Weapon analysis-Flame sword

Discuss level design, whether in general or related to your levels
14Protoman

Weapon analysis-Flame sword

Post by 14Protoman » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:18 pm

Flame Sword is an MM8 weapon added to Mega Man Maker in version 1.5.0.
Type: Fire / Melee.
Power: 6 (2x2x2)
In MM8, the fire sword is a weapon that serves both combat and exploration, since it serves to defeat most of the enemies with between 1 and 2 hits, it can detonate the TNTs of the grenade level, burn the plants of energy from the level of the search man and melts the broken ice blocks of the Frost man level, it is also the weakness of the search man, who can burn it when he hides among his bushes.

In Mega man maker it is a fairly similar weapon, but it has disadvantages compared to the original.
Type: Fire / Melee.
Power: 3 (1x1x1)
In MMM, the sword is still a good weapon, the problem is that it now causes half of the original damage; Even so, Flame sword remains one of the best weapons in the game, as it can defeat several small enemies at the same time, in addition to being one of the few weapons that can defeat a Brain break without spending it in its first form. , since most weapons can only break the shell, even if they are fully loaded; It is also the weakness of divisible enemies that measure approximately 2x2, which would be: Crazy razy, Crabbot, Brain break and Blader tank DX.
Another very good quality of Flame Sword is that, being a firearm, it is capable of burning oil and can still explode the TNT of the Granada man, MM8.
Last but not least, is that being a melee and penetrating weapon can cause twice as much damage to bosses that can cripple the player with earthquakes, it is most notable with Hard man.

D-Man

Re: Weapon analysis-Flame sword

Post by D-Man » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:09 pm

Well that was quick. I haven't even finished the Power Stone analysis that I started today.

Some things that were missed:
  • Flame Sword can destroy the train-like Shupponpons in Clown Man's stage
  • The player cannot move while swinging the Sword on the ground
  • The original weapon has 15 frames of animation, while MMM's version has only 3. This is part of why it does less damage
  • It can hit Wood Man through his Leaf Shield, despite being unable to pierce other enemies' shields. This was a feature in the Sega Saturn version of MM8, where Wood Man made a guest appearance
While I appreciate the enthusiasm, I suggest that you just let me do the Weapon Analysis series. Though I take a long time to put together a post, it's because there are a lot that goes into it, like the demo level that I make for gifs.
He's Here.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:40 am

D-Man wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:09 pm
Well that was quick. I haven't even finished the Power Stone analysis that I started today.

Some things that were missed:
  • Flame Sword can destroy the train-like Shupponpons in Clown Man's stage
  • The player cannot move while swinging the Sword on the ground
  • The original weapon has 15 frames of animation, while MMM's version has only 3. This is part of why it does less damage
  • It can hit Wood Man through his Leaf Shield, despite being unable to pierce other enemies' shields. This was a feature in the Sega Saturn version of MM8, where Wood Man made a guest appearance
While I appreciate the enthusiasm, I suggest that you just let me do the Weapon Analysis series. Though I take a long time to put together a post, it's because there are a lot that goes into it, like the demo level that I make for gifs.
Too bad, and that I liked your idea, maybe it is better idea to do some with enemies, but I have an idea, if you have such a hard time making such publications, what if you tell them to me and I help you with the post, just pass the gif and I will pay more attention next time.

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:23 am

14Protoman wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:40 am
Too bad, and that I liked your idea, maybe it is better idea to do some with enemies, but I have an idea, if you have such a hard time making such publications, what if you tell them to me and I help you with the post, just pass the gif and I will pay more attention next time.
So like becoming an editor? That could work...

There are a lot of enemies in this game, so what about making analyses of the Robot Masters? You can describe their AI patterns, how their attacks work, and suggest ways in that they can be used.
He's Here.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:52 am

D-Man wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:23 am
14Protoman wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:40 am
So like becoming an editor? That could work...
It seems fine, I can start this morning.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigDestroyer#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:53 pm

The weapon's range is good enough to destroy explosive enemies.
You may warn me about problems in the MMM platforms.