Bounce Man's New Playground || #281600

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
Hyenyaku

Bounce Man's New Playground || #281600

Post by Hyenyaku » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:03 am

Story:
"One of Dr.Light's newest robot masters, Bounce Man, suddenly went malfunctions due to a new kind of virus. He has taken over the rebuilt crash test laboratory and use it as a new playground. You need to go and stop him, but be careful, Mega! With the Speed Gear remains installed in his body, you may have little chance to knock him out. Luckily, the new laboratory has an extra testing course that may grant you some useful tools. Go, and bring Bounce Man back before the viruses spread further, Mega!"

Well, it's been a long time since I built my last level. This time, I want to make a fun-based easy level for everyone to enjoy.
Level name: Bounce Man's New Playground
ID: 281600
Difficulty: Easy - Medium
Characters: Mega Man (MM4 Charge shot + Slide) & Unlockable Protoman (Double Damage + Proto Strike)
Weapons: Mega Buster & Unlockable (Leaf Shield/Dive Missile/Time Slow/Rush Coil)

What to expect:

- Enemies
- Booeing, booeing Spring coils.
- Punch/Push blocks, Spikes, Laser beams and some mini easy challenge with them.
- Some mini hidden jumping & dodging challenges that will make you breeze through enemies in an easier way instead of killing them.
- A little shop to earn valuable weapons or unlock Proto Man after the mid-boss. Also, a small optional test that you must go through if you want to get any item in the shop. How much you can get depends on how far you can go.

Achievements:
- Pew-pew-pew!: Clear the level using Mega Buster only.
- Miss me!: Clear the level without taking damage.
- Twinkle twinkle twinkle little Suzies: Reach the boss door without killing/touching any Suzy (Octopus Battery).
- Treasure hunter: Complete the whole optional test, purchasing 2 items in the shop, and also collect all pick-up items outside the shop (items drop from enemies don't count).

For full enjoyable experience, replace the file "Music\MM7\SpringMan.nsf" in your game directory with this file. (Remember to backup your file before doing so)
Last edited by Hyenyaku on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you have a good level and want me to play it, feel free to send it to me.

IceBoi

Re: Bounce Man's New Playground || #281600

Post by IceBoi » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:52 pm

Hyenyaku wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:03 am
Did your level had multiple boss? :lol:
Who wants my Ice Slasher for your levels? My Ice Slasher will be guaranteed.
Thanks you for the free purchasing my Ice Slasher.
---
R. I. P. Shardman :cry:

Hyenyaku

Post by Hyenyaku » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:55 pm

IceBoi wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:52 pm
I'd say the boss is Top Man equipped with Speed Gear :lol:

Yoshi2018
Discord: https://discord.gg/JUKxsC7

Post by Yoshi2018 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:58 pm

I got stuck and couldn't finish, I liked the rest though!

IceBoi

Post by IceBoi » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:51 am

Hyenyaku wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:55 pm
IceBoi wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:52 pm
I'd say the boss is Top Man equipped with Speed Gear :lol:
Ok.
Who wants my Ice Slasher for your levels? My Ice Slasher will be guaranteed.
Thanks you for the free purchasing my Ice Slasher.
---
R. I. P. Shardman :cry:

Z1GMA

Post by Z1GMA » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:33 pm

Great level overall, and nice aesthetics.
Most of the hits I took in the level was my own fault because I rushed too hard. The sped up Spines felt a bit unforgiving tho, although they were a fun challenge. One of them decided to jump down on me. :lol:

I loved the level all the way until the vertical Box Jungle, which sadly felt spawn-timing-reliant.
The Laser Room could maybe have a smoother introduction or a hint of it coming, but maybe that's just me.
My favourite part was the Box Surfing while fighting the Joe and the Cowboy. A neat little challenge.

Boss was cool. You really had to pay attention in order to fight him.

Here's my playthrough if u feel like watching it.

Hyenyaku

Post by Hyenyaku » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:33 pm

Z1GMA wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:33 pm
Great level overall, and nice aesthetics.
Most of the hits I took in the level was my own fault because I rushed too hard. The sped up Spines felt a bit unforgiving tho, although they were a fun challenge. One of them decided to jump down on me. :lol:

I loved the level all the way until the vertical Box Jungle, which sadly felt spawn-timing-reliant.
The Laser Room could maybe have a smoother introduction or a hint of it coming, but maybe that's just me.
My favourite part was the Box Surfing while fighting the Joe and the Cowboy. A neat little challenge.

