Disarmed Fortress 1 (340167)

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
D-Man

Disarmed Fortress 1 (340167)

Post by D-Man » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:14 am

Type: Non-Traditional
Length: Medium (31 screens)
Weapons: None
https://megamanmaker.com/?level=340167
After defeating the 8 Robot Masters, Mega Man prepares to make the trip through Wily's Castle once again, but is ambushed by a mysterious figure, and knocked out cold. When he awakens, he finds himself in a cell, stripped of all the weapons he accumulated thus far. However, he notices that the cage he was trapped in has an opening. Wondering who could have set him free, he makes the journey through the emerald-colored fortress, with nothing but his own reflexes to get him by.
An attempt at making a weaponless level, this was completed a long time ago, but I never thought of posting it until now. Sliding is also disabled, meaning you will have to take a methodical approach to things. Compared to my other levels, there are less branching paths, though there is still one secret to be found somewhere.
Feedback would be nice.
Waiting for King Knight and The Delicious Last Course (and 1.6).
Levels:
Darkness Crypt - Megaman (339203)
Excitement Emporium - Megaman (339627)
Trinitro Towers - Megaman (344128)
Cascade Pipeway - Megaman (349271)
Doc Wave V.2 (350661)

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Re: Disarmed Fortress 1 (340167)

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:16 pm

This level is a mess. The presentation is all over the place and failed to impress. The lack of a slide didn't feel "methodical", it just made the level more of a slog. The level cannot be beaten no-hit, and that is an issue.

It has some creative approaches, like the subeils and ladders, and the music choice was good, but overall, this was a frustrating and unpolished level.

10/100

You can improve! Try taking a look at some levels like Trial of Force, and playtest your level more. Organize it to make it look like less of a mess, and Disarmed fortress 2 can look promising.
http://megamanroyale.com/ <- Play

BWAHAHAHA I AM NOW THE GAMECUBE

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:04 pm

Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:16 pm
This level is a mess. The presentation is all over the place and failed to impress. The lack of a slide didn't feel "methodical", it just made the level more of a slog. The level cannot be beaten no-hit, and that is an issue.

It has some creative approaches, like the subeils and ladders, and the music choice was good, but overall, this was a frustrating and unpolished level.

10/100

You can improve! Try taking a look at some levels like Trial of Force, and playtest your level more. Organize it to make it look like less of a mess, and Disarmed fortress 2 can look promising.
Your feedback is much appreciated. Admittedly, this level was developed a long time ago, and I only felt like posting it after playing another person's weaponless level. It has not been edited since, but with your feedback, I have a clear direction of what to do.
By the way, did you find the E-Tank room? Its location was marked by some weapon energy capsules. Also, what did you think of the Toad Man fight (if you reached it)?
One last thing: Disarmed Fortress 2 was originally in development as the Bass counterpart to this level, but since his abilities are tough to work with (and I can barely manage to make decent levels with Megaman), I put it on indefinite hiatus. Instead, I'll work on a V.2 of this level, which would probably be released sometime during 1.6.
Waiting for King Knight and The Delicious Last Course (and 1.6).
Levels:
Darkness Crypt - Megaman (339203)
Excitement Emporium - Megaman (339627)
Trinitro Towers - Megaman (344128)
Cascade Pipeway - Megaman (349271)
Doc Wave V.2 (350661)

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:45 pm

D-Man wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:04 pm
Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:16 pm

10/100

Your feedback is much appreciated. Admittedly, this level was developed a long time ago, and I only felt like posting it after playing another person's weaponless level. It has not been edited since, but with your feedback, I have a clear direction of what to do.
By the way, did you find the E-Tank room? Its location was marked by some weapon energy capsules. Also, what did you think of the Toad Man fight (if you reached it)?
One last thing: Disarmed Fortress 2 was originally in development as the Bass counterpart to this level, but since his abilities are tough to work with (and I can barely manage to make decent levels with Megaman), I put it on indefinite hiatus. Instead, I'll work on a V.2 of this level, which would probably be released sometime during 1.6.
Did not find either. On the other hand, I'd really like to see a bass level...
http://megamanroyale.com/ <- Play

BWAHAHAHA I AM NOW THE GAMECUBE