Art Thread

Anything goes. The forum rules still apply here
User avatar
PoisonousGas
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:44 pm
Location: Probably Brazil...

Re: Art Thread

Post by PoisonousGas » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:15 pm

8JKN4 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:30 am
Made a drawing of a graphically glitched Choker Oh that merged itself with a Gabgyo sprite, in an edited version of Centaur Man's stage that I made.

Instead of drawing the monster, I tried to make what it woud look like if it was an actual enemy. The result was a weird mix between a bird and an armed aerial vehicle.
Interesting.
Somebody once told me that Rock is gonna Roll me...
I ain't the sharpest Metal Blade in the shed...



Image´ I'm already hyped for 1.5. >:]

User avatar
TrashMan69
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:25 am
Location: Inside My "Office"

Re: Art Thread

Post by TrashMan69 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:03 am

Image
Devil Tech Inc
Helping devils walk since 1988
Trash Tower Stages:
Stage 1
Stage 2
Stages 3-4: WIP
Special Stage: ???

6/10/19 The Day Light Was Cast onto the Shad0ws

User avatar
Blast Man
Posts: 929
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:11 pm
Discord: Play Dash#9888
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Blast Man » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:21 pm

8JKN4 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:30 am
Made a drawing of a graphically glitched Choker Oh that merged itself with a Gabgyo sprite, in an edited version of Centaur Man's stage that I made.

Instead of drawing the monster, I tried to make what it woud look like if it was an actual enemy. The result was a weird mix between a bird and an armed aerial vehicle.

Image
This needs to be a Mega Man Maker enemy that tries to chomp you and jumps
Unsatisfied Cut Man. Friend of Brazencoronet17. '-')\
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8377

User avatar
Random Man
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:22 pm
Location: Brazil, in the old wacky west.
Discord: Howdy

Re: Art Thread

Post by Random Man » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:50 pm

Gold Man and some enemies that i have made
Image
Howdy

User avatar
QuartexGames
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:02 pm
Location: Fat's Fats Factory

Re: Art Thread

Post by QuartexGames » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:07 pm

Random Man wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:50 pm
Gold Man and some enemies that i have made
Image
Some of them looks like a Shovel Knight boss reference
Woah It's Green ID: 316053
Woah It's Blue ID: 260308
Woah It's Yellow ID: 263387
Woah It's Red ID: 325994
Woah It's WhiteID: 258788
Image

User avatar
TrashMan69
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:25 am
Location: Inside My "Office"

Re: Art Thread

Post by TrashMan69 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:03 am

Image

...

WhY Is ThIs oN My CoMpuTeR?
Trash Tower Stages:
Stage 1
Stage 2
Stages 3-4: WIP
Special Stage: ???

6/10/19 The Day Light Was Cast onto the Shad0ws

User avatar
Yoshi2018
Posts: 3739
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Yoshi2018 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:33 pm

allegory 2: the allegorying
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

User avatar
8JKN4
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 pm
Location: Brazil
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Re: Art Thread

Post by 8JKN4 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:01 am

I think this is the most appropriate thread to post this.

Basically, in the Megamix Engine, I was trying to alter Flame Mixer's code to make it so that the weapon lasts between screen transitions (it's a shield, by the way, for those who don't know). I tried removing the line of code that destroys the shield, using code from Water Shield (which does last through transitions), but nothing worked.
I then pasted the original code back, but for some reason, it didn't make the weapon go back to normal. Instead, what it did was make it spawn a group of floating flames that just stay in one place. I did get to this result before, but using Water Shield code, and I don't know why it happened again.

Since I couldn't make the weapon go back to normal, thinking of the possibilities, I instead made a new weapon out of it, using other devkit weapons as a base. I gave it the uncreative name of "Torch Summon" and gave it one or two special attributes. Here's a description of the weapon

- Consumes two bars of ammo per use
- Three groups of flames can be on-screen at a time
- Pierces through shields

Since the weapon stays in place, it's not a recommended choice for enemies that don't move. It is, however, useful as a trap for moving enemies, as they'll get hurt whenever they touch the flames. It's also effective against shielded enemies, specially the miniboss of the stage I used this weapon in - a few strategically positioned torches make it go down very quickly, AND it's shielded.



