Which enemies of each game do you want in next updates??

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
14Protoman

What weapons of each game do you want in the future

Post by 14Protoman » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:26 pm

As with the bosses, which I published in the previous thread, but with weapons and obviously why.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigMaster#4335

Re: What weapons of each game do you want in the future

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:50 am

• Super Arm
  • Bubble Lead
  • Gyro Attack
  • Junk Shield
  • Thunder Bolt
  • Freeze Cracker
  • Slash Claw
  • Scorch Wheel
  • Water Balloon
  • Homing Sniper
  • Astro Crush
  • Plug Ball
  • Tundra Storm
  • Ice Wall
  • Remote Mine
  • Wave Burner
  • Lightning Bolt
  • Carry
  • Sakugarne
  • Grab Buster
  • Bubble Bomb
  • Salt Water
  • Break Dash
  • Spark Chaser
Crossing a dangerous river

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:47 am

While naturally we all want every weapon from every game I'm just going to stick with what I think is most possible... That is I'm going to abbreviate my desired/hoped list to only...

• My most wanted weapons..
    • The most gameplay changing weapons...
      • The most original (meaning different from other) weapons...

MM7
      *Freeze Cracker = Multi-directional with main projectile scattering into a multi-shot on surface impact, hopefully when added will be able to freeze select level objects.
      *Junk Shield = The original piece by piece breaking shield. Damages enemies when summoned and assembling, unique 3 projectile attack when fired.
      *Thunder Bolt = Unique vertical split shot upon impact of enemies.

*Scorch Wheel = Only interested if buffed by Developers or if level objects are added to interact with it. As is from MM7 (no level object interactivity) it's a poor man's shield variant with ground crawling ability. Yawn.

MM8
      *Ice Wave = Only ground crawler that can ascend and descend walls with a multi-hit capability by passing through multiple enemies in a single pass. An original floor crawler variant.

MM10
      *Rebound Striker = Original from other "ball" weapons as it adds damage + speed with every bounce and bounces (not deflects) off shielded enemies to continue it's attack.
      *Triple Blade = Unique somewhat-aimable triple shot that fires at either an up or down angle that also passes through tiles.

*Chill Spike = Needs a Dev buff for me personally. Otherwise it's passable.

MM11
      *Chain Blast = Create a wall of flying bombs and then either let them stick to enemies or surfaces. Can be detonated later or as soon as you throw them. Unique and fun.
      *Acid Barrier = Unique behaving shield variant.

Now entering territory currently untouched by the Devs. These are weapons I hope for the most from these titles.

Mega Man & Bass

*Ice Wall = #1 from this game. Can be used as a shield, can be pushed into enemies, can jump on it and ride it after pushing it, it can float on water and be used as a platform.. Extremely versatile weapon that functions as utility as well.
      *Spread Drill = Original behaving projectile that can be split twice into as many as 4 projectiles. Unique.
      *Magic Card = Somewhat original item grabbing weapon that can be fired left, right and up. Since we already have Ring Boomerang grabbing items I think the Devs should add the ability of Magic Man to steal health with this weapon to give it originality.
      *Remote Mine = Can be guided like Commando Bomb, but uniquely from CB is that Remote mine can stick to enemies and walls and be detonated at any time. These unique traits allow for potential creative map making designs.

GB Mega Man V

*Spark Chaser = Changes direction and homes in on enemies for multiple hits. It's unique offensive traits differentiate it from Hornet Chaser and makes it my #1 most wanted weapon from this game.
      *Bubble Bomb = An above head and ceiling crawler weapon. Unique in it's weaving pattern giving great coverage directly above.
      *Salt Water = A weapon with the potential to hit multiple enemies with a single shot. Unique attack pattern.
      *Break Dash = A dash weapon that allows you to also use your buster shots. This combination opens up interesting gameplay opportunities.

At one time I wanted Grab Buster, but if the Devs added the "Steal energy ability" to Magic Card from MM & B then they could discard Grab Buster for a different weapon.

So that's 16 weapons on my "Must Have" list. :) With a few others sorta kinda depending on Dev decisions.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:09 am

MM2 - Bubble Lead
Could probably revise it by having bubbles it run along the ground when outside water, and having bounce on the ground when inside water.

MM3 - Rush Marine
With the introduction of water skins, and another liquid type with Chemical Solution, I'd really love this utility to make some interesting submerged levels.

MM4 - Wire
Even if it has absolutely no changes from the source material, I'd still be okay with it.

MM7 - Rush Search
Half serious, half joke. It could be potentially useful even if it is a gamble. Imagine the reference and meme potential with new junk items created by the developers.

MM7 - Proto Shield
Maybe revise it to function like MM9/MM10 Proto Shield. Probably be best to make this Mega Man exclusive, as it would be redundant on Proto Man, and might not make sense lore wise on Bass.

MM:DWR (GB) - Carry
Underrated utility. Its treated as a solid object so enemies can't move through it from the side. Also spawns below you when used in the air, making a great safety net.

MMII (GB) - Sakugarne
Other than MMV, this is the only other GB game to not have a weapon in Mega Man Maker.

