Perilous Peaks (ID: 385901)

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
GamerFromTheWeb
Discord: GamerFromTheWeb#9001

Perilous Peaks (ID: 385901)

Post by GamerFromTheWeb » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:43 am

ID: 385901
Playable Link: https://megamanmaker.com/?level=385901
Difficulty & Length: Medium
Gameplay: Traditional

(i was too lazy to type a paragraph this time, have fun)
like all my levels and subscribe to my youtube channel or you will get the zero virus at 3 am in a chuck e cheese

im back baby

memelord69

Re: Perilous Peaks (ID: 385901)

Post by memelord69 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:57 am

This level is just a bunch of cheap damage and death tbh. The Nut enemies are placed in such a way that they're either unfair or pointless. If we know the Nut is gonna be at a spot ahead of time, we kill it and the challenges are mostly nullified. If we don't know it's there (and we won't the first time), the Nut ends up in a spot that's impossible to hit, while it gets free shots on you since you're scurrying along timed platforms

I know there's an age old debate about whether "trial and error" gameplay is okay, but I'm on the side that it's horrible design. This level is trial and error from very early on. For example, in the beginning of the level, the 2nd screen when you're going down, either we know to spam shots at the Nut near the ceiling, or we don't. If we hit it, the room has no challenge anymore. If we don't know it's there, we're probably gonna get knocked into the spikes. And this room is one of the lesser offenders, since we can at least climb back onto the platforms. Later on, we have Nut enemies that, once you miss them, you're probably getting knocked into a pit.

The section with Item 1 is just pointless imo. We use it like 3 times, eat some more cheap shots, and then the item is never referenced again.

Strangely enough, the third chunk of the level was the least frustrating out of everything. It was kind of all over the place with its mechanics, but it actually flowed pretty well.

I think the biggest issue with the level is the difference between a blind player and a repeat player. If you know the challenges ahead of time, you can basically skip them altogether. If you're blind, it's just death, after death, after death. That imo is terrible, but some people swear by it, so it's up to you I guess
Triple Weapon Troubles 396416
Assault on the Citadel 391765
Disastrous Factory 391968
Fighting Infernal Flames 392650
Magic Bouncing Ball 307148
Electric Terrain 121647
Final Transmission 257962
Panicked Pursuit 170589
Triple Kaizo Trouble 251465