Which MMV bosses do you think should be added to MMM?

General discussion of Mega Man Maker

Mercury
9%
Venus
3%
Mars
6%
Neptune
9%
Jupiter
19%
Saturn
9%
Uranus
9%
Pluto
13%
Terra
22%

Total votes: 32

MisterRhoney

Post by MisterRhoney » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:30 am

So... If and/or when a Mega Man V update comes, which Stardroid(s) would you want added?

Blue_Bummer

Re: Which MMV bosses do you think should be added to MMM?

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:12 pm

I base my choices off of what I believe are Dev requirements...

Mobility: Could they move around custom rooms well? Do they jump?
Pattern: Would they be fun to fight? Interesting to fight?
Compatibility: Do their patterns require certain specific rooms? Would missing something in a room break their pattern?

With this in mind I chose Venus, Neptune, and Terra.

For reference.

Although he's missing from the list, I think Sunstar would work with some subtle tweaks.

https://youtu.be/U6fvM3oeDKs?t=397

How to fix Sunstar for MMM.

*Combine his 3 attack patterns. Have them alternate randomly (similar to how Napalm Man was made random).
*Raise his pattern 2 jump height to 2 tiles minimum (when he jumps from one side of the room to the other).
*Mix pattern 1's dash across the room and pattern 2's jump across the room as alternating means of travel. Either that, or remove the dash entirely in favor of his pattern 2 jump.
*Make his ball roll attack capable of scaling walls.

The eroding floor is completely unnecessary to his pattern. Using key parts of his canonical pattern as his mobility function he could still work well in a variety of custom boss rooms.

Sunstar would take alot of tweaking but I think he'd be doable, and one of the most formidable bosses for MMM ever due to all his varied attacks.

Hikaru The Wizard 1107

Post by Hikaru The Wizard 1107 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:12 pm

I vote for jupiter and saturn
I AM THE KING OF MADNESS!

Casual Builder

Post by Casual Builder » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:38 am

OK...
For me personally, both Mercury and Mars are out.
Saturn, Uranus and Pluto are highly doubtful, given their capabilities.
Venus and Neptune would probably rank as several plausible Stardroids for addition.
So, I'm banking on both Jupiter and Terra as a "guaranteed" inclusions in the future.
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:12 pm
Although he's missing from the list, I think Sunstar would work with some subtle tweaks.

https://youtu.be/U6fvM3oeDKs?t=397

How to fix Sunstar for MMM.

*Combine his 3 attack patterns. Have them alternate randomly (similar to how Napalm Man was made random).
*Raise his pattern 2 jump height to 2 tiles minimum (when he jumps from one side of the room to the other).
*Mix pattern 1's dash across the room and pattern 2's jump across the room as alternating means of travel. Either that, or remove the dash entirely in favor of his pattern 2 jump.
*Make his ball roll attack capable of scaling walls.

The eroding floor is completely unnecessary to his pattern. Using key parts of his canonical pattern as his mobility function he could still work well in a variety of custom boss rooms.

Sunstar would take alot of tweaking but I think he'd be doable, and one of the most formidable bosses for MMM ever due to all his varied attacks.
Oh yeah, Sunstar... of course. That's why I made my man rockin' some shades 8-) :lol:
Make it happen, Mega Man Maker team... make it happen. In the future, of course.
Being a Casual Builder is always boring.
Ladies and Gentlemen... meet SunSwagger - a supreme being whose goal is to make all inferior lifeforms a lot cooler. 8-)

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:13 am

Hmmm, this is a VERY hard choice for me because none of the Stardroids have the themes we are missing the most in Mega Man Maker (Ice, Nature and Fire)...

Mercury could simulate a "Dark-type" for my future Pokemon map remakes because of his Grab Buster being a "thieving" ability, though Quick Man or Shadow Man could also fulfill that role.

Venus and Neptune are yet more water-themed bosses. For the purposes of my pokemon-based maps, I separate the water bosses that actually shoot water (Bubble, Wave, Burst, Aqua and Pump Men) vs. the water bosses with non-water weapons (Dive Man, Pirate Man, Splash Woman), the latter filling the role of the "Dragon-type"... Well, Venus and Neptune are in the former group, and I believe I will only need them if I go as far as to make levels based on Alola and Galar, which has a VERY LOW chance of happening.

Mars is just another pure bomb-theme like Grenade Man and Blast Man. Non-elemental "Normal-type", BORING.

Jupiter is yet ANOTHER Electric-type, which are not so scarce anymore since the introduction of Sheep Man (I'm counting Magnet Man as electric as well) so I'm not in a hurry to get him.

Saturn, as a timespace-themed boss, would make a great substitute for Gemini Man, Gravity Man and/or Centaur Man, who can't get in Mega Man Maker as far as we know.

Uranus not only needs a very specific arena to work in, he's also yet another Rock-type, when we already have Stone, Crystal and Concrete Men, and it's very possible that Guts Man gets added in 1.7, so we have enough stone-themed robot masters as it is.

Pluto would count as a fighting-type to me, and for that we already have Hard, Top, Knight and now Yamato Men... Hmmmm, but on second thought, Pluto could also be a Slash Man replacement, we just pretend he's nature-themed due to his animal shape...

After writing all of this and considering my options, I'm gonna have to vote Saturn, Pluto and Mercury as the three that best suit my purposes.