Playable Roll Mod Thread

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
Objectionable
Discord: Objectionable#0001

Playable Roll Mod Thread

Post by Objectionable » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:40 am

This mod was made by me, Objectionable, in collaboration with Bush Bacon, who provided most of the custom sprites needed to make this. HUGE thanks to him, this wouldn't have been possible without his help. To go a bit more into detail about what this mod actually is, this mod replaces Bass and almost all of his in-game assets and sprites with that of Roll's, the only exceptions being that Roll does not currently have any animations for swinging on a pole with Thunder Claw, using Flame Sword, or winning a stage while in any state other than being on the ground. Entering any of these states doesn't crash the game or anything, she just switches back to using Bass' sprites momentarily. This was done due to a lack of time, so please understand.

Without further ado, here's the download link!:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 5/data.win

TO INSTALL: Right click the Mega Man Maker icon on your desktop, then click "Open file location". From there, replace the data.win file with the one you got from the above download link, and you should be good to go!

DSN001

Re: Playable Roll Mod Thread

Post by DSN001 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:38 pm

Not Roll but you would use Rokko Chan or Doropie from The Krion Conquest. Roll is a fighting robot in cartoon (NT Warrior), but still less powerful. Also she cannot move as Bass moves I think. there is different attack for Roll in MM2.5D and I liked it but none of original 10 games used her as player. We are generally used to see her in shopping scenes or endings. on the other hand, this doesn't mean she will always be in background. I also think rush would be good if he become a playable character, too.
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!!!
FIGHT FOR EVERLASTING PEACE!

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:35 am

DSN001 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:38 pm
Not Roll but you would use Rokko Chan or Doropie from The Krion Conquest. Roll is a fighting robot in cartoon (NT Warrior), but still less powerful. Also she cannot move as Bass moves I think. there is different attack for Roll in MM2.5D and I liked it but none of original 10 games used her as player. We are generally used to see her in shopping scenes or endings. on the other hand, this doesn't mean she will always be in background. I also think rush would be good if he become a playable character, too.
You can no longer say the same since Mega man Rock and Roll arrived. By the way, you will add the T.claw sprite in 1.6, right? I bump the thread for a good cause.

CommanderShramp

Post by CommanderShramp » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:58 pm

DSN001 wrote:

I honestly do think it would be kinda hilarious if Rokko Chan made an appearance.
For the love of Talos, let's get this over with.

DoctorLumen

Post by DoctorLumen » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:36 pm

CommanderShramp wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:58 pm
DSN001 wrote:

I honestly do think it would be kinda hilarious if Rokko Chan made an appearance.
I do too. It would be fun.