[Reservations are open. The weapon is Silver Tomahawk.]
The starting screen is available at ID 84101
How to Participate:
- Check the later pages of this thread to see if the level is currently reserved.
- If there is no current reservation, reply to this thread with “Reserving Level” in bold characters.
- Once you have reserved, you have a maximum of 24 hours to post your new version of the level. If your reservation post is the most recent one in the thread, delete it and replace it with an update post. Otherwise, simply make a new post. The new level ID must be posted in bold.
- Once you have updated the level or 24 hours have passed, the level is now free for others to reserve and edit!
Rules: They’re here to keep everything fun.
- One reservation at a time! If the level is reserved, please wait until it’s free before reserving it yourself. That way, no one’s work is wasted.
- Once you have reserved the level, please edit your post within 24 hours. Let’s keep the design process moving! If you don’t edit your post within 24 hours, the level will automatically be unreserved and others may reserve it.
- Give others a chance. If you have recently made a reservation, please wait until at least 5 other designers have made edits before you make another reservation. Missing the deadline to edit the level counts as using up a reservation.
- One screen at a time! Once you have reserved the level, please only add one screen’s worth of gameplay. Your new screen must be directly connected to and accessible from a previously existing screen.
- Respect the work of others. You may make small edits to pre-existing screens, but only if they are directly connected to your screen and the edits are for the purpose of improving the transitions between the two screens. Use your judgement to evaluate the size of an edit. If it’s a significant change, consider communicating with the designer of the other screen and obtaining their permission to change it. Exception: since a level-end orb must be placed in order for the work-in-progress level to be published online, you may always remove the orbs/party balls used to beat the level from the screens created by others.
- Please do not change the level’s weapon selection, mega buster charge style or disable the slide. Do not place bosses or extraneous level end orbs/party balls, as we will decide on the placement of the level’s ending as a community later on when the level is a reasonable length. Feel free to change the level’s music, but the final music choice will also be up to the community.
- Updates may be contributed as online published versions of the level, and the level’s filename must be “Pass-the-Level 1#Your Name Edit.mmlv”. (Replace the bold with your username, but keep the hashtag.) In order to publish a level you downloaded, change the final three lines so that they match a level you made from scratch. Then, change the text between quotes on the penultimate line to “Pass-the-Level 1#Your Name Edit”. Don’t publish the level with a name that suggests it’s the final version!
Guidelines: Good principles to keep in mind.
- Keep it fun. We’re here to make the best level we can, so contribute the best screen you can make!
- Keep the difficulty in check. A hard-but-fair screen is great, and some well-placed enemies are always fun. A ridiculously difficult kaizo screen out of nowhere is not fun, and nobody likes dealing with a murder glob of enemies.
- An extension of the last two points, but do try to place enemies where they are interesting and complement the level's theme. If the only good way to deal with an enemy is to take damage and/or move past it, consider changing the enemy’s role in your screen.
- Keep the theme. It’s ok if the level’s look and feel changes over time as part of the level’s “story”, but have a good reason before you deviate from the established style.
- Consider designing your screen before reserving the level, then editing it to fit into the current version once you have reserved. That way, you're essentially guaranteed to make the 24 hour update deadline.
- As much as possible, try to keep the lag low.