-Construction Cliff- (326252)

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
Rafatenck
Discord: Rafatenck#5617

-Construction Cliff- (326252)

Post by Rafatenck » Thu May 16, 2019 1:21 am

-Construction Cliff-
< 326252 >

Boss: Concrete Man
Charge Buster: Disabled
Slide: ON
Character: Mega Man
Special Weapons: Rush Coil, Concrete Shot (Boss Weapon)
Stage Length: 49 Screens.
Difficulty: Medium
Checkpoints: 2

Concrete Man suddenly brought aggressive robots and machines to destroy mountains and build something... What happened to Concrete Man? What is he building?
Well... Let's stop him before we know!

The stage gimmicks is focused on:

Drills

And Lifts

This is my first Level Made in 1.5, I started it before the MMMLCC2019 was announced, so I'm using it as my submission to the Traditional category.

I wanted this stage to be very simple, but I think it could be better, I think it lacks a bit on the difficulty curve, maybe it can be easy to someone and hard for another, but that is just what I think.

Please tell me your opinion and criticism, as long they are constructive.
I hope you enjoy.

SPOILER
Last edited by Rafatenck on Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LightDaemon

Re: -Construction Cliff- (326252)

Post by LightDaemon » Thu May 16, 2019 2:14 am

This stage was interesting, enemy placement was fine, visuals were decent, overall there was a nice traditional feeling. Problem is, it suffers a lack of checkpoint. I got pretty far until I ran into a lot more harder section with rolling drills, without having encountered a checkpoint before. Therefore, I had to go back to the very start.

Then, I decided to stop.
Tired of Internet

Rafatenck

Post by Rafatenck » Thu May 16, 2019 3:11 am

LightDaemon wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:14 am
This stage was interesting, enemy placement was fine, visuals were decent, overall there was a nice traditional feeling. Problem is, it suffers a lack of checkpoint. I got pretty far until I ran into a lot more harder section with rolling drills, without having encountered a checkpoint before. Therefore, I had to go back to the very start.

Then, I decided to stop.
Well, I'm sorry about that. :| The stage had 3 checkpoints before, but I thought it was very close to the Half-stage Checkpoint so I just removed it.
Since Mega Man Unlimited has long stages with 2 checkpoints and it still good and fun (IMO) I decided to keep it with only 2.

I kinda understand how you felt, but me how the stage creator, I know everything about how to get through every section, so everything was "Easy" for me, and that's the worst part of creating a fair challenge, and if I'm guessing right, you died 1 or 2 screens before the Half-stage checkpoint, I kinda know my error and I would be frustrated on that too.

But hey, Thanks for your feedback. :D If you won't give the stage another chance, watch my video of the stage.
Last edited by Rafatenck on Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheKman100

Post by TheKman100 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:18 pm

I wouldn't mind the lack of checkpoints so much if you put more health refills in between. Aside from enemy drops and that one E-tank, I only saw about half a life bar's worth of energy in your stage.
Latest five levels:
* Legends of the Hidden Temple (332006)
* MAGMML2 - Yggdrasil Made Fair (334548)
* The Room Revolving (337399)
* Cyclone Fortress 2 (339317)
* Mega Man Rock Force - Crypt Man (340099)

Rafatenck

Post by Rafatenck » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:56 pm

TheKman100 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:18 pm
I wouldn't mind the lack of checkpoints so much if you put more health refills in between. Aside from enemy drops and that one E-tank, I only saw about half a life bar's worth of energy in your stage.
Gotta take notes from that, I think it could have more energy as well, unfortunately, I can't update this stage because it is participating in the Contest, but I will make sure to give more energies for future stages.

Thanks for the feedback