Megaman Fan Website Opening

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
Meka

Megaman Fan Website Opening

Post by Meka » Wed May 05, 2021 4:14 pm

Hi there;
The main features for the fan website are done so i decided to open it already for everyone;

Here's a rough list on the website features that are available at the moment :
```
- New UI for the website in general
- You're now able to directly connect with your Megaman Maker account instead of a specific account on the website.
- Level lists now have a difficulty bar when available to give you a rough idea of the level difficulty.
- Boss mug are now shown in the level list.
- A new page is available to be able to search for assets by name and being able to have a list of same theme assets.
- After doing a search you can now copy the link from the browser to share you search easily.
- You can now report an issue for the viewer/website or ask for a feature on the website / on a page of the website.
- You are able to set a level as favorite and see the list of your favorites once connected.
- You can now download a level directly in the level data page if needed.
- You can get a link to your level by opening the image of the level in a new tab.
- You can see the basic information of your level like weapons, checkpoints, number of screens...
- You can hide the weapon list on the level list in your profile as an option to toggle on/off.
- You can authorize the website to record your time and death in your profile from your game play.
The data from it is not available yet but will be available soon in levels that have times, and as a leaderboard page.
- Everyone gets a profile page with their level list.
```

Hope you'll all like the new website and the feature it propose, for any feedback or issue please use the "Report an issue" page;

https://megamaker.webmeka.io/

On the upcoming list :
```
- Streamers tools, to be able to queue level and have the current level playing on top of your stream.
- Conditional Search, a special search where you'll be able to search for the level of your dream by adding a lot of crazy conditions.
- More data shown on the level data page
- Seing times & death in the level data page
- Being able to comments on levels
- Leaderboard page with latests times from people that accepted to record it
- Putting back the level pack where you can create a pack of 8 levels
- A special new page to generate ... special level pack... who knows :p
- More stuff you guys can propose in the Report page !
```

DestroyerOfDestruction

Re: Megaman Fan Website Opening

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Thu May 06, 2021 4:17 am

I am enjoying how the page looks so far.

I don't use it that much, but I am glad it's back.
Former moderator and beta tester

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Thu May 06, 2021 10:32 am

The website is great, but I would like to suggest that we could follow a creator like we did on the old website.

How many times a level was played, how many gave up and how many beat the level would be good informations.

Meka

Post by Meka » Thu May 06, 2021 11:35 am

Sadly clear informations is not gettable, as for following an user i'll see what i can do ^^

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu May 06, 2021 1:18 pm

This is so AWESOME. :D

Being able to subscribe to my favorite map makers was always something I wanted in the MMM interface.

This website offers so much I think it would be prudent to include a link to the website within MMM itself.

Feature suggestions:

Subscribe to players as well as creators. I understand this would be limited to those who share their player data, but it would be a cool way to see the best of the best of the community (like old school arcade machines with "top score").

Super Mario Maker has a log of players with most levels beat. That would be cool for MMM too to see the most dedicated players in the community. It could encourage friendly competition.

Some players (like myself) might be embarrassed about some of their stats but still want to share some data (like amount of levels beat). Options about what data is shared publicly for specific users would be a good feature for registered profiles. Like checkboxes in menus that allow some data visible, and other bits private (only seen by the owner of the profile).

On level data could we see the top player? The easiest way (probably?) could be based on who finished the level the fastest.

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Thu May 06, 2021 2:05 pm

It would also be nice if we could search for most popular levels, best quality and etc., just like in MMM.

I have a question about the quality and difficulty stats system of a level. If a player plays a level and gives up, but in other day he plays again and beat the level, will the last gameplay replace the previous one?

I agree with Blue Bummer, if we have an option for player see and keep his own statistics privately it would be very good.

Meka

Post by Meka » Fri May 07, 2021 2:42 pm

-------New Stuff-------

https://megamaker.webmeka.io/level-searchAdvanced.php

I opened the Conditional Search page in beta, you guys can test it out and report if you find issue with it;

Be aware that this search is heavy, so atm it's a little slow, i'll try to make it faster but it can take up from ~20sec to minutes for loading depending on the conditions you make. ( More conditions, more loading time )

-------Answers-------

Being able to follow player is on the todo list;

Sharing specific data will be a little complicate i'll see if i can do but no promise here;

Having times & deaths on the level data is also on the todo list, it will be only the player that accepted to record their data of course.

A page for most popular / best quality will maybe be on the list for later even if you can already get it in MMM, i guess it could be nice to have it on the website with the data i show ^^

I can't really answer for the quality/difficulty you would have to see that with Goldstorm or Alex tbh, i'm just taking the data%;

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Fri May 07, 2021 3:12 pm

I really like the conditional Search. Thanks a lot.

I ask for search for popular levels and best quality on the website because since I make MMM videos, looking inside the levels in the website allows me to know quickly if it is structurally interesting. I believe that this would be useful for those who just want to play casually as well.

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Sun May 09, 2021 3:03 am

I REALLY appreciate your hard work good sir! :D

Not sure how I check for levels I have completed/beaten,/WR on or whatever (like the old one), but it's looking pretty great! I like the side bar navigation, and how we don't need to create another account for the website. Using our MM Maker user accounts is pretty neat!:)
Just a few buds hangin' out

Game Fever Online

Post by Game Fever Online » Mon May 10, 2021 4:07 am

This new reworked page is just EPIC! The ability to see the exact difficulty level of a level actually blowed my mind. I'm exited to see what new stuff gets added, keep on the great work! ;)
8-)

Meka

Post by Meka » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:56 am

As some of you may have noticed, i added the times back in levels page ^^
Also added a little Leaderboard page for now; nothing crazy tho.

Also added 2 options on the website in your profile;
- You can now see your stars and upload your settings files to get all your stars on the website
- You can now hide deleted levels if they bother you :p

Those two options are activable in your profile;
Stars will appears in any table data on the website;

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:19 pm

Really enjoying this new level of interactivity in MMM via the fan website!!! :D
Meka wrote:As some of you may have noticed, i added the times back in levels page ^^
This is great for feedback! I really like seeing how long it takes for people to beat my levels, and it adds a sense of competitiveness for users in a level. 😍 Excellent!!! 👍
Also added a little Leaderboard page for now; nothing crazy tho.
Was looking at that and trying to figure it out.

Leaderboard page looks like it follows according to Level ID and adds the latest data (time) of users beating levels. 🤔

Any way it could be set in order by Players which has the most levels beat? And then descending from there? Users with the same count of levels beat could then be ordered by name alphabetically or User ID #.

If the list is done by levels beat (and then name or ID #) it'd function better as a leaderboard, like the way leaderboards normally work. Be awesome to see the hardest working/biggest MMM players.

Overall this is still very very awesome.👏