin, Challenge Coordinator and owner of LMLWY

Anything goes. The forum rules still apply here
rollerC
Discord: rollerC#5125

Concerning dolphin, Challenge Coordinator and owner of LMLWY

Post by rollerC » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Hey.

I'm Roller. A lot of you probably have no idea who I am. I was an incredibly active member of Let Me Level With You, a server owned by Challenge Coordinator dolphin and full of 600 Mega Man Maker players. I joined in June and made a name for myself among people of that community. I ended up running a server bingo event there and being promoted to moderator for a short time.

From September 9th until today, I and quite a few others have discovered a slew of misconducts and inappropriate/illegal actions on the part of dolphin. For the past two weeks, we've been hard at work collecting evidence of dolphin screwing us over, mismanaging his server, and emotionally manipulating us and others, and we've come across serious allegations and evidence of dolphin (24 years old) being sexually active with minors, including two members ages 16-17. What at first was just a Google Drive of things dolphin's done to us that we could have on-hand at some point in the future has now gone beyond us. It's become a warning--a warning we need to send to others in the MMM community to make sure they know to watch out for dolphin, so that they know that he has taken advantage of others.

You might think that spreading this Drive around will ruin dolphin's life. I hope you realize that we've thought the exact same thing. There has been a lot of infighting as to how we should handle this situation. We're at least all in agreement that this forum post should be made, and that a few specific people should be notified of what we've collected. Some of us as individuals will choose to do more with the information we've gathered. Some of us will stop here. The least we want to do is warn members of Let Me Level With You and shed light on what we feel are incredibly serious allegations and evidence. We started this because we disliked dolphin and how he's taken advantage of us. We ended this thinking that it's gone beyond just us and dolphin.

Please take the time to read through this Drive and make your own opinion of the situation.

Written on behalf of:
BushBacon#1399
Darkness#3871
PKWeegee#7899
rollerC#5125
She#0384
TwistC#4519
V1ral#1787
WreckingPrograms#2152
pee

Lenny

Re: Concerning dolphin, Challenge Coordinator and owner of LMLWY

Post by Lenny » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:37 pm

first

V1ralGam3r
Discord: #1787

Post by V1ralGam3r » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:40 pm

This was a fair while coming, in all honesty. There was a large amount of work put into the document by all parties involved for about two-three weeks, and I genuinely recommend that you read everything within.

This really is a serious matter, no matter what could be said to the opposite. In this case, as in any other, you should take the initiative to read up on any information available. Cross reference facts, resist the urge to take a Tl;Dr, and make your own decisions.
Knight needs caffeine badly.

rollerC

Post by rollerC » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:44 pm

V1ralGam3r wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:40 pm
Cross reference facts, resist the urge to take a Tl;Dr, and make your own decisions.
Strongly concur with this. Take the time to form your own opinion on this and really think about what it all means. We’re just giving a lot of truth, evidence, and perspectives, handing them to you, and asking you to form an opinion. It might be a little intimidating, but please take the time to read through the Drive. We’ve spent a long time making it as thorough as possible.

also lmao lenny
pee

BenPlusMM
Discord: https://discord.gg/a9XqaZ6 / Ben™ #6759

Post by BenPlusMM » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:36 pm

My god.
Eggery.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:01 pm

I feel bad for all the people hurt by these events...

Cheeyev

Post by Cheeyev » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:06 pm

The fact he done all of those, and could have gotten scot-free away from it, is absolutely mind boggling and sickening. I think it was a very wise choice on your part to ban him and make this post.

TwistC

Post by TwistC » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:33 pm

hopefully one day he can improve and evolve as a person, but I severely doubt it.

rollerC

Post by rollerC » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:10 pm

I hope we can reach a point where we can all be chill with dolphin again and he learns from his mistakes, because I know I fucked up a bunch of times before and I've gotten a lot of second chances, but he's also shown a longstanding pattern of doing the same thing and I don't see him getting better.
pee

Bean man
Discord: Bean man#9687

Post by Bean man » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Holy shit. I decided to read this and it definitely was not what I was expecting.

While I'd had some good experiences here, it's quite mortifying to reflect on how immensely immature I've acted in the past. Retaining this sentiment, I'll mostly remain inactive.

warlic
Discord: warlic#6223

Post by warlic » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:19 pm

What shall come of the users banned by him from the server during his reign?
Greetings and salutations, good sir or madam.

