The Fate of Remaining Weapons

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
Casual Builder

The Fate of Remaining Weapons

Post by Casual Builder » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:32 am

Remember one of my earliest topics, "Probability Game: Special Weapons"?
If not, here's a refresher: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10307

Since 1.7 came out, that topic became pretty much outdated. Having all 6 NES Mega Man titles fully represented through their respective weapons was an oh-so-pleasant surprise... and yet, here's another matter at hand.

These guys.
There are still more weapons left to be implemented into Mega Man Maker - mainly from MM7 onwards. What I'm showing here is a mock-up of how these weapons would look like interface-wise. I've cooked up this image in MS Paint using various DeviantArt source images as a base - looks pretty professional, eh? 8-)

Which of these weapons would be pretty cool to see in Version 1.8, and which of these should be saved for much later time? Feel free to discuss.
Casual Builder's gotta casual, yo. 8-)

Blue_Bummer

Re: The Fate of Remaining Weapons

Post by Blue_Bummer » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:56 pm

I think MM7 and MM8 will be finished patch 1.8.

MM9, MM10 and MM11 will be in patch 1.9.

That is if the Devs go in order, they may throw curve balls just to be unpredictable. :P

Diggin' the presentation here. I get butterflies just looking at it and thinking about the future. :)

Casual Builder

Post by Casual Builder » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:56 am

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:56 pm
That is if the Devs go in order, they may throw curve balls just to be unpredictable. :P
With less and less weaponry being left to implement for each update, Predictability factor goes out of the window - in my opinion, that is. Predictability doesn't even matter when it comes to Special Weapons side of the Level Builder assets... it will be a matter of time before this category of assets will be eventually filled up.
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:56 pm
Diggin' the presentation here. I get butterflies just looking at it and thinking about the future. :)
You and me both... :mrgreen:
Seeing every single official Mega Man weapon grouped into one PNG makes me wanna have a nerdgasm. :D

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:25 pm

Casual Builder wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:56 am
With less and less weaponry being left to implement for each update, Predictability factor goes out of the window - in my opinion, that is. Predictability doesn't even matter when it comes to Special Weapons side of the Level Builder assets... it will be a matter of time before this category of assets will be eventually filled up.
Exactly.

By the time we reach 1.10, the devs will have to resort to adding MM&B and Gameboy weapons (could add weapons from both at once to satisfy both sides of the fanbase).

By the time 1.12 comes out, we'll have ALL weapons! That'll be one less thing for the devs to worry about in future updates after it.
Mr. Gimmick: 507698
Castle of Illusion:
Part 1: 508177
Part 2: 508180

supersmashgaming
Discord: supersmashgaming#0082

Post by supersmashgaming » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:46 pm

You know I'm kind of wondering about the Mega Man Killers weapons, currently hosted in the MM10 category.

Since the Mega Buster and nothing is included in every category and each category will eventually have all 8 robot master weapons, that leave only 2 slots open. So with 3 Mega Man Killers weapons, are they to just gonna add a scroll bar to MM10 or give those weapons their own category?
Levels:
Banzai Woman

Casual Builder

Post by Casual Builder » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:28 pm

supersmashgaming wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:46 pm
You know I'm kind of wondering about the Mega Man Killers weapons, currently hosted in the MM10 category.

Since the Mega Buster and nothing is included in every category and each category will eventually have all 8 robot master weapons, that leave only 2 slots open. So with 3 Mega Man Killers weapons, are they to just gonna add a scroll bar to MM10 or give those weapons their own category?
Well...
It would be logical to place them into Game Boy category. And they may arrange them like this:

* Mirror Buster ------- * Photon Missile
* Screw Crusher ------- * Electric Shock
* Ballade Cracker ------- * Black Hole
* Spark Chaser ------- * Deep Digger
* Grab Buster ------- * Break Dash
* Bubble Bomb ------- * Salt Water

And yet, Sakugarne and Carry might be included - thus they would have their places set in the Special category, kinda like where Magnet Beam and Super Arrow currently reside.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:44 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:25 pm
Casual Builder wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:56 am
By the time 1.12 comes out, we'll have ALL weapons! That'll be one less thing for the devs to worry about in future updates after it.
At the rate we're going by the time 1.12 comes out we may be looking at Mega Man 12 being available (or at least already announced). :P

It's all so huge, the idea/concept/work behind MMM. 😬 I truly hope the Devs can find it within themselves to carry on long enough to complete the weapons roster.

