cosmos man - observatory (ID: 348149)

Showcase your own levels here. Make sure to provide the level ID, a description and at least one screenshot
draconetto

cosmos man - observatory (ID: 348149)

Post by draconetto » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:24 pm

A space themed level mixing the no-gravity areas of star man with the quick and inside areas of galaxy man level with a short rush jet section. The level is made to be fast paced and requires good reflex to avoid some attacks.

2 weapons are in "hidden" side rooms
More details about the level: https://megamaker.webmeka.io/search.php?act=1&id=348149
Link: https://megamanmaker.com/?level=348149

OBS: it takes a while to load because there's a lot of enemies (ovnis from mm9)

Last edited by draconetto on Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DSN001

Re: cosmos man - observatory (ID: 348149)

Post by DSN001 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:00 pm

I liked this level...
Background-Music-Enemies are balanced.
Weapons are not bad.
Mini-game with Rush reminded me Gradius from Konami.
Traps are well-designed.
But I would prefer Cosmic Man instead of Cosmos Man.

just wondering. Why you did not wait for Galaxy Man or will you edit the level when Galaxy Man comes?
Light's Blue. And Light Blue.

draconetto

Post by draconetto » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:00 am

DSN001 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:00 pm
I liked this level...
Background-Music-Enemies are balanced.
Weapons are not bad.
Mini-game with Rush reminded me Gradius from Konami.
Traps are well-designed.
But I would prefer Cosmic Man instead of Cosmos Man.

just wondering. Why you did not wait for Galaxy Man or will you edit the level when Galaxy Man comes?
is galaxy man coming with 1.6??? i didnt know about that, nice!

yeah, i agree cosmic man is a better name. Guess i'll make a v2 when 1.6 drops. Thanks for the feedback!

DSN001

Post by DSN001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:26 pm

You are willkommen. But :roll: I don't know Galaxy Man's situation in 1.6, if I made you misunderstood, sorry for that.
Light's Blue. And Light Blue.

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:24 am

This level lagged a lot when I played it, and I assume it was because of the large amount of extra screens you put in order to make the autotiler work nicely. Even without them, the level is longer than average, which prevents it from being as "fast paced" as you described it.

Beyond that, playing this was enjoyable. Your usage of rotating and Ring platforms was great, especially when combined with the chosen enemies. The way the rotating platforms were color-coded reminded me of a level I played a while back. Weapon capsules are hidden subtly, and their contents work well with the abundance of water and midair enemies. However, when first playing this stage, I ended up softlocking myself here:
Admittedly, I wasn't paying enough attention, but it's important to take into account situations like these.

The Rush Jet sections were rather plain, as it is nothing but a straight ride forward with some enemies scattered about. Not only that, there's two of them. Adding some different obstacles, like maybe Force Beams to narrow the playing field would probably make it more interesting.

Finally, the bosses were good, though Bubble Man has a tendency to linger at the top-right corner of the arena, making him very vulnerable to attack.
Waiting for King Knight and The Delicious Last Course
Levels:
Darkness Crypt - Megaman (339203)
Excitement Emporium - Megaman (339627)
Trinitro Towers - Megaman (344128)
Cascade Pipeway - Megaman (349271)
Doc Wave V.2 (350661)