Prison Escape

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
MaverickHunterLuneth

Prison Escape

Post by MaverickHunterLuneth » Mon May 06, 2019 3:08 pm

Link to level:
https://megamanmaker.com/?level=324412

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/bQhRZFD

This is a fairly long level with 5 boss fights, it should take anywhere from 20-30 minutes to complete. The level takes about 30-35 seconds to load up, so you'll need to be a bit patient if you decide to try it out.

Megaman has been imprisoned in a fortress, and has been stripped of his buster. His goal is to escape his cell, reclaim his buster, and then escape the fortress. But escaping the fortress itself won't be nearly as easy as escaping the prison area, there are 4 locks at the exit, requiring the weapons of the four robot masters in the fortress. Megaman will have to find them all and take their powers in order to escape. Once he escapes the fortress, he'll only have one obstacle in his way before being truly free...

The basic layout of the level is you start in a prison cell, and have a fairly straight forward path up until you get your weapon, after that you'll be met with a central hub area will give you the choice of going to which ever Robot Master's area you want to go to. There is also an optional path with an optional weapon. The optional path is more difficult than any other part of the level, but it rewards you with the Oil Slider, which can be used to take easier paths in the other areas (though other weapons will allow you to do this as well) and it will give you a key that can be used to open a sort of treasure room, with a bunch of goodies in it, such as 9 lives, an E Tank and an M Tank, though they aren't exactly free to grab.

There are a lot of extra lives spread about, for the sake of helping out any players that may encounter this level in Wily Challenge.
This stage also has a lot of backtracking to the central hub after beating a Robot Master, but the way back is always either faster than the trip to the boss room, or offers a new alternate path that takes advantage of the new weapon you just acquired.
Also slide jumping will be required in a couple areas, but I don't make those too difficult since the trick itself is difficult enough to pull off.

RadRobot

Re: Prison Escape

Post by RadRobot » Tue May 07, 2019 7:48 am

Wow, that was actually pretty fun. The concept isn't new and the tilesets aren't the best but the gameplay makes up for it all. I did actually enjoy going through and doing all the challenges and bosses which means I wasn't disappointed spending a lot of time into the level.
Making the level more appealing and interesting could be nice to grab people's attention (and maybe putting pictures on your actual level page) but aside from that it was a fun level!
Stay Radical! :lol:

Latest Levels:
- Electric Plant -
- Funfair Fever -
- Grenade Facility -

Hosting Challenge:
- Cloudy Challenge -

MMM Fan Game Coming Soon?

runeman

Re: Prison Escape

Post by runeman » Tue May 07, 2019 6:46 pm

This looks really cool. I love levels that execute on a theme and the way the environment suggests different parts of a prison facility gives the player a sense of space and purpose. The weapons used reinforce the theme by enhancing your mobility, which is cool. I'll give some more impressions once I've finished it.