Crystal Palace (ID: 511945)

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
Casual Builder

Crystal Palace (ID: 511945)

Post by Casual Builder » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:33 am

I'm always fascinated with majestic and beautiful things... especially when the lights shine upon them.
Of course, I'm talking about crystals. Sad to say, the representation of this element in Mega Man Maker is quite lackluster... which inspired me to create a brand new level focused around this kinda stuff.

Playable Characters: Proto Man and Roll. You can stay as the former - or choose the latter - at the very start.
Mechanics Management: Every single option for the respective character is set to Disabled.
Available Weapons: Shadow Blade, Power Stone, Napalm Bomb, and Silver Tomahawk. You can freely choose your arsenal... or go through the upcoming challenges Buster/Broom only.
Overall Length: 53 screens. I can't help myself: I just like making longer levels, that's all. :)
Difficulty Level: Well... let's just say it's between Medium and Hard. It depends on the character you choose, as well as the additional weaponry you decide to pick (if any).

Plot Synopsis: The action takes place in MaGMML universe of the Mega Man franchise.
In Downtown Mega City, an attraction called Crystal Palace had been recently built. However, it was not meant to be opened for visit just yet: there were some final preparations left to do. Unfortunately, a rogue Robot Master called Crystal Man (duh... :lol: ) saw an opportunity to take over the Palace and reorganize it as his permament residence. Crystal Man's mysterious benefactor, Mr. X, provided him with sufficient resources: an army of construction robots, as well as two more Robot Masters as bodyguards - Top Man and Stone Man.
It's up to Proto Man (or Roll) to secure the Crystal Palace - and deal with menacing army of robots along the way.

TornadoHyenyaku and Vent Crystals... you know what to do. 8-)
I'm very certain that this level of mine will also pique your interest.

As for the rest of you, people... enjoy the level, and feel free to provide feedback.
Casual Builder's gotta casual, yo. 8-)

Casual Builder

Re: Crystal Palace (ID: 511945)

Post by Casual Builder » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:05 am

***UPDATE TIME, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN***

Due to miserable ratings on the original level, I've re-uploaded the simplified version under the name Crystal Palace Rebalanced (ID: 512169). There are now subtle changes which should make this level more enjoyable from now on.
Casual Builder's gotta casual, yo. 8-)

ZombieFlanders

Re: Crystal Palace (ID: 511945)

Post by ZombieFlanders » Tue May 04, 2021 1:01 am

This is a review for Crystal Palace Rebalanced (I actually did not play the first one).

Aesthetic / Tileset Layout:
10/10
I really liked the mix of ring man glass and crystal man tilesets. Plus the backgrounds blended well behind the glass. Everything pleased the eye.

Music (Use and Theme):
10/10
I really liked the music choices and switches in different areas. Everything felt right, and the tone throughout the level matched well.

Enemy Placements:
10/10
Loved the Molier uses, both as a platforming issue and an enemy charging you. Very satisfying, I thought you explored the Moliers use very well. All the enemy placements were good, never felt like I got hit in a cheap way. Everything did feel well balanced here.

Bosses:
6/10
The three boss fights felt... underwhelming. As mini bosses, ok, I can see not changing the boss room layout beyond box. But the final boss, gotta give me something more lol. Add an enemy from the level, or an object, or break up the floor, something. At this point in Mega Man, we've all played the big open square too many times lol.

Overall:
9/10
More than anything, the most important criteria, I had a lot of fun! So give it a try everyone.

You should post a link for people to play it, like this:
https://megamanmaker.com/?level=512169