Bosses that can be seen as main characters. (A bit long)

Discuss level design, whether in general or related to your levels
MegaJosh67

Bosses that can be seen as main characters. (A bit long)

Post by MegaJosh67 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:12 am

Alright so what I mean by this is robot masters that have similar patterns and abilitys as those main characters. I won't be focusing on appearance. If you plan on making a mod with main Megaman characters replacing robot master feel free to use these ideas. :D

Proto Man - Pharaoh Man
Pharaoh Man can charge his shot (like protoman) it look's like the Megaman 5 charge and in Megaman 5 Protoman shooted at an angle.

Bass - Skull Man
Skull Man can shoot in multiple directions like Bass. Also, the shield is like junk shield..? I dunno.

Mega Man - Ice Man
I mean, Ice Man jumps and shoots 3 bullets at a time. (Like Megaman.) Yeah, now that I think about it this one doesn't work that well.

Dr. Wily (Capsule) - Astro Man
They both fly, and they both teleport. Simple.

Duo - Hard Man
They have similar color palletes, they both have big fists and they are about the same size. Yeah, i'm running out of ideas.

Quint - Toad Man
They are both pathetic bosses. I got nothing more to say.

Bonus: Zero - Flame Man
The flame shots could be shots from the Z Buster and the flame shock waves are the shock waves that appear in Zero fights.
I am... Scarf Man.

StoneColdSolidus

Re: Bosses that can be seen as main characters. (A bit long)

Post by StoneColdSolidus » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:51 am

ok I kinda can't agree with that

Pharao Man - shots fire not Plasma, also his shot is vertically as big as his body

Skull Man - can only shoot in one direction (horizontal)

Astro Man - very maneuverable compared to wilys aircraft

Toad Man pathetic? gtfo :D

no offence but all in one it sounds like you smoked to mutch weed an things got a little bit to mixed up in your brain xD

nah joke aside, I think, or i wish there is a connection between Metal Man and Shadow Man ... cause the weapon is similar ... but thats not the topic

I'm thinking but I rly can't find anything ... maybe Zero and Snake Man ... because of the long hair/tail ... and the other long long .... who knows

MegaJosh67

Post by MegaJosh67 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:11 am

StoneColdSolidus wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:51 am
ok I kinda can't agree with that

Pharao Man - shots fire not Plasma, also his shot is vertically as big as his body

Skull Man - can only shoot in one direction (horizontal)

Astro Man - very maneuverable compared to wilys aircraft

Toad Man pathetic? gtfo :D

no offence but all in one it sounds like you smoked to mutch weed an things got a little bit to mixed up in your brain xD

nah joke aside, I think, or i wish there is a connection between Metal Man and Shadow Man ... cause the weapon is similar ... but thats not the topic

I'm thinking but I rly can't find anything ... maybe Zero and Snake Man ... because of the long hair/tail ... and the other long long .... who knows
1. As I said, I wasn't counting appearance and what I said about the charge shot on Protoman's thing I meant Megaman's charge shot from Megaman 5.

2. I you jump while Skull Man is shooting his shots will be at an angle.

3. I never said that the patterns were the exact same, just similar.
I am... Scarf Man.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:39 pm

Unfortunately, the majority of Robot Master bosses lack the in-game ability to climb ladders (usually no sprites/animations exist for these behaviours) so they aren't fitting as main playable characters in that regard.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

DSN001

Post by DSN001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:31 pm

I don't think robot masters are similar to each other.
By the way, royalgaurd, I liked your avatar.
Ice Man can shoot 3 at once, but Mega Man cannot shoot more than 3 in one screen, Ice Man can.
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!!!
FIGHT FOR EVERLASTING PEACE!

Fluff Man

Post by Fluff Man » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:55 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:39 pm
Unfortunately, the majority of Robot Master bosses lack the in-game ability to climb ladders (usually no sprites/animations exist for these behaviours) so they aren't fitting as main playable characters in that regard.
I don’t think you understand, he asking about what robot masters could be used as main characters in levels, like for instance say you wanted to make the Proto man fight, he’s saying that pharaoh mans patterns are similar enough to that of Proto mans that you could use pharaoh man in place of him.

I think that spring man fits quint a bit more, he jumps around a lot and his tiny spring things are kinda like the rocks quint makes.
FEAR MY FLUFF OF DOOM

MEGAMAN -1 Megamaker Fangame in Progress!
Also, working 50/50 uncheatable randomizer that anyone can copy into their levels! level ID 353798

Best Megaman theme: https://youtu.be/Z2ACqGtQodM

Kun fu Cuts Man
Discord: https://discord.gg/d8PdzqX | Kun fu Cuts Man#6955

Post by Kun fu Cuts Man » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:32 am

Time Man could be a great replacement for Double Gear Mega, he ocasionally slows time (speed gear) and his arrows do decent damage. He also walks at a speed simililar to mega´ s.

As for Pharaoh Man as Proto, just imagine he has the proto strike and call it a day.
Does this count?

About my fangame, I made a new server and all the things related to it have been relocated there, join here
Almost finished!