Blue_Bummer

Re: Probability Game: Special Weapons

Post by Blue_Bummer » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:26 am

SMAAASH!!! Puppy wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:07 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:51 pm
Bold added for emphasis.

I still think that's on the maker putting the player in that position. If a player can destroy a platform necessary to move forward, why did the maker put that there so the player could break the level?

A good maker will ensure the level is designed that it will work, regardless of what a player does.

Imagine if Capcom made all Mega Man games this way, and blamed the players for "not playing the game right." :P
Which is why allowing the player to set the Guts Blocks down and use them as a platform would be a bad idea, as the correct usage of this function would be to not use it because it allows soft locks regardless of what you try to do with it.
Yeah I never suggested using Gutsblocks like that.

I proposed the Push Blocks to be used like that. If dropped they can be picked up again.

SMAAASH!!! Puppy

Post by SMAAASH!!! Puppy » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:37 am

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:26 am
Yeah I never suggested using Gutsblocks like that.

I proposed the Push Blocks to be used like that. If dropped they can be picked up again.
There was a miscommunication here. Your suggestion of Push Blocks wasn't in direct response to my post (so I didn't read it), which was referring to Guts Blocks. In later posts, you overlooked my advocation of Push Blocks as platforms.

It seems like in reality we had the very similar ideas.

6bee

Post by 6bee » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:08 pm

Plug Ball is more of a rapid fire weapon. I don't see why Scramble Thunder would make it useless. The fact that it doesn't stop you when attacking makes it better when facing a group of enemies that likes to keep pressure. If I were to face two or more Squidons for example, the Plug Ball would break through their ice blocks quickly and rapidly damage the enemy, whereas Scramble Thunder would take more time to break through and leave you vulnerable to whatever attack you weren't focusing on.

There's also the fact that it is strong but has an obvious weakness that can be designed around to make its use more interesting. If it were to be used as a levels' main weapon then flying enemies would be much more of threat and would have much more presence in encounters where they're paired with grounded enemies.