I also recorded a GIF of the weapon, though due to the lack of enemies in the screen, I didn't get to show its full potential.

Image

People who have played Rockman 2: No Constancy may think this weapon is similar to Quick Man's weapon from the hack. While I also agree, it wasn't actually meant to be a replica of that weapon, and is fairly weaker in comparison, since, unlike No Constancy's weapon, Torch Summon can't hit immobile enemies without forcing the player to take a hit.
Hell Man: hotter than Heat Man, deader than Skull Man. Hell yeah.(Mugshot by MP64)

User avatar
QuartexGames
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:02 pm
Location: Fat's Fats Factory

Re: Art Thread

Post by QuartexGames » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:08 am

8JKN4 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:01 am
I think this is the most appropriate thread to post this.

Basically, in the Megamix Engine, I was trying to alter Flame Mixer's code to make it so that the weapon lasts between screen transitions (it's a shield, by the way, for those who don't know). I tried removing the line of code that destroys the shield, using code from Water Shield (which does last through transitions), but nothing worked.
I then pasted the original code back, but for some reason, it didn't make the weapon go back to normal. Instead, what it did was make it spawn a group of floating flames that just stay in one place. I did get to this result before, but using Water Shield code, and I don't know why it happened again.

Since I couldn't make the weapon go back to normal, thinking of the possibilities, I instead made a new weapon out of it, using other devkit weapons as a base. I gave it the uncreative name of "Torch Summon" and gave it one or two special attributes. Here's a description of the weapon

- Consumes two bars of ammo per use
- Three groups of flames can be on-screen at a time
- Pierces through shields

Since the weapon stays in place, it's not a recommended choice for enemies that don't move. It is, however, useful as a trap for moving enemies, as they'll get hurt whenever they touch the flames. It's also effective against shielded enemies, specially the miniboss of the stage I used this weapon in - a few strategically positioned torches make it go down very quickly, AND it's shielded.



I also recorded a GIF of the weapon, though due to the lack of enemies in the screen, I didn't get to show its full potential.

Image

People who have played Rockman 2: No Constancy may think this weapon is similar to Quick Man's weapon from the hack. While I also agree, it wasn't actually meant to be a replica of that weapon, and is fairly weaker in comparison, since, unlike No Constancy's weapon, Torch Summon can't hit immobile enemies without forcing the player to take a hit.
Interesting
Woah It's Green ID: 316053
Woah It's Blue ID: 260308
Woah It's Yellow ID: 263387
Woah It's Red ID: 325994
Woah It's WhiteID: 258788
Image

User avatar
QuartexGames
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:02 pm
Location: Fat's Fats Factory

Re: Art Thread

Post by QuartexGames » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:22 pm

Blast Man wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:21 pm
8JKN4 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:30 am
Made a drawing of a graphically glitched Choker Oh that merged itself with a Gabgyo sprite, in an edited version of Centaur Man's stage that I made.

Instead of drawing the monster, I tried to make what it woud look like if it was an actual enemy. The result was a weird mix between a bird and an armed aerial vehicle.

Image
This needs to be a Mega Man Maker enemy that tries to chomp you and jumps
Done. It took some time for the third pose, ;)
Image
And I called it Crack-oh from the Choker Oh. It sounds kinda cool.
Woah It's Green ID: 316053
Woah It's Blue ID: 260308
Woah It's Yellow ID: 263387
Woah It's Red ID: 325994
Woah It's WhiteID: 258788
Image

User avatar
Blast Man
Posts: 929
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:11 pm
Discord: Play Dash#9888
Contact:

Re: Art Thread

Post by Blast Man » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:40 pm

QuartexGames wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:22 pm
Blast Man wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:21 pm
8JKN4 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:30 am
Made a drawing of a graphically glitched Choker Oh that merged itself with a Gabgyo sprite, in an edited version of Centaur Man's stage that I made.

