1.6 is taking really long

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: 1.6 is taking really long

Post by Royalguard » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:18 pm

Sphyria wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:25 am
The reason why WP gets a free pass is because this is a free game and devs are not being paid, because they are not professionals. They can do whatever they want, they have no obligation towards anyone. Like it or not, this is how it works.
Well said. The devs don't owe anyone anything, and we should be grateful for what they have already given us, for free no less. They don't deserve the constant complaints, pestering, and harassment that they revieve.

If one where investing money into a product, and its development process was flawed and/or the final product didn't meet expectations, I would understand the frustration, as they would be not getting a return on their investment.

However, with a free game project like Mega Man Maker, there is literally no costs or consequences for interacting with the product, so I personally don't feel that people complaining is justified.

WitherSnow wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:04 am
Royalguard wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:21 pm
These types of topics are so constant, that they are getting irritating in their repetitiveness. I swear, I can list off several variants off the top of my head that I see regularly.

* "When will (Insert Update Here) release?"
* "Why is (Insert Update Here) taking so long?"
* "How long until the next news announcement for (Insert Update Here)?"
* "I think (Insert Theory Here) is why (Insert Update Here) is taking so long."
* "I think (Insert Date Or Event Here) is when (Insert Update Here) is going to release."

I could have sworn this forum once had a pinned Updates Discussion Megathread specifically so that people would stop making these types of redundant topics, and the rare few that got through would have a place to be merged to. What ever happened to it?
I had decided to count on my fingers the number of times your posts annoyed the crap out of me.
I'm beginning to run out of fingers...
Understandable.

I'm well aware I can be blunt, stubborn, and pessimistic at times. I'm not a terribly emotional person as I find emotions inhibit optimal efficiency, as such I'm admittedly not great at socializing with "emotional" people, who usually find me rude, even if its not necessarily my intention to be so. My perfectionist personality comes with its ups and downs for sure.

I admit I have my flaws, just like every other person does.

WitherSnow wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:04 am
Who the actual fuck uses X D in 2020?
The Pokemon community, specifically when referring to the game "Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness". :lol:

Sphyria

Post by Sphyria » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:57 pm

Well said. The devs don't owe anyone anything, and we should be grateful for what they have already given us, for free no less. They don't deserve the constant complaints, pestering, and harassment that they revieve.
Kids... Kids everywhere... :o

My feedbacks only reflect my personal point of view. Also, as english is not my native tongue, sorry if I express myself weirdly.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigDestroyer#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:52 pm

One reason the developers are wary of announcing features is because they might be misinterpreted as meaning that the update is taking more or less than it actually is. It would attract false expectations and misconceptions that would spread through the fanbase.
You may inform me about problems in the MMM platforms. I also make artwork, music and reviews.

Sphyria

Post by Sphyria » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:54 pm

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:52 pm
One reason the developers are wary of announcing features is because they might be misinterpreted as meaning that the update is taking more or less than it actually is. It would attract false expectations and misconceptions that would spread through the fanbase.
Kids... Kids everywhere... :o

My feedbacks only reflect my personal point of view. Also, as english is not my native tongue, sorry if I express myself weirdly.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:24 am

That is something totally ridiculous. Fans do not believe that the update is too close or too far from an ad, otherwise, the ads motivate us to keep waiting for that day to come and give us more patience. If Wrecking told you that, I would surely be telling you excuses to distract us from frustration.

Sphyria

Post by Sphyria » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:37 am

14Protoman wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:24 am
That is something totally ridiculous. Fans do not believe that the update is too close or too far from an ad, otherwise, the ads motivate us to keep waiting for that day to come and give us more patience. If Wrecking told you that, I would surely be telling you excuses to distract us from frustration.
I more or less agree with this point.

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:18 pm

If the developers will not going to release 1.6 in the next few days I would be happy with an announcement of a simple enemy and a new tile and bg.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:18 pm
If the developers will not going to release 1.6 in the next few days I would be happy with an announcement of a simple enemy and a new tile and bg.
Same. I just really enjoy progress blurbs. It's fun watching the game grow and ways it can be used. :)

DestroyerOfDestruction

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:41 pm

The real reason of the development hell is that WreckingPrograms has been also working as the tools programmer of indie game 30XX. He told us global moderators last Saturday, but he put that information under a news embargo until he revealed the game.
You may inform me about problems in the MMM platforms. I also make artwork, music and reviews.

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:51 pm

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:41 pm
The real reason of the development hell is that WreckingPrograms has been also working as the tools programmer of indie game 30XX. He told us global moderators last Saturday, but he put that information under a news embargo until he revealed the game.
Wow important post right here

This is the second time Wreckings absense has slowed an update down. I'm going to give some advice here. Dont be that relient on your best guy. If he goes away, keep going and show how good you can be
Uranus is back bois

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

Zararthur

Post by Zararthur » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:56 pm

As a lurker, I saw all of those people either angry, sad, frustrated of whatever and just thought to myself: There could be N reasons why things were taking so long: Maybe it was life, maybe new opportunities, maybe some accident (didn't something similar happened b4 1.5 as well?), burnout, jobs? It could be anything outside anyone's control.

Thankfully it wasn't something bad happening to them. And you know what? That 30XX looks pretty neat.
Definitively worth it
=============
Don't just have an idea... have all of them

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:14 pm

Uranus wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:51 pm
Wow important post right here

This is the second time Wreckings absense has slowed an update down. I'm going to give some advice here. Dont be that relient on your best guy. If he goes away, keep going and show how good you can be
I believe when Wrecking was inactive during 1.5 (due to his illness) the rest of the team continued to do what they do. When Wrecking recovered and returned he then finalized whatever the team had been working on.

So when the news floated that 1.6 would be "the biggest patch ever, make all others look sad" it could be that everyone else on team has been building onward while Wrecking was again sidetracked this time trying to make a living; no fault there, we all have bills to pay.

So hopefully Wrecking will have enough spare time now to do his thing and bring all the content to fruition for an epic patch 1.6. :)

DestroyerOfDestruction

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:53 pm

Make no mistake. The game's update is still in development. There are two more programmers besides Wrecking: Luigi and SnoruntPyro.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:05 pm

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:53 pm
Make no mistake. The game's update is still in development. There are two more programmers besides Wrecking: Luigi and SnoruntPyro.
Very true, and I'm thankful for them as I am for all the rest of the MMM Dev team.

Considering Wrecking is project leader for MMM I would presume that nothing gets added to the game without his approval. This is my reasoning behind my previous statement of "Wrecking bringing 1.6 to fruition," meaning him greenlighting the last steps necessary to bring 1.6 to completion (be it by his programming or his approval).

If any of the other Dev team members are reading this... Thank you all.. I haven't forgotten this is a team effort. :)

Proto Man V
Discord: DWN-016 Wood Man#6668

Re: 1.6 took really long

Post by Proto Man V » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:34 pm

Now we can use past tense!

1.6 took really long

well maybe not yet but soon
Finally...

DETERMINATION.

I may or may not have overexaggerated my hype a bit in a recent forum post

also working on a mod that has yet to be announced