Dr. Light's Hydro-Garden (ID:513183)

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
Tyler-bot

Dr. Light's Hydro-Garden (ID:513183)

Post by Tyler-bot » Thu May 06, 2021 6:09 am

Hello all! Another entry in my 'Old Levels Made New' series! This one was called 'Sky Forest', by forum-user Sakura. Here is the ID to their publication: https://megamanmaker.com/?level=18926
It was sort of all over the place, with gimmicks and enemies not really giving into the theme. However, this was obviously made before there was much to work with so the builder would have had little options. My version changes the setting to a hydro-garden facility.... or something like that, :D ! I've also added Protoman with his own unique armaments to choose from and a mini-vault at the end (which players can net extra goodies provided they found the security-key). Hope you all enjoy and feedback is welcome! Thanks!

Level-Link: https://megamanmaker.com/?level=513183

Type: Traditional
Length: Short (26 screens total. 2 devoted to character setup, and 3 for safety-nets)
Difficulty: Medium/Hard
Characters: Megaman (MM6 Charge, Slide enabled) or Protoman (Double-Damage enabled)
Starting Weapons (Megaman): Mega-Buster
Weapons Found (Megaman): None
Starting Weapons (Protoman): Choice between limited Needle-Cannon or Quick-Bommerang
Weapons Found (Protoman): None
E-Tanks: 0
M-Tanks: 1 (vault item)

Character-Select.

Choose wisely, Protoman!

What is going on in this garden of Dr. Light's?

Careful when passing through the later sections!

Some areas are completely underwater! Be on your toes!

Deadly Flower-Pots?!

(ID:513183)

Casual Builder

Re: Dr. Light's Hydro-Garden (ID:513183)

Post by Casual Builder » Thu May 06, 2021 10:23 pm

Majestic beauty combined with quite a challenging level design...

...what I'm trying to say is that many frustrations were had ('cuz I'm a Casual Builder, not a Kaizo Hardcore Badass Builder), but I've managed to persevere through the very end - and defeat this creation of yours.
Splash Platforms, 1-tile gaps, motherflerkin' Flower Presenters in this motherflerkin' garden... everything kicked the ever-living SHIET outta me. Many times, in fact. But I found the setups pretty much fair - although requiring precision when it comes to approaching and tackling them.
Very challenging and very frustrating... but at least Plant Man's fight is a cakewalk. Your level can very easily qualify as an example of Hard Levels, Easy Bosses trope.

Total Rating: 7/10

P.S. You made me FUCKING HATE Flower Presenters with the very core of my soul.
Casual Builder's gotta casual, yo. 8-)

Tyler-bot

Re: Dr. Light's Hydro-Garden (ID:513183)

Post by Tyler-bot » Sun May 09, 2021 5:04 pm

- Thanks for playing and I'm really glad you stuck it out until the end :)! Yeah I had a feeling this level was going to be frustrating in a lot of places so I put three of those 'safety-nets' to prevent excess time spent waiting between deaths due to pitfalls. However, I do agree that some of those enemy-placements were overtly devious... especially at that last little section before the vault/boss-entrance. As for the boss-fight... Agreed. Its pretty lack-luster... Bosses have never been my strong-point. I'll try to make the next boss-fight more interesting :D . Thanks again for the review, I appreciate it!