Instead of drawing the monster, I tried to make what it woud look like if it was an actual enemy. The result was a weird mix between a bird and an armed aerial vehicle.

Image
This needs to be a Mega Man Maker enemy that tries to chomp you and jumps
Done. It took some time for the third pose, ;)
Image
And I called it Crack-oh from the Choker Oh. It sounds kinda cool.
noice
Unsatisfied Cut Man. Friend of Brazencoronet17. '-')\
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8377

User avatar
8JKN4
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 pm
Location: Brazil
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Re: Art Thread

Post by 8JKN4 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:16 pm

More footage of Torch Summon, showing it in combat. It's probably better to have a visual representation than just reading a description.

Image
Hell Man: hotter than Heat Man, deader than Skull Man. Hell yeah.(Mugshot by MP64)

User avatar
QuartexGames
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:02 pm
Location: Fat's Fats Factory

Re: Art Thread

Post by QuartexGames » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:07 pm

8JKN4 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:16 pm
More footage of Torch Summon, showing it in combat. It's probably better to have a visual representation than just reading a description.

Image
Nerf it pls.
It's going to kill everyone
Woah It's Green ID: 316053
Woah It's Blue ID: 260308
Woah It's Yellow ID: 263387
Woah It's Red ID: 325994
Woah It's WhiteID: 258788
Image

User avatar
8JKN4
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 pm
Location: Brazil
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Re: Art Thread

Post by 8JKN4 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:10 pm

QuartexGames wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:07 pm
8JKN4 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:16 pm
More footage of Torch Summon, showing it in combat. It's probably better to have a visual representation than just reading a description.

[won't quote the gif]
Nerf it pls.
It's going to kill everyone
Well, while it's really useful in the way that it deals constant damage and pierces shields, you do have to remember that it stays in place, so it's impossible to hit an immobile enemy with it if you don't want to take damage.
In other words, while I do agree that it's a very good weapon for some enemies, specially minibosses, it's very situational if the stage mostly consits of enemies that don't move.
Hell Man: hotter than Heat Man, deader than Skull Man. Hell yeah.(Mugshot by MP64)

User avatar
TrashMan69
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:25 am
Location: Inside My "Office"

Re: Art Thread

Post by TrashMan69 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:40 am

Image
based on this boi
Image
Trash Tower Stages:
Stage 1
Stage 2
Stages 3-4: WIP
Special Stage: ???

6/10/19 The Day Light Was Cast onto the Shad0ws

User avatar
QuartexGames
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:02 pm
Location: Fat's Fats Factory

Re: Art Thread

Post by QuartexGames » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:12 am

TrashMan69 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:40 am
Image
based on this boi
Image
This is Perfect
Woah It's Green ID: 316053
Woah It's Blue ID: 260308
Woah It's Yellow ID: 263387
Woah It's Red ID: 325994
Woah It's WhiteID: 258788
Image

User avatar
Nuclearminer
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:24 am
Location: Fighting off an army of Mantis Men
Discord: nuclearminer#4713
Contact:

Spoilers for 1.5

Post by Nuclearminer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:22 am

Image
idk what im doing anymore
1.5 Counter: E/10

User avatar
8JKN4
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 pm
Location: Brazil
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Re: Art Thread

Post by 8JKN4 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:44 am

fat

Image
Hell Man: hotter than Heat Man, deader than Skull Man. Hell yeah.(Mugshot by MP64)

User avatar
QuartexGames
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:02 pm
Location: Fat's Fats Factory

Re: Art Thread

Post by QuartexGames » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:18 am

8JKN4 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:44 am
fat

Image
Oh god
Woah It's Green ID: 316053
Woah It's Blue ID: 260308
Woah It's Yellow ID: 263387
Woah It's Red ID: 325994
Woah It's WhiteID: 258788
Image

User avatar
8JKN4
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 pm
Location: Brazil
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Re: Art Thread

Post by 8JKN4 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:56 pm

isn't this beautiful guys

Image
Hell Man: hotter than Heat Man, deader than Skull Man. Hell yeah.(Mugshot by MP64)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests