Which robot master should be added in the next update?

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
Aze
Discord: Aze#7228

Which robot master should be added in the next update?

Post by Aze » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:53 pm

Version 1.09 is out, but only one weapon and one new enemy are added, Ive heard that version 1.10 could have a lot of content added, so the tittle says it all, which robot masters should be added in the next update.

I think we need at least 1 fire RM, 1 cold themed RM and 1 air themed RM that shoud be prioritised over others.(So it seems more diverse, arent you tired of seeing napalm man for fire themed levels, he is not really a fire RM)

Some I personally want to see are yamato man, snake man, gemini man and elecman.
BRUTAL EDITION COLLECTION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2677

TheRocken

Re: Which robot master should be added in the next update?

Post by TheRocken » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:17 pm

Good question. Since we're on fire-based, I do think Heat Man would add something different to the current robot masters. I could say Flame man, but it's been so long since I fought him, so I don't remember what it was like.
Ice man's interesting. Not sure how much you could do of him through, but I'm sure someone could come up with creative ways of using him.
Speaking of creative bosses, if they could pull off Gravity an, I'm sure he could be set up for some interesting challanges.
Finally, I do have a weakness for Elec Man. He is one of my favorite robot masters after all.

...yellow devil? (maybe the MM3 one, since he was easier to deal with.)

Xion350

Post by Xion350 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:37 am

I'd like to see at least one fortress boss. Yellow Devil would be a good canidate since you could have a UI setup for him to specify where you want him to teleport to and from.

BestViking

Post by BestViking » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:50 am

Aze wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:53 pm
Version 1.09 is out, but only one weapon and one new enemy are added, Ive heard that version 1.10 could have a lot of content added, so the tittle says it all, which robot masters should be added in the next update.

I think we need at least 1 fire RM, 1 cold themed RM and 1 air themed RM that shoud be prioritised over others.(So it seems more diverse, arent you tired of seeing napalm man for fire themed levels, he is not really a fire RM)

Some I personally want to see are yamato man, snake man, gemini man and elecman.
I suggested this too earlier. We need complete themes. I used Napalm Man for my ice level. Didn't quite fit, but it was the most fitting at that time. What I also missed for the ice theme was falling icicles and melting ice blocks from ice mans level.

Croakers are certainly a great addition for Toad Man style levels. The big snails could enhance that even more. There is also a need for more water themed enemies. Also small fixes like the crystal man tiles. If you don't connect them all the way to the floor, the appear "cut off" from underneath, and not smoothed like on the surface. More tiles and backgrounds would certainly make it easier to build more aesthetic and varied levels too.

Really, more of everything would be nice, but if we have to narrow it down to one thing, I would agree that robot masters are the most important. The roster is tiny enough to cause a feeling of monotony and lack of excitement.
My Mega Maker levels:
70912, 72498, 116319, 119584

and my NEWEST release "Descent": ID: 122998

My best rated Mario Maker levels:
0418-0000-00BF-E468
AF58-0000-00BB-FAFD
D081-0000-0078-7EE5
7235-0000-0296-B20D
81F2-0000-029D-E860

NMario84
Discord: NMario84#6935

Post by NMario84 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:43 am

I would like to see at least 1 fortress boss from each game, and at least 1 wily fight from each MM game. We can't have a MegaMan game without Dr.Wily. :P
Wanna go for a ride?

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:58 am

Pronto Man.

Also, Elec Man, Quick Man, and Gemini Man.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

Z1GMA

Post by Z1GMA » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:06 pm

We need more RMs that fits Water Levels.

PlantMan

Post by PlantMan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:05 pm

Aze wrote:

Maybe if it were possible we could have some of the mega man 7/8 rms

Xion350

Post by Xion350 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:04 am

PlantMan wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:05 pm
Aze wrote:

It would be easy to use the Robot masters from the 7/8 demakes.

mariogoods

Post by mariogoods » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:56 am

Xion350 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:04 am
PlantMan wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:05 pm
Aze wrote:

It would be easy to use the Robot masters from the 7/8 demakes.

Mega Man 10 has the offical Bass sprite and Slash Man sprite(although imcomplete)
As for me,Air Man first,because you can use Air Man's Ability to make a parkour level(some MM3 hack use this)
Then why not Quick Man?He's the toughest robot master in MM2.
MMX Sigma 4:145534(v1.2)
(You can beat the boss easily by some weapon as Sigma's Weakness)
MM2 Bubble Man:174567(v2.0)
MM2 Wily Castle 3:146135(v1.0)
MM2 Wily Castle 5:145536(v1.2)
MM6 Blizzard Man:149399(v1.0)
SMB World 1:151233

Armodi

Post by Armodi » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:37 am

I agree about Air man. Though the compelling reason to have him (he could allow people to make really unique levels) would probably make him very hard to implement. Gravity man would be awesome for the same reason and probably faces the same difficulties. Flash/Bright or Centaur man could also be interesting mechanics wise. I can see someone do something like a red light/green light type level with them.

For possibly easier to implement RMs that also fill niches that haven't been mentioned much, I think Charge man would be an excellent choice. He has a unique movement pattern (he can't jump) that you could use for chase stages or design boss rooms around that might not work as well with a more mobile RM. Of course I remember after I wrote this that Top man doesn't jump either. I guess I've seen so many fights with him on springs that I've forgotten. Charge man would still be interesting though.

Gyro man might also be interesting but I imagine him clipping into ceilings could be a problem. Cloud man or Astro man might make for a more interesting flying robot master but they aren't in 1-6 so I'm assuming they won't be added for some time. Maybe a 9/10 boss like Galaxy is more likely? Or Splash woman, she's effectively a flying robot master anyways. If you are going to add the enemies from his stage maybe could add one of those two, afterwards.

It would also be cool to get more mini-boss type enemies. Like the dogs in woodman's stage, the snails in toadman's stage etc. Mini-bosses would be useful to let us break up platforming segments and add more variety to levels.

But I'd be happy to see any new robot masters, and can't wait for 1.10.

Minus Bros

Post by Minus Bros » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:19 pm

I wonder if some of the Robot Master inclusions should be based off the weapons we already have.
Fire Man and Elec Man are my choices for MM1, and it works well since we got Thunder Beam and Fire Storm.
I want Air Man or Quick Man for MM2. We have Quick Boomerang, but Air Man would add some element variety.
Magnet Man or Snake Man for MM3. We have Magnet Missile and Search Snake, and, who doesn't like Snake Man?
Ring Man or Dust Man for MM4. I really like Ring Man's weapon, and overall these guys would add some cool variety.
Either Star Man or Gyro Man. Star Man's battle is very unique to make a cool boss, Gyro Man's as well.
Blizzard Man or Tomahawk Man. Having a cold Robot Master would add variety to some levels, and Tomahawk Man would be a very cool boss battle.

I'd also like to see 2 Fortress bosses at some point.
Definitely one of the devils, either Yellow Devil or MkII, just because they have decent difficulty and are unique in themselves.
Maybe the Metall Daddy from MM4. We already have Mets, so it works out fine, and it would probably make for a challenging boss battle. Maybe you could even choose the type of Mets is spawns.

At some point, having a Wily Boss or two would spice things up.
I sort of think Wily Machine 1 would be one of the easiest to implement, also due to it's simplicity and easy-to-understand patterns, it would make for a good Wily Stage themed boss.
Perhaps a Wily Capsule Boss, or maybe the Mr. X Crusher. These would set up for interesting surprise bosses at the end of a level, not sure what else to say about them though.

Also, I'd really like to have Multiple bosses become an actual thing. I know we've had the double boss glitch in multiple versions, but I'm sure many will agree that having multiple bosses would be a very welcome addition.
Image Levels:
Tower of Joe 2I - 167423
Mega Man and Bass Robot Museum - 171058
Mystery Cavern - 198854
Ultima Haze Tower - 208139
Water Junction - 239421
Enter The Inferno - 244595
Underground Construction - 245555

Reyn_the_Insane

Post by Reyn_the_Insane » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Tomahawk Man for sure. Let's show some American pride.
Mega Man 9 is the greatest video game ever made. No exceptions.

Slash7

Post by Slash7 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:50 pm

https://youtu.be/EDOn56hpR7w?t=280

Freeze Man was quite fun to fight against. He have wide variety of attacks and will make a fun boss

Bassnium Z - 325076 Part 1, 325079 Part 2; 324724 entire level but long loading time

310710 GET DEM KEYZ
302538 Construction Factory
183547 Area MD1 - Metroidvania based level

Xion350

Post by Xion350 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:58 am

Slash7 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:50 pm
https://youtu.be/EDOn56hpR7w?t=280

Freeze Man was quite fun to fight against. He have wide variety of attacks and will make a fun boss

He is, but the problem would be making an AI that works on all potential rooms that you could fight him in. I mentioned this in another thread that Megaman 7/8 bosses rely too much on their room gimmicks to work in Megamaker without some changes.

SMAAASH!!! Puppy

Post by SMAAASH!!! Puppy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Good candidates are:
MM (Including MMPU): Guts Man would provide interesting chase levels and would *ahem* "shake things up a bit", Fire Man would be a good character to put in a fire level, Ice Man fits the ice motif and would be semi-challenging without a weakness, Time and Oil Man would both be very unique.
MMII: Flash Man and Quick Man would be great for difficulty, Bubble Man fits the underwater motif, and Air Man could be interesting as well.
MMIII: Shadow Man, Snake Man, and Gemini Man would allow for players to make up more motifs. (I just noticed, a lot of these robot masters would be killed by slopes.)
MMIV: Skull Man would be nice thematically, and Ring Man would bring the challenge.
MMV: Really cool things could be done with Crystal Man.
MMVI:All of them would be really cool.

MTZPyra
Discord: Pyra The Wolf™#2969

Post by MTZPyra » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:57 am

SHADOW MAN
ℙ𝕪𝕣𝕒
#MANUALTILER for 1.5

My Levels
-Mine Spelunk- (193640)
Ring Plateau MkII (220661)

TREMIC1

Post by TREMIC1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:34 pm

Bumping this again because of the 1.1 update.

Ice Man and Time Man are turning out to be cool additions. I cant help to notice that they were both from MM1 though so do you think the next update will be exclusively MM2 bosses?

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:30 pm

Expecting FireMan, ElecMan and OilMan for next major update.

Though, Admittedly, I'd really like more Mega Man 3 Robot Masters, preferably GeminiMan, ShadowMan and SnakeMan.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

Skuja15

Post by Skuja15 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:04 am

I want more Elemental Robot masters to be included. but i also want Robot Masters of the later NES games to be included (Megaman 5 and 6)

I would love to have Air Man, Fire Man/Flame Man, Yamato Man and Crystal Man
Levels that i made that are good:

Poking down at the Sewers (ID: 159289)

Down in the Temple of the Ice Knight (ID: 147009)

Invading the Under-Construction Hydroeletric Plant (ID: 120179)