Can anyone tell me if there are any good Metroidvania levels? Also, are there any levels that take up every single room?

Discuss level design, whether in general or related to your levels
Takatsuki

Can anyone tell me if there are any good Metroidvania levels? Also, are there any levels that take up every single room?

Post by Takatsuki » Sat May 01, 2021 6:10 pm

Been out of the MMM loop for... over 2 years now, I guess? I come to find out that there's a bunch of cool stuff like being able to change music, which would be great for Metroidvania levels. So... are there any particularly good Metroidvania levels in MMM these days? Preferably not insanely hard ones - I'm looking for stuff that actually plays like a traditional Mega Man game stage.

Also, I'm curious... are there any stages that take up literally every single possible room on the map?

Brazencoronet17
Discord: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Re: Can anyone tell me if there are any good Metroidvania levels? Also, are there any levels that take up every single r

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sun May 02, 2021 4:33 am

I've always had the idea of making a gigantic level with a ton of screens, but I always get bored before I can get anywhere with it lol

I've heard that levels that take up a lot of screens have a tendency to lag or take a while to load though, so whether if it's possible might be dependent on how much the game or the creator/player's computer can take?
i'm inactive but i still check the forums sometimes, mostly playing fighting games now

Zephadus

Re: Can anyone tell me if there are any good Metroidvania levels? Also, are there any levels that take up every single r

Post by Zephadus » Mon May 03, 2021 3:21 am

I've played a few, but I'll be damned if I can remember what they were.
I'll start compiling a list next time I get a chance to play.
If I find any good ones, I'll report back here.