A way to add Gemini man to the game

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
boltgreywing

A way to add Gemini man to the game

Post by boltgreywing » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:53 pm

I have been looking at Gemini man and he has a very interesting pattern. His first form does a loop similar to that feature behaved by bosses from megaman 1 wily stage 3, kind of similiar to the wily alien fight from Megaman 2, Mothra from Megaman 4 and Cockroach battle from the same game.

Now when I look at these bosses and their similarity I can see something familiar. It is possible to add Gemini man to the game but his ai would need tweaks. He need to adjust his spacing based on how low the ceiling is, second he need some way to climb up changes in terrain while running.

Their are two bosses that are capable of adjusting to changing terrain and that is the wily crab and the twin cock roaches. The way they move their feet you can easily tell they would be able to easily adjust to the change in terrain. Their foot would be more elevated on one end and lower on the other. Now what does that mean, it means the phase one behavior of gemini man is theoretically possible to be used.

So when gemini man steps to a block that is elevated one of his feet would be higher then the other, there by taking advantage of the wily crab ai and twin cockroaches movement patterns for dealing with uneven terrain like this. In fact you could also remove the ceiling as well and he would behave normal except for the change in his foot pattern when going up a block or two. In open terrain with no cealing Gemini man is quite a versatile opponent. Adding the jumping pattern of shadow man and slide would make his boss battle even more interesting.

So before he can be added twin cockroaches and the wily crab would need to be added into the game first. Learning how to get them working well will certainly be interesting.

Then again we have to remember there are three non jumping robots already in the game and they are iceman, train man, and topman. By definition these would be the worst bosses to adjust to terrain yet the players have made the levels behave around them and yes trainman will collide with elevated terrain and get stuck, same with topman. I know you might say well iceman jumps, he actually doesn't. He slides up and down, that is all he does plus move forward.

Blue_Bummer

Re: A way to add Gemini man to the game

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:48 pm

boltgreywing wrote:Then again we have to remember there are three non jumping robots already in the game and they are iceman, train man, and topman. By definition these would be the worst bosses to adjust to terrain yet the players have made the levels behave around them and yes trainman will collide with elevated terrain and get stuck, same with topman. I know you might say well iceman jumps, he actually doesn't. He slides up and down, that is all he does plus move forward.
Another factor to consider is the projectiles of a given boss enemy. That is if the boss enemy is blocked in can they still attack the player?

The answer for IceMan ChargeMan and TopMan is unanimously yes, every one of them has projectiles that pass through tiles and can strike the player for damage.

Although it's probably the most contributing factor to the decision to include a given boss, It's not exclusively whether or not a boss can navigate uneven terrain.

The big picture is can a boss be effective in a extreme number of custom environments.

jesterrescue

Post by jesterrescue » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:15 pm

Just my opinion, I personally would be okay with Geminis alternate weapon being.. shooting a normal enemy sprite object that jumps like him, alternate weapon is fired if player within the "sweet spot". Upon fire, Clone Gemini Normal Enemy and the Real boss split in random opposing directions and do their "thing". If the clone drifts too far away from real boss, make him dissappear and make geminis alt weapon available for fire again, for next time player enters "sweet spot" again.

This does mean potentially no shared health. The clone, will be a fake your shooting at and killing. Easy to identify when you notice he isn't shooting at you but boss is.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:52 pm

boltgreywing wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:53 pm

Then again we have to remember there are three non jumping robots already in the game and they are iceman, train man, and topman. By definition these would be the worst bosses to adjust to terrain yet the players have made the levels behave around them and yes trainman will collide with elevated terrain and get stuck, same with topman. I know you might say well iceman jumps, he actually doesn't. He slides up and down, that is all he does plus move forward.
Excuse me, but Is Charge Man, not Train Man.

boltgreywing

Post by boltgreywing » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:24 am

14Protoman wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:52 pm
boltgreywing wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:53 pm

Excuse me, but Is Charge Man, not Train Man.
He still looks like an actual train that is why I call him train man, charge man would be charging chucks from super Mario world.