About The Magma Beam Generator

Discuss level design, whether in general or related to your levels
Runglo

About The Magma Beam Generator

Post by Runglo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 pm

It's been a while since I've made one of these posts, and it's nice to be back. As a return to form, for lack of a better term, I would like to ask if anyone has any ideas on how to use the Magma Beam Generator to the best of its ability. Hopefully topics such as these may help someone who is either coming up with (an idea or concept for) a level or has run out of ideas. Thank you for your consideration. :idea: Oh, and Happy late New Year's.
აბგდევზთიკლმნოპჟრსტუფქღყშჩცძწჭხჯჰ

D-Man

Re: About The Magma Beam Generator

Post by D-Man » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:28 am

A sideways Magma Beam can be used in tandem with Concrete Shot and connected screens to form a very long platform. You should make sure the player can't get softlocked, as the Beam won't fire unless the generator is also on screen.

You could also do what Magma Man's stage on Hero/Superhero Mode did, which is to use the Magma Beams as a way to limit the player's space when dodging other enemies' attacks.

EDIT: Here's a demonstration of the first idea. Also how's the progress on your Black Hole Bomb level?

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigDestroyer#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm

Using the Magma Beam to ignite TNT crates could work.
You may inform me about problems in the MMM platforms. I also make artwork, music and reviews.

Runglo

Post by Runglo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:25 pm

D-Man wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:28 am
A sideways Magma Beam can be used in tandem with Concrete Shot and connected screens to form a very long platform. You should make sure the player can't get softlocked, as the Beam won't fire unless the generator is also on screen.

You could also do what Magma Man's stage on Hero/Superhero Mode did, which is to use the Magma Beams as a way to limit the player's space when dodging other enemies' attacks.

EDIT: Here's a demonstration of the first idea. Also how's the progress on your Black Hole Bomb level?
My apologies: it seems that I've made a mistake in communication. When I made the 'About the Black Hole Bomb' topic, I was making a place for weapon ideas to spoken of, so that said ideas may inspire people to make levels or help those with a sort of "writer's block" power through it, so to speak. I never meant these topics to be a place where I just ask for ideas for my own benefit. When I made that post, I was new to the forums so I made these topics to serve as a sort of meaningful dialogue, not to imply that such dialogue isn't/wasn't already on the forums, which for the record, it most certainly is/was.

Also, to clarify, I am not currently playing Mega Man Maker actively at the moment.

(P.S. I liked your demonstration. It's like one of the showcase GIFs that is uploaded to the Mega Man Maker Twitter.)

Runglo

Post by Runglo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:55 pm

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm
Using the Magma Beam to ignite TNT crates could work.
I didn't know that. That's nice to know for future reference. Thanks! :)

Kun fu Cuts Man
Discord: https://discord.gg/d8PdzqX | Kun fu Cuts Man#6955

Post by Kun fu Cuts Man » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:43 am

Let´ s not forget you can do this:

Feel free to be as evil you want
Does this count?

About my fangame, I made a new server and all the things related to it have been relocated there, join here
Finished it.