MMV (GB) - Mega Arm
The replacement for the Mega Buster in MMV, surprised it doesn't get more attention.

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:13 am

- YES! MM4 Wire is one I want desperately. And Carry was one I totally forgot about!! That one would be sweet also! And the Rush Marine is a no-brainer :lol: ! Hope the devs take a serious look at these suggestions!

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:45 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:09 am

MM3 - Rush Marine
With the introduction of water skins, and another liquid type with Chemical Solution, I'd really love this utility to make some interesting submerged levels.

MM4 - Wire
Even if it has absolutely no changes from the source material, I'd still be okay with it.

MM:DWR (GB) - Carry
Underrated utility. Its treated as a solid object so enemies can't move through it from the side. Also spawns below you when used in the air, making a great safety net.
You're posting utilities, no fair, I didn't know we could post utilities too. :P

These are all potential game changers as well.

Though it's no secret I would like to see the MM4 Wire in a buffed form I'd be satisfied just to see it allowed to function horizontally the same way it does vertically.

Nigel Chinclucker

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:59 pm

Super Arm
Bubble Lead
Junk Shield
Homing Sniper
Ice Wave
Plug Ball
Triple Blade
Blazing Torch
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:35 pm

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:50 am
  • Gyro Attack
  • Slash Claw
  • Wave Burner
  • Grab Buster
Wouldn't mind seeing these as well, especially Gyro Attack, that was my favourite weapon in MM5.

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:54 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:35 pm
Wouldn't mind seeing these as well, especially Gyro Attack, that was my favourite weapon in MM5.
Do you think Gyro Attack should be able to be moved diagonally? If it's left as is, Commando Bomb overshadows it, due to infinite direction changes and higher damage. Although, Gyro uses less energy and can pass through walls.

I know one MM5 rom hack that does make this change to the weapon (it might have been Install Metal).

List of Weapon Analyses I made: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10244

Friend Code: SW-0335-5373-4233

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:02 pm

D-Man wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:54 pm
Royalguard wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:35 pm
Do you think Gyro Attack should be able to be moved diagonally? If it's left as is, Commando Bomb overshadows it, due to infinite direction changes and higher damage. Although, Gyro uses less energy and can pass through walls.

I know one MM5 rom hack that does make this change to the weapon (it might have been Install Metal).
Like one maker said, sometimes it's what a weapon doesn't do that gives it originality, for the sake of map design.

Though the Gyro being able to pass through tiles is a huge benefit CB doesn't have (along with less energy consumption).

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:42 pm

This post contains more than just weapons.

MELEE
Deep Digger & Super Arm - These are both common requests. I have seen several good suggestions for modifications to make them more practical so I won't go into that here, but some super strength weapons would be warmly welcomed.
Slash Claw - The basic sword/punch for anyone making a fighter or fantasy level.
Tengu Blade - The master sword for those same levels.
Yamato Spear - This is a ranged weapon but it would also service fantasy levels by providing a bow & arrow weapon with no frills.
Break Dash - Rounds out the melee attacks with interesting applications of its own.

RUSH UTILITIES
Rush Marine/Rush Space - Another common request that needs no explanation.
Rush Bike - Who doesn't want to ride a motorcycle? Along with Marine/Space, this would spawn a whole subgenre of vehicle sections/stages.
Rush Search - I think this utility is very underrated, it would offer so much for puzzle, RPG, sandbox, and many more stage genres, especially if things like keys could be buried.
Rush Bomber - Air support, baby! For people making shoot 'em ups or other combat games.

OTHER TRICKS
Wire - Another highly requested item. Solving the issues with its original version are a must, but I would love it if this could be made to fire horizontally as well.
Bubble Lead - It would still cling to walls and floors and reveal hidden pitfalls. I think being able to ride the bubble (including down walls) would be a nice addition.
Time Stopper - Functions as the original while also being able to toggle it on and off by pressing the attack key.
Centaur Flash - Instead of blinking away the screen, I propose the Centaur Flash should rewind time by resetting the current screen(s) to their initial conditions: all enemies are returned to the tile they were placed, spawned enemies and things like force beams are erased, and timers are reset.
Copy Vision - This is an interesting weapon in general with lots of possibility for things like puzzle levels.
Grab Buster - Another unique weapon with its life recovery function that would open up levels and styles of its own. I do NOT support merging this weapon with another (like the Magic Card). Sometimes weapons doing too many things is just as the inverse.
Magic Card - An alternative to Ring Boomerang that can still snatch dropped items: long and wide range but weak projectiles.
Sakugarne - Who doesn't want to ride a jackhammer around? I think this should be another thing that interacts with cracked blocks, as well the blocks for the Super Arm/Deep Digger.

