#teamtrees

Anything goes. The forum rules still apply here
supersmashgaming
Discord: supersmashgaming#0082

#teamtrees

Post by supersmashgaming » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:52 pm

So if you been watching YouTube yesterday around 1:00pm PST or 4:00pm EST, you might of seen if you subscribed to Mark Rober or MrBeast a video about planting 20,000,000 trees by 2020.

Now obviously this is insane! 20,000,000 trees by 2020? There is only 2 months left of 2019, but its a good thing as oxygen keep us on earth alive. If you like to help aid in this mission go to teamtrees.org to donate.

$1 = 1 tree planted

Unfortunately for me I can't donate, but I will spread the word. I suggests you donate, if you can't spread the word and get others to donate, This is our planet, lets take care of it.

Levels:
Banzai Woman

Not really on the forums a lot now a days. I'm mostly on discord now.

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Re: #teamtrees

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:06 pm

Now it is time for father son bonding time. Bond with me jimmy

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:21 pm

1 reply = 1 tree
I'm now a forum mod, Talk to me or the other moderators if you have any issues.

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:22 pm

Not trying to be a buzzkill or anything, but...

Of all the trees planted, how many of said trees will survive long enough to see their maturity, in comparison to all of the trees planted that will wither and die in the earlier stages of growth?

Of said trees that do survive into maturity, how many will be cut down for... making wood related resources? to make space for building related matters? due to inconvenient tree locations?

Not every dollar donated is guaranteed to be productive to the cause of saving the environment and making more oxygen, and I feel that should be acknowledged.

That said, its still an admirable cause to fight for, I just believe people supporting and running it should be a bit more open of the potential hurdles and speedbumps such a cause would entail.

Edit 1: I'd also like to see the math behind "$1 = 1 tree", as I highly doubt all the people working to plant and maintain said trees all over the world will want to work for free, and I doubt all equipment/resources needed to ensure the health of growing trees is free either.

Edit 2: Looked through the charity website's FAQ and found this questionable vague statement:

The lack of transparency on how they are planning to spend donator money to reach their goals is concerning to me.
They really can't tell backers what fraction of cents from each dollar goes to what activities?
They clearly would have had to have done the math on all associated activities to guarantee that the cost of planting a tree is exactly $1, so why not share it?
I'm beginning to question the validity of this charity, and if the lack of transparency is either incompetence with good intentions, or a scam.

Diamond Wolf
Discord: Diamond_Miner33#9310

Post by Diamond Wolf » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:21 pm

There are a lot of YouTube people supporting it, so I would guess the former.

Selling stuff!
SMHCP chips
SHCMP chips
Hologhost ER

#StopSuicideNow

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:22 pm
Not trying to be a buzzkill or anything, but...

Of all the trees planted, how many of said trees will survive long enough to see their maturity, in comparison to all of the trees planted that will wither and die in the earlier stages of growth?

Of said trees that do survive into maturity, how many will be cut down for... making wood related resources? to make space for building related matters? due to inconvenient tree locations?

Not every dollar donated is guaranteed to be productive to the cause of saving the environment and making more oxygen, and I feel that should be acknowledged.

That said, its still an admirable cause to fight for, I just believe people supporting and running it should be a bit more open of the potential hurdles and speedbumps such a cause would entail.

Edit 1: I'd also like to see the math behind "$1 = 1 tree", as I highly doubt all the people working to plant and maintain said trees all over the world will want to work for free, and I doubt all equipment/resources needed to ensure the health of growing trees is free either.

Edit 2: Looked through the charity website's FAQ and found this questionable vague statement:

The lack of transparency on how they are planning to spend donator money to reach their goals is concerning to me.
They really can't tell backers what fraction of cents from each dollar goes to what activities?
They clearly would have had to have done the math on all associated activities to guarantee that the cost of planting a tree is exactly $1, so why not share it?
I'm beginning to question the validity of this charity, and if the lack of transparency is either incompetence with good intentions, or a scam.
Why couldn't Mr Beast fund the entire project

Also they probably wouldn't allow the trees to be cut
I'm now a forum mod, Talk to me or the other moderators if you have any issues.

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

Sphyria
Discord: DumbRobot#8782

Post by Sphyria » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:08 pm

I am not trying to sound rude, but what you are doing here is advertising someone's channel, someone who has 25M subs (and Youtube servers are not eco friendly...), and incitating people on this forum to give him money... I reported your post.
Last edited by Sphyria on Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:14 pm

Sphyria wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:08 pm
I am not trying to sound rude, but what you are doing here is advertising someone's channel, someone who has 25M subs (and Youtube servers are not eco friendly...), and incitating people on this forum to give him money... I reported your post.
Hrm... So its a Youtuber PR stunt huh? Even more reason to be cautious I suppose.

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:19 am

Wait isn't Mr. Beast already rich af I'd rather pay for a kitchen gun

Goldstorm
Discord: Goldstorm#0037

Post by Goldstorm » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:33 am

I wouldn't trust any charity that isn't on Charity Navigator, personally I'd donate to Amazon Watch or Rainforest Trust. You know the money is going to help the rainforest, and possibly not some youtuber.

https://amazonwatch.org/donate

https://www.rainforesttrust.org/

Gravitrax64

Post by Gravitrax64 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:23 am

As a gardener, I love growing plants. Maybe in the spring I will look into planting apple trees.
I really needed to update my signature...

Diamond Wolf
Discord: Diamond_Miner33#9310

Post by Diamond Wolf » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:28 pm

Sphyria wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:08 pm
As I understand it, the charity is independent of any particular channel(s). There have been several channels who have supported the charity. I think these channels are merely people who are promoting the charity.

Selling stuff!
SMHCP chips
SHCMP chips
Hologhost ER

#StopSuicideNow