-Lumber man stage-

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
Sp1ke

-Lumber man stage-

Post by Sp1ke » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:30 pm

This is the second level i have made, hopefully it will be better than the previous
it takes place in an abandoned sawmill hidden deep in the forest
i've put secret rooms where weapons and other stuff can be found and i tried to make the stage longer and more difficult

LEVEL LINK:
https://megamanmaker.com/?level=333509

SOME SCREENSHOTS

the boss fight is pretty standard difficulty and the boss' weaknesses are hidden in some of the previously mentioned secret rooms

i hope this one will be more enjoyable than the first one i've made
let me know what you think
me: makes joke

friend: "that wasn't very nice"

me:

Obderhode
Discord: Obderhode

Re: -Lumber man stage-

Post by Obderhode » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:37 pm

That was a really fun and well designed level. :)

I found all the weapons too. Well done, rated up!

Sticks

Post by Sticks » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:08 pm

Overall really good level! It felt a bit short but it was still at a good length where dying before the checkpoint would still impact you. I actually skipped the route for the Pharaoh Shot on accident, and then used Item-1 to slide into it from what would've been the exit of that path, whoops. I was at first gonna try a buster only run but the level at times doesn't exactly rely on the weapons, it just has a few situations where Leaf Shield comes in very handy, I was on low health near the needle enemies and I had to use Leaf Shield on the ladder to take them out, along with near the end with the waanaans and fire totems, not a bad level by any means, the tiles were used wonderfully and it has some nice and solid mechanics with some cool secrets.
Profile Name: StyxSticks

Waiting for 1.6 to put out any future levels.

Sixsack

Post by Sixsack » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:07 am

Felt like it was from a Mega Man game! It was really fun, but a bit short.... but the gimmicks weren't introduced that well, for example, the firsr time you see a press it's over conveyor belts. Also, the boss was very easy.....
(Was this inspired by Metal Man's level? Seeing how they both have conveyor belts, presses and are both cut themed)
*sexy wiggle*

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:52 am

Overall, this level was enjoyable, at least for me. There was no excessive use of spikes, like in Float Man, and enemies are introduced one at a time before being combined with gimmicks and each other. Like your previous level, it is visually appealing as well, with tiles and colors that fit the lumber theme well.
Your usage of weapon capsules was also good. I missed Pharaoh Shot and Item-1 on my playthrough, so I temporarily downloaded your level to see it's layout, and found it subtly hidden near the E-Tank and the first Rock Thrown.
Some things I didn't like about the level were the enemy placements towards the beginning. It was possible to stand far from their attack range and easily take them out. There was also the easily missable Protoman capsule at the beginning, which had nothing to hint towards it being at the left of the starting point.
Keep going.
This is stupid, I wan play CUPHEAD
Levels:
Darkness Crypt - Megaman (339203)
Excitement Emporium - Megaman (339627)
Disarmed Fortress 1 (340167)

Redcrazykirby

Post by Redcrazykirby » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:14 am

I didn't saw this thread and that it was you who made it, I just played it randomly when you published it ! And it was really a great level ! Great graphism again. Congratulations keep going on :)

Try my own version of a MMPU demake => MEGAMAN 1 UPGRADED

Nickelasse

Post by Nickelasse » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:26 pm

I notice a lot of people felt like the level feels short, to me it felt just right in terms of length. Too many stages out there sometimes feel like they overstay their welcome, lasting way over 50 screens. ;)

I liked the difficulty of the stage, you did not overuse instant death obstacles such as pits or spikes, which is another thing people tend to overdo in their stages. I was happily surprised to play a stage were taking damage is also a threat.

Gimmicks were decent all around. I like how you changed up your ways of using the conveyors and the crushers past the first checkpoint.

The visuals of the stage obviously outshines the majority of stages out there and is probably the strongest point of the stage.

The only slightly disappointing thing would be the bossroom. Mainly because I felt like the teleporters in there did not follow the overall theme of the level. Also, they made Cut man very cheeseable:

Either way, a very much so enjoyable stage to play through!

Building easier levels made me realize how difficult it is to keep a stage "light" yet interesting at the same time. It is a fun challenge projected to the creator rather than to the player. ;)

LightDaemon

Post by LightDaemon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:53 pm

I stopped playing after smth like 12 screens because of the lack of checkpoints. Overall it felt repetitive and frustrating.

But from what I've seen, technically speaking, it was a pretty solid, especially visually, like your previous stage. Some enemies are badly placed though, and can easily be cheesed. Some enemy combinations are just too tricky and left me wonder how I was supposed to dodge their attacks.
Tired of Internet

Sp1ke

Post by Sp1ke » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:15 pm

Thanks for the feedback!
I didn't see how many replies I got since I don't check the forum very often
The main complaints I had were the short length of the stage, cheeseable enemies and a downright crappy boss room

The only slightly disappointing thing would be the bossroom. Mainly because I felt like the teleporters in there did not follow the overall theme of the level. Also, they made Cut man very cheeseable:
I do have to admit this boss was rushed.
I was really tired while making this but I wanted to finish it so the boss is very easy and almost ridiculous to fight

I agree with almost everything I listed before, except for the length of the level
Many have complained about the stage being too short but it's more than 30 screens if I remember correctly and I think that's pretty much like a classic mm stage lenght
I am not sure about it though
I stopped playing after smth like 12 screens because of the lack of checkpoints
As for checkpoints, I tend to use 2 per stage: one in the middle and one before the boss room, like in classic megaman (except for mm8)
To me a checkpoint feels like a reward for completing the first part of the level and adding more would kinda defeat the purpose of it, because it would just make the level too easy.
me: makes joke

friend: "that wasn't very nice"

me: