Escape from the Space station puzzle

Discuss level design, whether in general or related to your levels
Post Reply
boltgreywing
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:20 am

Escape from the Space station puzzle

Post by boltgreywing » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:11 am

So this level Escape from the Space station puzzle level appears to be unbeatable and is an example level. Any way to fix this?

Its demonstrated here in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE52EzPYj3Y

User avatar
DestroyerOfDestruction
Posts: 882
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:42 am
Location: Colombia
Discord: BigMaster#4335
Contact:

Re: Escape from the Space station puzzle

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:34 am

boltgreywing wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:11 am
So this level Escape from the Space station puzzle level appears to be unbeatable and is an example level. Any way to fix this?

Its demonstrated here in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE52EzPYj3Y
It's NOT unbeatable. Are you sure you broke the respective obstacles?
Crossing a dangerous river

boltgreywing
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:20 am

Re: Escape from the Space station puzzle

Post by boltgreywing » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:54 am

Its not me playing it but another user playing it.

User avatar
DestroyerOfDestruction
Posts: 882
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:42 am
Location: Colombia
Discord: BigMaster#4335
Contact:

Re: Escape from the Space station puzzle

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:27 am

I played it and I could get the Energy Element. The other user needs to make sure they have actually cleared all the paths. The level itself was designed to allow the players to come back to zones where it was needed, since if they lose, they might need to destroy the blocks again.

The level actually is doable. Trust me.
Crossing a dangerous river

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Escape from the Space station puzzle

Post by Royalguard » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:35 pm

I played through the level just a few minutes ago and verified it is still possible to complete via standard play.

Image

One thing of note with the level though, at some point after this Example Level's creation, the teleporters where modified and no longer appear to get along well with the low ceilings they are paired with in this level.

Holding a directional button down while entering a teleporter can cause you to clip into walls and zip into rooms unintentionally. If you let go of all directional buttons when entering a teleporter, they appear to work as intended and don't cause clipping or zips.

Tyler-bot
Posts: 660
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:29 pm

Re: Escape from the Space station puzzle

Post by Tyler-bot » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:35 pm
I played through the level just a few minutes ago and verified it is still possible to complete via standard play.

Image

One thing of note with the level though, at some point after this Example Level's creation, the teleporters where modified and no longer appear to get along well with the low ceilings they are paired with in this level.

Holding a directional button down while entering a teleporter can cause you to clip into walls and zip into rooms unintentionally. If you let go of all directional buttons when entering a teleporter, they appear to work as intended and don't cause clipping or zips.
- There is a way to solve that problem. You just put the exit teleporter (the invisible one.) 2 tiles under where you want megaman to spawn and fill over it with your tiles as normal. When megaman spawns it wont matter if the player is hitting a direction.... he won't clip into the ceiling. I've known this for a while but neglected to say anything.... I thought everyone knew.

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Escape from the Space station puzzle

Post by Royalguard » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:13 pm

Tyler-bot wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:17 pm
Royalguard wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:35 pm
I played through the level just a few minutes ago and verified it is still possible to complete via standard play.

Image

One thing of note with the level though, at some point after this Example Level's creation, the teleporters where modified and no longer appear to get along well with the low ceilings they are paired with in this level.

Holding a directional button down while entering a teleporter can cause you to clip into walls and zip into rooms unintentionally. If you let go of all directional buttons when entering a teleporter, they appear to work as intended and don't cause clipping or zips.
- There is a way to solve that problem. You just put the exit teleporter (the invisible one.) 2 tiles under where you want megaman to spawn and fill over it with your tiles as normal. When megaman spawns it wont matter if the player is hitting a direction.... he won't clip into the ceiling. I've known this for a while but neglected to say anything.... I thought everyone knew.
Maybe Meka would be willing to update the Example Level to fix the teleporters, and do some other miscellaneous polish? I did find a location where you can damage boost sequence break by sliding through the spike wall near the "Giant Robot" section, to skip part of the level.

boltgreywing
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:20 am

Re: Escape from the Space station puzzle

Post by boltgreywing » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:52 am

Royalguard wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:13 pm
Tyler-bot wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:17 pm
Royalguard wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:35 pm
I played through the level just a few minutes ago and verified it is still possible to complete via standard play.

Image

One thing of note with the level though, at some point after this Example Level's creation, the teleporters where modified and no longer appear to get along well with the low ceilings they are paired with in this level.

Holding a directional button down while entering a teleporter can cause you to clip into walls and zip into rooms unintentionally. If you let go of all directional buttons when entering a teleporter, they appear to work as intended and don't cause clipping or zips.
- There is a way to solve that problem. You just put the exit teleporter (the invisible one.) 2 tiles under where you want megaman to spawn and fill over it with your tiles as normal. When megaman spawns it wont matter if the player is hitting a direction.... he won't clip into the ceiling. I've known this for a while but neglected to say anything.... I thought everyone knew.
Maybe Meka would be willing to update the Example Level to fix the teleporters, and do some other miscellaneous polish? I did find a location where you can damage boost sequence break by sliding through the spike wall near the "Giant Robot" section, to skip part of the level.
Also the boss doors have the same clipping behavior too and can cause the player to get stuck in walls. I noticed it one of my levels and it was one with as few as 4 doors.

boltgreywing
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:20 am

Re: Escape from the Space station puzzle

Post by boltgreywing » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:57 am

Tyler-bot wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:17 pm
Royalguard wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:35 pm
I played through the level just a few minutes ago and verified it is still possible to complete via standard play.

Image

One thing of note with the level though, at some point after this Example Level's creation, the teleporters where modified and no longer appear to get along well with the low ceilings they are paired with in this level.

Holding a directional button down while entering a teleporter can cause you to clip into walls and zip into rooms unintentionally. If you let go of all directional buttons when entering a teleporter, they appear to work as intended and don't cause clipping or zips.
- There is a way to solve that problem. You just put the exit teleporter (the invisible one.) 2 tiles under where you want megaman to spawn and fill over it with your tiles as normal. When megaman spawns it wont matter if the player is hitting a direction.... he won't clip into the ceiling. I've known this for a while but neglected to say anything.... I thought everyone knew.
I certainly didn't know about the teleporter glitch thing. Its better but still glitchy. Its very annoying, and I don't know why it was changed that way when it worked perfectly well prior to 1.5? 1.6 appears to fix a few things, but still there is chances the teleporter can still cause problems.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests