Wary Waters (ID: 314264)

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
Post Reply
SoupBowler
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:27 am
Contact:

Wary Waters (ID: 314264)

Post by SoupBowler » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:38 pm

ID: 314264

https://megamanmaker.com/?level=314264

A fairly standard level. You only have the Water Wave as a weapon. This stage has water jumps, ice physics, and some wind/magnet shenanigans in the second half. Ice Man is a mid-boss, and Magnet Man is the main boss. The stage is about 38 screens long with an average difficulty. Oh, did I mention there are fish?


Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Feedback is appreciated.

User avatar
Nigel Chinclucker
Posts: 710
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:51 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Wary Waters (ID: 314264)

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:32 pm

I didn't like how everything was so close together. It makes the shotmans much more frustrating than they really should be.
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

SoupBowler
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:27 am
Contact:

Re: Wary Waters (ID: 314264)

Post by SoupBowler » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:54 am

Nigel Chinclucker wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:32 pm
I didn't like how everything was so close together. It makes the shotmans much more frustrating than they really should be.
That's not good. What would you say is a better gap distance based on blocks? I'd rather make enemy placement more challenging than annoying and cheep.

User avatar
Pika Luigi
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:48 am

Re: Wary Waters (ID: 314264)

Post by Pika Luigi » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:25 am

Overall, I liked the level. However, there were a few points in the level that I found frustrating, specifically the section right after the mid-boss and the section before the fourth and fifth checkpoints. The enemy placement in these parts made it nearly impossible to avoid getting hit, and I died numerous times because of the spike placement.

The best part of the level in my opinion was the final boss, which put an interesting twist on magnets and ice that made me have to relearn Magnet Man's pattern, especially with Water Wave as the only option to attack him.

If I changed anything, it would be the placement of some of the spikes, the placement New Shotman after the 3rd checkpoint, and the position of the enemies before the 4th checkpoint.
I'm-a Pika Luigi!

SoupBowler
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:27 am
Contact:

Re: Wary Waters (ID: 314264)

Post by SoupBowler » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:45 pm

Pika Luigi wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:25 am
Overall, I liked the level. However, there were a few points in the level that I found frustrating, specifically the section right after the mid-boss and the section before the fourth and fifth checkpoints. The enemy placement in these parts made it nearly impossible to avoid getting hit, and I died numerous times because of the spike placement.

The best part of the level in my opinion was the final boss, which put an interesting twist on magnets and ice that made me have to relearn Magnet Man's pattern, especially with Water Wave as the only option to attack him.

If I changed anything, it would be the placement of some of the spikes, the placement New Shotman after the 3rd checkpoint, and the position of the enemies before the 4th checkpoint.
I think the reason my Shotman and spike placement were so bad is because I was worried the level wouldn't be hard enough. I need to worry more about if the design is fair rather than challenging. Even I find the Shotman annoying but I left them there like an idiot. Glad to here you enjoyed the end boss! Juggling staying on stage and shooting the boss is just felt right to do especially since I used all of the ice and magnet elements earlier in the stage. Thanks for the feedback!

Tyler-bot
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:29 pm

Re: Wary Waters (ID: 314264)

Post by Tyler-bot » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:16 pm

- This stage felt very cluttered to me and many of the enemy-placements (especially the shotmen) were very irritating to deal with. The Ice and glass tiles and the waterfall background seemed to blend together for me sometimes and I missed a jump or two because of it. Many layouts felt cramped, with too much insta-death everywhere IMO. I thought the boss was ho-hum and overall the stage wasn't anything too spectacular. I chose to leave my vote neutral... needs polish.

SoupBowler
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:27 am
Contact:

Re: Wary Waters (ID: 314264)

Post by SoupBowler » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:04 pm

Tyler-bot wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:16 pm
- This stage felt very cluttered to me and many of the enemy-placements (especially the shotmen) were very irritating to deal with. The Ice and glass tiles and the waterfall background seemed to blend together for me sometimes and I missed a jump or two because of it. Many layouts felt cramped, with too much insta-death everywhere IMO. I thought the boss was ho-hum and overall the stage wasn't anything too spectacular. I chose to leave my vote neutral... needs polish.
I'll try more contrasting colors to make platforms easier to see, and I'll spread out more of the obstacles. I'll also keep an eye on where I place enemies more. What do you mean by the boss being "ho-hum"? Thanks for the feedback.

Tyler-bot
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:29 pm

Re: Wary Waters (ID: 314264)

Post by Tyler-bot » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:40 pm

SoupBowler wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:04 pm
Tyler-bot wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:16 pm
- This stage felt very cluttered to me and many of the enemy-placements (especially the shotmen) were very irritating to deal with. The Ice and glass tiles and the waterfall background seemed to blend together for me sometimes and I missed a jump or two because of it. Many layouts felt cramped, with too much insta-death everywhere IMO. I thought the boss was ho-hum and overall the stage wasn't anything too spectacular. I chose to leave my vote neutral... needs polish.
I'll try more contrasting colors to make platforms easier to see, and I'll spread out more of the obstacles. I'll also keep an eye on where I place enemies more. What do you mean by the boss being "ho-hum"? Thanks for the feedback.
- Ho-hum is a term that I use when something in a level just sort of exists... In this case the boss being ho-hum meant that it wasn't really anything spectacular or particularly interesting to me. It wasn't a bad boss or unfairly set-up or anything like that. I just didn't really find it all that engaging.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests