Soundtracks for 1.8?

General discussion of Mega Man Maker

Which Classic Mega Man themed game-soundtracks do you hope/expect to see for patch 1.8?

Mega Man Battle and Chase
5%
Mega Man Powered Up
11%
Mega Man Title Themes (edited)
8%
Mega Man II (Gameboy)
11%
Mega Man V (Gameboy)
22%
Mega Man & Bass series
22%
Mega Man Soccer
8%
Mega Man Rushmarine
No votes
Mega Man Dos
8%
None of the above
5%

Total votes: 37

Blue_Bummer

Soundtracks for 1.8?

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:33 pm

This isn't a thread begging for 1.8. This is a thread discussing it's development.

In 1.7 the Soundtrack Devs surprised us with the tracks from MM:The Wily Wars, plus a bonus track from Mega Man Battle & Chase (Secret Roll theme)(!).

With the recent listing by Luigi calling for a soundtrack artist, I couldn't help but wonder which soundtrack set could be picked next for 1.8. 🤔 Seeings how Roll's theme shows that any classic themed Mega Man game is fair game that opens up alot of possibilities.

Currently we have no idea what patch 1.8's focus will be. I personally am guessing they will continue to add content from Mega Man's one through eleven because there is still a ton of content available to adapt to MMM. If this is true then the soundtrack Devs may not do soundtracks from GB MMs or MM&B games and instead save them for later.

Which soundtracks do you think will be done for 1.8, or which do you hope to see? Pick two.

Blue_Bummer

Re: Soundtracks for 1.8?

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:02 pm

Note this thread is about soundtracks specifically.

Several people are voting in on MM&B and GB MMV, is this because people want those soundtracks or they are hoping the Devs move on to those games for 1.8? 🤔 I personally doubt we'll see content from those games in 1.8 (including soundtracks, but honestly I could be wrong).

I would think since there are so many soundtracks from other games the Devs might save MM&B and MM GB soundtracks for whenever those games are featured in a patch.

There are even more classic themed Mega Man games than I listed that the Devs can pull soundtracks from. So there's a ton of music available to be translated to 8-bit style.

Mega Man Soccer Soundtracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN9v-nW ... I0O3nq93zV

Mega Man Battle and Chase Soundtracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak1K0Jg ... l5&index=1

If the Rush Marine utility was ever added it would be fitting to have soundtracks that were created for the Mega Man:Rush Marine mobile game. Trailer and theme sound tracks.

Mega Man Powered Up Bonus tracks and extras

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUKRX8R ... u&index=38

RockMan Strategy Soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghTemRV ... 3D1C3B1C89

Wily and Right's Rockboard:That's Paradise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U05Sv7M ... 4o&index=1

TONS of great soundtracks. The list is far more exhaustive and abundant than most realize.

Considering that 1.7 introduced a soundtrack from a classic themed Mega Man game that was not part of the main series, the new standard for soundtracks is any of these are possible.

AntiPiracyScreensAreStupid

Post by AntiPiracyScreensAreStupid » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:37 pm

I'm honestly wondering why Mega Man DOS is in the list. Cause in the original games its just silence.
My idea is to compose new, original tracks for the DOS levels in Mega Man Maker.
Why is it called an oven when you of in the cold food of out hot eat the food.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:40 pm

AntiPiracyScreensAreStupid wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:37 pm
I'm honestly wondering why Mega Man DOS is in the list. Cause in the original games its just silence.
I added it as an intended joke. :P
Last edited by Blue_Bummer on Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AntiPiracyScreensAreStupid

Post by AntiPiracyScreensAreStupid » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:43 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:40 pm
My idea is to compose new, original tracks for the DOS levels in Mega Man Maker.
I added it as an intended joke. :P
ah, I see. Although I would really like new original Robot Master and Wily Stage music tracks in the game, maybe the whole DOS thing in Mega Man Maker could be reimagined, like the tilesets and backgrounds, but that's another story.
Why is it called an oven when you of in the cold food of out hot eat the food.

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:24 pm

If developers continue to focus on 1 to 11, we really will have more PU and Battle and Chase music. There is a big possibility that they will continue to add content 1 to 11 to balance the amount of bosses in MM3, MM4, MM5, MM8, MM11.
And I agree that there is still a lot of things in the original games that can be brought into MMM.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:41 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:If developers continue to focus on 1 to 11, we really will have more PU and Battle and Chase music. There is a big possibility that they will continue to add content 1 to 11 to balance the amount of bosses in MM3, MM4, MM5, MM8, MM11.
And I agree that there is still a lot of things in the original games that can be brought into MMM.
Absolutely! Here are some excerpts from soundtracks available from other classic Mega Man games.

My two favorite tracks from Mega Man Soccer

NeedleMan theme

Dr. Wily Theme

My two favorite tracks from Mega Man Battle and Chase

Over the Top (Rockman theme)

Duel

My two favorite tracks from Wily and Right's Rockboard:That's Paradise Great thing about these is they are already 8bit NES chiptune tracks.

