Flying Kick Falls / ID: 75358

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
Minoru Leonardo

Flying Kick Falls / ID: 75358

Post by Minoru Leonardo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:37 pm

Flying Kick Falls
ID: 75358

This was my second level I had uploaded but since I never created a topic to advertise it... Better late than never, right?

This is a basic Charge Kick level, made in the days before 1.1, even before the double jump mechanic was fully integrated into this weapon (glitches notwithstanding), and there aren't "slide between ceiling and floor spikes" traps, but a few dangerous segments here and there, although nothing even remotely close to "kaizo" difficulty or other C. Kick levels around Mega Man Maker.

If you play it, I hope you enjoy it.

Overall map size.
  1. Mount Springs [ID: - WIP -]
  2. Flying Kick Falls [ID: 75358]
  3. Ambersand Fortress [ID: 178033]
  4. Kyanite Veins [ID: - WIP -]
  5. Magnes Trials [ID: 84169]
  6. Kairos Core [ID: 382134]
  7. Boreas Bluff [ID: - WIP -]
  8. Petrol Quarry [ID: 379389]

Jordarrian
Discord: Distord#8284

Re: Flying Kick Falls / ID: 75358

Post by Jordarrian » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:00 pm

I enjoyed it. Here's my feedback on the level:

I loved the creative methods you made even if they were just basic. I hope you do more levels based on this concept. Though, one thing I didn't like was the boss arena. Yes, fighting Crash Man was a challenge given you only have Charge Kick, but the design could've been a little better.

Keep on making levels man, I really loved playing this.

Minoru Leonardo

Post by Minoru Leonardo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Jordarrian wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:00 pm
I enjoyed it. Here's my feedback on the level:

I loved the creative methods you made even if they were just basic. I hope you do more levels based on this concept. Though, one thing I didn't like was the boss arena. Yes, fighting Crash Man was a challenge given you only have Charge Kick, but the design could've been a little better.

Keep on making levels man, I really loved playing this.
Thanks for playing it! I'm glad you enjoyed it, boss issues aside.

But yes, I think I wasn't quite sure what to do with Crash Man there. I remember thinking every other boss would be either dull, or even more obnoxious to fight with the Charge Kick, so I did that arena. In hindsight I should've tried something more clever there.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:46 pm

Despite the level's age, it was built quite well.

The challenges where built quite well for the classic version of charge kick, before the jump cancel was introduced.

The boss fight felt a tad bit awkward at first, until I realized there was a strategy where I could get him into a pattern where he always jumps into the charge kick and Crash Man fires the crash bomb too high up the wall for it to connect.

Minoru Leonardo

Post by Minoru Leonardo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:34 am

Royalguard wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:46 pm
Despite the level's age, it was built quite well.

The challenges where built quite well for the classic version of charge kick, before the jump cancel was introduced.

The boss fight felt a tad bit awkward at first, until I realized there was a strategy where I could get him into a pattern where he always jumps into the charge kick and Crash Man fires the crash bomb too high up the wall for it to connect.
I'm glad you liked it, I tried to keep it mostly simple and direct to the point here. Even with the double jump thing I'm not sure I'd add a lot of other stuff in this level since I can't think of a good way to teach people how to do it.

And nice going with the boss, it's always interesting to see strategies people come up with in my levels.