GAME FEATURES
Manual Tiling - Duh.
Target Man - This would be a healthbar and a hitbox. It lacks any form of weapon or attack (I imagine impacting the player would still do damage though) but features four selectable movement patterns: stationary, vertical, horizontal, and roving. Stationary would keep it in place, vertical would move it strictly up and down on whatever file it was set upon, and horizontal back and forth along whatever rank it was set. Roving would move it at a 45 degree angle with impact change direction along an axis.
Multi-party Balls - You need to pop each ball to trigger a victory condition. These, along with Target Man, would make the construction of Wiley Machines and other alternate victory conditions.
Map Screen - A map that can be accessed thru the pause screen. The map itself would be drawn from the stage editor map with additional features and constraints that could be specified by the levelmakers. Areas displayed would be color-coded between explored and unexplored territory, with additional color-coding/icons to show where things like save points, boss arenas, and other such areas are located. Areas could be made to display a local map (rather than the whole world map) or sections of the stage could be hidden on the map screen itself.
Map Item - This would unlock the map feature for players during the course of the stage. Perhaps multiple maps could be collected, say if an area is disconnected from others or some other regulation.
Ability/Ability Remover Capsules - Things like slide or double damage would be toggled on/off by these capsules. Additionally, things like the special Busters and other alterations from later Mega Man games (like the laser or arrow) could be tied to these items.
Music Changer - The purely aesthetic feature that would be neat for Castletroid stages and little else that apparently is as necessary as air and water for the happiness of some, so why not give it to them?

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:39 pm

AppendixOfTheCards wrote:Grab Buster - ... I do NOT support merging this weapon with another (like the Magic Card).
I wasn't suggesting merging it with Magic Card, but rather giving Magic Card an ability native to it's Robot Master Magic Man.

My reasoning is this... The Devs have yet to include a full roster of weapons from any one specific Mega Man game, some coming shy of just one weapon. It looks intentional, therefore if we are limited to choices I suggested the above to save a weapon slot.
Sakugarne - ... I think this should be another thing that interacts with cracked blocks
I was indifferent to Sakugarne until I read this. This would be great.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:04 am

I want:
Super arm;
Bubble lead;
Spark shock;
Gyro attack;
Centaur flash;
Scorch wheel;
Thunder Bolt;
Water balloon:
Ice wave;
Chill spike;
Solar blaze;
Chain blast.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:01 pm

After multiple mentions bringing it to my attention, I hope the Devs retroactively consider MM5's Gyro Attack.

Magnet Missile shares some traits with it so it's not at the highest priority on my list of hopeful weapons, but as one maker said, sometimes things a weapon doesn't do offers new design opportunities and potential challenges for players.

Being that the player can decide when Gyro Attack flies vertically through tiles offers alot of great prospects in map design. This is probably it's greatest strength against other MM weapons.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigMaster#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:44 pm

For me, Gyro Attack should be very similar to the original. The weapon is fine as it is and it is very hard to change it without making a different weapon altogether. It has the advantage of passing through terrain, so it does distinguish itself from the Commando Bomb.
Crossing a dangerous river

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:16 pm

DestroyerOfDestruction wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:44 pm
For me, Gyro Attack should be very similar to the original.
As it stands I don't see any need for changes to Gyro. It's unique and offers something new in and of itself. :)

memelord69

Post by memelord69 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:24 pm

MM4: Dust Crusher, it's a simple enough ability and doesn't feel overly strong

MM7: Junk Shield, if they nerf it tho. Otherwise it just become generic strong shield #100

MM8: Ice Wave, it'd be the only half decent ice weapon probably
MM8: Water Balloon, it can serve as another buster replacement. The basic buster is overpowered imo, so I like weapons that restrict the primary a little

MM11: Acid Barrier, but also nerf it big time. Make the bubble drain way faster per hit maybe

MM&B: Spread Drill, this thing is neat and would have a unique place in the game
MM&B: Ice Wall, this could have a ton of really gimmicky applications
MM&B: Wave Burner, could be another decent melee weapon
MM&B: Tengu Blade, if it can be adapted for this game, like Charge Kick
Assault on the Ziggurat 438537
Triple Weapon Troubles 396416
Assault on the Citadel 391765
Disastrous Factory 391968
Fighting Infernal Flames 392650
Electric Terrain 121647
Final Transmission 438545
Panicked Pursuit 170589
Triple Kaizo Trouble 251465

boltgreywing

Post by boltgreywing » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:22 am

I have to say rush marine megaman 3, rush marine megaman 4, rush jet megaman 3, balloon adapter megaman 4, wire megaman 4, and rush drill megaman 3 version but modified to work in megaman maker.

NikoPalad67140

Post by NikoPalad67140 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:11 pm

-Super Arm
-Scorch Wheel
-Ice Wave
-Tundra Storm
-Chain Blast.
Sorry if that's all I got.
In the name of the MEME Tanks, you did a great job!

UlticraftMTT
Discord: MettatonEX#9160

Post by UlticraftMTT » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:37 pm

My most wanted weapons are:

Scorch Wheel (Buffed, can be held in and increases vertical movement speed while being held in)
Yamato Spear (Buffed, damages enemies with shields and can be fired while sliding or dashing)
Bubble Bomb
Super Arm
Slash Claw
Ice Wall
Wave Burner

Wheel Cutter from Mega Man 10 used to be my #1 most wanted weapon but it's now in the game.

1/2/9/10 SFX Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&p=91154#p91154
Game Boy Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10508

hail boognish

Upcoming mods: Mega Man Maker Plus 2