Yoshi2018

Post by Yoshi2018 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:50 pm

Bean man wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:17 pm
Holy shit. I decided to read this and it definitely was not what I was expecting.
Yeah.

I honestly am speechless. I have no idea.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:12 am

What happened? Is this why Aze is coordinator?

Gamingmage

Post by Gamingmage » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:26 am

And was everyone when i warned people he was a sociopath months ago? At least now he's being brought to full light, i didn't even know he was doing stuff this bad, my god, if i known he was this awful i would of taken more action tbh.

rollerC

Post by rollerC » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:05 am

warlic wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:19 pm
What shall come of the users banned by him from the server during his reign?
Well, a lot has happened today.

Dolphin has left his own server and transferred ownership of it to Awagg. Awagg unbanned most of us, and everyone who was staff before has regained their positions. If you want to join LMLWY and see the changes explained there, shoot me a private message or a DM on Discord.

As for your ban, I don't know. Some bans we felt were justified, some we felt weren't. We unbanned Darkness because the majority of us feel his ban was made in bias. As for yours, I'll bring it to the table. That's all I can promise.
Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:12 am
What happened? Is this why Aze is coordinator?
No, Aze was a coordinator before. He and dolphin were sharing the position. Now he is the sole coordinator. As for what happened, read the Drive. Wrecking decided to ban dolphin based on the evidence in this Drive.
Gamingmage wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:26 am
And was everyone when i warned people he was a sociopath months ago? At least now he's being brought to full light, i didn't even know he was doing stuff this bad, my god, if i known he was this awful i would of taken more action tbh.
A lot of people tried to give warnings. But we couldn't do it individually. When a lot of us teamed up to finally inform everyone, we succeeded. In any case, thank you for realizing this before a lot of us did, and I'm personally sorry for not believing people like you until it was too late.
pee

Meka

Post by Meka » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Just a quick post ( from work ) as i saw this with some delay, first of all to congratulate me for having had the courage to put all this here especially by the people concerned, then to say that even if I have only seen part of the documents, I work in the web sector as well as a childhood friend who is moderator of moderators at the professional level on a fairly big company, and I can say that the actions I have seen in these documents that talk about moderation are not very good for the majority, after all with a lot of data it is always difficult to judge a person so I can't say anything very bad. I hope for his sake that he will make good decisions for a change. And hugs to peoples who were hurt by theses actions, and hope that everything will be better in the future, i'm not on the discord often because have a lot of works so didn't saw anything and feels sry about it ^^"

Gravitrax64

Post by Gravitrax64 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:02 pm

Honestly, I don't think Dolphin is horrible. I personally think he IS good but just simply made some bad choices on mistake. I don't think he exactly realized he was hurting so many.
I really needed to update my signature...

rollerC

Post by rollerC » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:19 am

Gravitrax64 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:02 pm
I don't think he exactly realized he was hurting so many.
Yeah, maybe I'm biased, but I strongly disagree with this. People have called him out before and told him how they felt, and you don't just ban staffers multiple times without thinking "Is this a smart thing to do? Will this make someone upset?" He knew exactly what he was doing when he banned me after I told him I didn't want to talk to him in the #server-bingo channel. He knew what he was doing to me. He ran everything through power; his server ran through power. He had the final say in everything, and he couldn't separate that from his personal interactions with people, including me. He'll always tell you he's "fighting for you" when you sign up to be a mod or to contribute something, when in reality he's either doing nothing or he is the person who is making it harder for you to get what you're signing up for--I can cite specific examples but I'm not sure if I have permission.

It's up to you to decide the character of his personality, whether he's a good or bad person. But don't let yourself think that he didn't know what he was doing. There's no way we would've made this if we didn't know that he knew that he was hurting people.
pee

warlic
Discord: warlic#6223

Post by warlic » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:15 am

He certainly had a history of poor moderation and engagement, both personally and professionally. His punishment was just given the circumstances.
Greetings and salutations, good sir or madam.

Nuclearminer
Discord: nuclearminer#4713

Post by Nuclearminer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:49 am

Honestly, it took way longer than i thought for some huge drama to show up on these forums. I'm not going to get involved, but i think it speaks to the level of respect most of us have for eachother here.
Nice job, everyone! We made a year and a half!
(Not sarcasm btw, just genuinely proud of you guys)
Been gone for a while...
1.6 Countdown: ???