Kinda hope that the Power Ups/Shop Items (without shops) get squeezed in there too somewhere.🤞🤞🤞

Casual Builder

Post by Casual Builder » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:04 am

Seems like I forgot about something...

The weapons from DOS games!

* I'm aware that MS-DOS installments are complete trash... but they were still licensed by Capcom.
* And weapons I'm presenting here are not taken from original games - those are reimaginings straight from MM8BDM fan expansion "DOS Reborn" by Magnet Dood and his crew of Cutstuff.net users. Follow the link if you wanna learn more. (https://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=10122.0)
* Also, you might be thinking: "Hey Casual Builder, you do know that those exist only in first-person perspective, right?" Of course I do! And I am totally sure that nothing would stop spriters and programmers to translate them into classic Mega Man platforming.

The list of Weapons in order: Sonic Pulse (taken from Sonic Man), Plasma Cutter (taken from Volt Man), Dynamite Cluster (taken from Dyna Man), Knife Spread (taken from Discount Blade Man - who was renamed to Knife Man in the expansion), Blow Torch (taken from Discount Torch Man aka Braze Man), Drill Pike (taken from Bit Man), Shark Attack (taken from Shark Man), Bubble Bath (taken from Discount Wave Man aka Buoy Man), Sludge Burst (taken from Discount Oil Man aka Petrol Man).

Here's my question to you, guys. Are those even worthy to be included into Mega Man Maker?

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:50 am

Casual Builder wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:04 am
Here's my question to you, guys. Are those even worthy to be included into Mega Man Maker?
Personally, I don't think I will ever need the PC games' weapons or bosses, as by the time we get to them we will have plenty alternatives for all of them.

When they get to update 1.10 I will be expecting them to add 4 MM&B weapons and 4 Gameboy weapons, plus a couple utilities such as Carry and Sakugarne.

From MM&B I would like Wave Burner, Copy Vision, Tengu Blade and Ice Wall first (with the other four weapons coming in the update after that), but for the Gameboy weapons I think I'm willing to accept anything, don't have any particular wishes there...

Just saying add both MM&B and Gameboy weapons so that the people that ask for one or the other will both be pleased.
Mr. Gimmick: 507698
Castle of Illusion:
Part 1: 508177
Part 2: 508180

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:53 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:50 am
Casual Builder wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:04 am
Personally, I don't think I will ever need the PC games' weapons or bosses, as by the time we get to them we will have plenty alternatives for all of them.
Agreed. Honestly I think I'd rather see fangame weapons over the Dos weapons.
When they get to update 1.10 I will be expecting them to add 4 MM&B weapons and 4 Gameboy weapons, plus a couple utilities such as Carry and Sakugarne.....

Just saying add both MM&B and Gameboy weapons so that the people that ask for one or the other will both be pleased.
Hybrid releases are a natural thing for updates so having MM&B + GB content together is highly probable.

For MM&B my top two weapons I'm watching for are Ice Wall and Spread Drill.

@ Casual Builder

What's your opinion on Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chōsensha? The Wonderswan exclusive sequel to MM&B.

I wouldn't mind seeing some MMM Dev team spins on some of those weapons.

Casual Builder

Post by Casual Builder » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:29 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:53 pm
@ Casual Builder

What's your opinion on Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chōsensha? The Wonderswan exclusive sequel to MM&B.
Personally, I'm not quite sure about Mega Man & Bass: Challenger From the Future. It's obscure enough that I'm sure it won't be even touched by development team any time soon.

The only weapon I could ever appreciate from there is Rock/Forte Vulcan... and that's it. The rest feel like haphazard inclusions.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:15 pm

Casual Builder wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:29 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:53 pm
@ Casual Builder

Personally, I'm not quite sure about Mega Man & Bass: Challenger From the Future. It's obscure enough that I'm sure it won't be even touched by development team any time soon.

The only weapon I could ever appreciate from there is Rock/Forte Vulcan... and that's it. The rest feel like haphazard inclusions.
Dev tweaks could make those much more viable, like they've done with some of the other weapons. 🤔 Giving them new twists to make them original and offer new things.

Time Switch could offer a variation of MMM's Centaur Flash. Run through frozen enemies, but no damage to enemies and no invulnerability to spikes (which is it's original function in the WonderSwan game).

Doppler Attack Could offer some cool new design opportunities. Like being a lethal ghost flying and going through walls. Sounds OP but if the level is designed with it in mind could be really cool.