Cold Island

Mode select (being a bit short perhaps this could be edited into an extended version)

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:01 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:41 pm
Neo Cutman wrote:If developers continue to focus on 1 to 11, we really will have more PU and Battle and Chase music. There is a big possibility that they will continue to add content 1 to 11 to balance the amount of bosses in MM3, MM4, MM5, MM8, MM11.
Absolutely! Here are some excerpts from soundtracks available from other classic Mega Man games.

My two favorite tracks from Mega Man Soccer

NeedleMan theme

Dr. Wily Theme

My two favorite tracks from Mega Man Battle and Chase

Over the Top (Rockman theme)

Duel

My two favorite tracks from Wily and Right's Rockboard:That's Paradise Great thing about these is they are already 8bit NES chiptune tracks.

Cold Island

Mode select (being a bit short perhaps this could be edited into an extended version)
Good choices. I think we can consider MMX musics a possibility.

Casual Builder

Post by Casual Builder » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:55 am

It's been already done by Kackebango. Those tracks can be heard in MM8BDM fan expansion DOS Reborn made by Magnet Dood and his team.
From what I can tell, these are fantastic options for representing DOS content.
Casual Builder's gotta casual, yo. 8-)

LJ2007@

Post by LJ2007@ » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:32 pm

My idea for this is that they be music from games other than MegaMan, if in MMM there are weapons that are not from any MegaMan game, why not? This can also happen with music, these are the ones I would like to see in MMM:
Beach theme: https: //www.youtube.com/watch? V = rBNxR7niIl0
Underwater theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvXvmrzRb0w
Corneria: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzbjS3MwKJg&t=0s

This would be very useful since for example in MMM there are no beach or airship themes.
After a while away from MM, I think it's time to go back

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:55 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:01 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
*Misc Music tracks from classic themed Mega Man games*
Considering MMX games content is on the deconfirmed list, what causes you to believe they may change their mind? 🤔

Even though "Kaze yo Tsutaete" track is the first track that isn't from an standard Mega Man title, it still comes from a "Classic" themed Mega Man game... Meaning it's still in the universe of the original Mega Man and it's characters.
Casual Builder wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:55 am

It's been already done by Kackebango. Those tracks can be heard in MM8BDM fan expansion DOS Reborn made by Magnet Dood and his team.
From what I can tell, these are fantastic options for representing DOS content.
Since those tracks are done by a different team of independent creators I think that lessens the chances of seeing them in MMM. 🤔

The MMM team have yet to use any content from external fan games other than MaGMML. Would ❤️ to see that someday though. Ah, MM fan game universe content in MMM. 😍

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:27 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:55 pm
Neo Cutman wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:01 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
*Misc Music tracks from classic themed Mega Man games*
Considering MMX games content is on the deconfirmed list, what causes you to believe they may change their mind? 🤔

Even though "Kaze yo Tsutaete" track is the first track that isn't from an standard Mega Man title, it still comes from a "Classic" themed Mega Man game... Meaning it's still in the universe of the original Mega Man and it's characters.

Yeah you're right, the music additions haven't been scaled up to the entire megaman universe.

Basty

Post by Basty » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:17 pm

But MS dos megaman didn't have a soundtrack?
You want mute ost? O_o

DestroyerOfDestruction

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:17 am

Basty wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:17 pm
You want mute ost? O_o
I think people mean either original songs for the DOS stages or existing fan-made songs for them.
Former moderator and beta tester

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:45 pm

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:17 am
Basty wrote:
You want mute ost? O_o
I think people mean either original songs for the DOS stages or existing fan-made songs for them.
Which I was unaware of. My whole point of including Mega Man Dos in the list was for a joke. :P

With a fan made soundtrack for Dos that's probably what people are voting for, which is highly unlikely. :|

Basty

Post by Basty » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:33 pm

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:17 am
Basty wrote:
You want mute ost? O_o
But there weren't any original songs.
There literally were just PC beeper noises for jumping and shooting. O_o

DestroyerOfDestruction

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:51 am

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:45 pm
Which I was unaware of. My whole point of including Mega Man Dos in the list was for a joke. :P

With a fan made soundtrack for Dos that's probably what people are voting for, which is highly unlikely. :|
I don't know if the team is up to recreating it given that the recreations for Mega Man 9 and 10 received flack for inaccuracies.
Basty wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:33 pm
But there weren't any original songs.
There literally were just PC beeper noises for jumping and shooting. O_o
With original songs I mean the musicians creating the themes from scratch.
Former moderator and beta tester

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:12 pm

I was wanting this poll to be all about the soundtracks but I think I might have butchered it by choosing poor wording. :?

By asking "What soundtracks people were hoping for in patch 1.8" might have people voting in favor of MM&B and GB soundtracks to reflect their hopes of the Devs moving to those games next patch.

Well, one things for sure, whatever soundtracks come our way it's a win/win situation. There's certainly plenty of new soundtracks to potentially look forward to from Classic Mega Man themed games if patch 1.8 continues to follow the example set by the "Kaze yo Tsutaete" track. 8-)