Boss was cool. You really had to pay attention in order to fight him.

Here's my playthrough if u feel like watching it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yej2iGgr8_0
Well, thanks for playing my level.

I came up with the idea of haywire spines room since I want something fun, but still a little bit challenging using them only. Well, to get through them without touching, player probably have to train their buster skill a little bit. Luckily spines don't deal large amount of damage so it won't be a rage challenge.

About the laser room, I kept in mind that I should make them prepared, so instead of an introduction in the previous screen, I decided to put a conveyor belt to slow them down, preventing them from rushing to instant death. However, it seems not to have affected your case. :V

Anyway, I never thought that a crazy spine could fall off the edge down to the floor below :lol: :lol:

Raniero

Post by Raniero » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:53 pm

Usually, I do not give a thumb up for the sake of thumbing up, especially considering that from the 7 times I tried to play the level, 6 of them I got locked in a wall. But besides that, I really love this level! It's interesting and fun to play. Looking forward for another spin-off level of yours!

Regards!

Hyenyaku

Post by Hyenyaku » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Yoshi2018 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:58 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxyaYHntWCA
I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for playing. Just one question, why are your videos so slow?
Raniero wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:53 pm
Usually, I do not give a thumb up for the sake of thumbing up, especially considering that from the 7 times I tried to play the level, 6 of them I got locked in a wall. But besides that, I really love this level! It's interesting and fun to play. Looking forward for another spin-off level of yours!

Regards!
Well, may be I wrongly called this level easy. May be I think the punch boxes section is easy because I'm used to it. I'll think of more ideas to make better levels in the future.
*Just a whisper:My levels in the past were so hard (or may be trolling) that after receiving many complaints I dramatically reduce the difficulty of my newest levels :V =))*

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:19 pm

This stage had some cool visuals and some nice ideas but ultimately I think some of it didn't work well. The 'Box-Jungle' part after the shop that had players climbing vertically as blocks were being sequentially pushed and pulled back to starting position by the conveyors was cool ... but way too cramped and I got to a point where I think the entire obstacle became de-synced or something because I could not proceed due to the box blocking me. As for Crash-Lifts as an aesthetic element... I would tone down on them a bit... some players find a lot of them visually confusing (Late-Night Mega to name one person in particular) and when you think about it, they are just eating up space and processing power (I am not a computer person but it makes a little sense, right?)without serving any gameplay purpose and gameplay should always outshine graphics IMO. Anyhoot, I liked the shop idea although devoting an entire screen for a 'shop' logo seemed like a waste of a room but that's just due to the fact I generally make slightly larger stages and have been working on trimming anything from them that serves little purpose to actual gameplay. Good work!

Yoshi2018
Discord: https://discord.gg/JUKxsC7

Post by Yoshi2018 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:11 pm

Hyenyaku wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:28 pm
Yoshi2018 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:58 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxyaYHntWCA
I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for playing. Just one question, why are your videos so slow?
1.5x speed fixes the issue. My videos are slow because my computer is weak.

Thenumber1234567

Post by Thenumber1234567 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:53 am

I like this stage. It does a good enough job introducing the push block gimmick and it did some cool stuff with it. Like that quick laser section. Although I really think you should have rethought that climbing section a little. I got stuck on that part twice thanks to it getting de-synced, making it where the blocks would just get in the way of me passing that part, hopefully that makes sense. I should also mention the boss. I liked the set up with the springs and I'm assuming Time man was supposed to act as a speed gear. It was cool. The shop was also a neat idea, though you maybe could have hidden keys throughout the stage.

Overall, Top ma- I mean Bounce man's new playground is pretty cool.
Member of the Scloof corp.™ That's cool is guess.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:13 am

Pretty good level, but I think the "shop" could probably be streamlined a bit, and the strictness of one of the Push Block challenges leads to potential issues like the Push Blocks desyncing or the player wall clipping.

Other than that, it was pretty enjoyable from start to finish.