Gilded Citadel (ID: 501139)

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
GamerFromTheWeb
Discord: GamerFromTheWeb#9001

Gilded Citadel (ID: 501139)

Post by GamerFromTheWeb » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:20 am

ID: 501139
Playable Link: https://megamanmaker.com/?level=501139
Difficulty: Medium
Length: 49 Screens
Characters: Mega Man (Charge & Slide), Roll (No Charge, No Dodge Roll)
like all my levels and subscribe to my youtube channel or you will get the zero virus at 3 am in a chuck e cheese

im back baby

Fati98

Re: Gilded Citadel (ID: 501139)

Post by Fati98 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:28 pm

It's a great level good but there are some little issues in my opinion:

Checkpoint Before First Boss:
Well it's not a big problem for mega man since he can attack at long range so first boss is easy for hım.But not for roll.Since she has to stay close to boss to attack it makes it hard to dodge the boss.It's still a nice gimmicky boss that you need boss to stop moving then hit her with three broom hits.But as i said its a bit hard for roll so i suggest putting a checkpoint before first boss.

Last Boss For Roll:
Its pretty good and hard boss that requires fast reflexes.But i think Metal Man is unnecessary here.Because you just jump and hit him there are no obstacles to prevent you to do this.

Like i said ıt's really great level with nice challenges so good job!
I hope I can describe what I want to say in English. :D
Also it would be nice if you play some of my levels.(They could be hard)
-Tree Towers:https://megamanmaker.com/?level=503502
-Mt Trainwreck:https://megamanmaker.com/?level=506106

GamerFromTheWeb
Discord: GamerFromTheWeb#9001

Post by GamerFromTheWeb » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:21 pm

Fati98 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:28 pm
It's a great level good but there are some little issues in my opinion:

Checkpoint Before First Boss:
Well it's not a big problem for mega man since he can attack at long range so first boss is easy for hım.But not for roll.Since she has to stay close to boss to attack it makes it hard to dodge the boss.It's still a nice gimmicky boss that you need boss to stop moving then hit her with three broom hits.But as i said its a bit hard for roll so i suggest putting a checkpoint before first boss.

Last Boss For Roll:
Its pretty good and hard boss that requires fast reflexes.But i think Metal Man is unnecessary here.Because you just jump and hit him there are no obstacles to prevent you to do this.

Like i said ıt's really great level with nice challenges so good job!
Thanks for playing!

For the last boss, I intended for Metal Man to switch the conveyers but for some reason it reset when I used MMLV Editor, and just didn't notice that until a day or two after uploading the level. In hindsight, I should've given Roll charge broom for the first boss, but honestly I think it's fine enough considering that there's a lot of opportunities to combo Splash Woman.
like all my levels and subscribe to my youtube channel or you will get the zero virus at 3 am in a chuck e cheese

im back baby

bountɥking

Post by bountɥking » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:38 am

I actually had an easier time with Splash Woman's first appearance with Roll than with MegaMan, but maybe that's just because I was more familiar with her by that point. It did take me a while to figure out how to approach her as Roll though, but after that it wasn't too difficult.

XDiegoBroht

Post by XDiegoBroht » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:31 pm

My Gameplay

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:05 pm

GamerFromTheWeb wrote:Gilded Citadel
Excellent level design! Really polished and well thought out.
XDiegoBroht wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:31 pm
My Gameplay
Great gameplay, enjoyed the vid!

Nickelasse

Post by Nickelasse » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:39 pm

Great stage and probably your best looking level yet. Obviously the stage was very well crafted in many regards so I'll just point out what I woulda liked to see more of: The bunby catchers. While they were used very well to screw over the player if we stopped paying attention to them, it would've been neat to have another platforming segment with them where you're forced to use them to clear a series of jumps. They were required in that one instance right past the first fight with splash woman then it never showed up again. This really isn't a fault of the stage naturally, just something I woulda' liked to see explored further. (Scratch that, I forgot it did appear later on again. My bad). ;) Thats really all I have to point out. Hard stage, but a very fun one!

I recorded my playthrough of your stage yet again, here it is if you would like to see how I did:

Building easier levels made me realize how difficult it is to keep a stage "light" yet interesting at the same time. It is a fun challenge projected to the creator rather than to the player. ;)

Shit the Bed

Post by Shit the Bed » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:34 pm

Great stage. Dessigns are mostly interesting and does not feel any artificial at any point. Pacing is tarnished by the first miniboss being harder than it should be and not having a check point. The final boss is way too hard but all likeable. I have seen this splash platform combo for couple of times IDK who made it. The stage almost does nothing wrong.

Dessign: 8.6
Pacing: 7.8
Progession: 8.0
Creativity: 8.5

Total: 8.2
Trying to bring the perfectly balanced frustration to Megaman