The problem with dislike button

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
Amur0

Re: The problem with dislike button

Post by Amur0 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:56 am

Nuclearminer wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:30 pm
I think having a dislike button, with the state of people on the internet as huge assholes, is a bad idea. Stages should be rated based on number of likes, without having dislikes. This works well for Mario Maker, usually.
I agree. Mario Maker made a good method to evaluate (or not to evaluate) a level with his stars. I think Megamaker could follow that way.
My youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5fiN_ ... zePe2fr44w

Do you want to watch your level on youtube? Just text me on my channel ;)

memelord69

Post by memelord69 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:28 am

This isn't a fixable problem. Voting is done by idiots. If there's a level with 3 screens, 2 enemies, and a boss that dies in 2 hits, idiots will upvote it because they beat it. If there's an elaborate level a designer put a week into creating with intricate design, puzzles, etc, it'll get downvoted because little Timmy couldn't get past the 3rd screen.

Imo, the devs should just get a handful of high level and reputable players with varied interests, and ask them to flag levels they find really good to be added to a special level selection screen. In other words, let players with respectable reputation (chosen by the game devs) decide what levels are good, and let the rest rot in the the regular list. The idiots can use their own criteria to keep up/downvoting in the garbage list, while higher ups and devs compile lists that matter.
Assault on the Citadel 183101
Magic Bouncing Ball 307148
Electric Terrain 121647
Final Transmission 257962
Final Transmission 2 155321
Panicked Pursuit 170589
Triple Kaizo Trouble 251465
Fighting Infernal Flames 272513
Disastrous Factory 281324

Tyler-bot

Post by Tyler-bot » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:10 pm

This is Little Big Planet all over again... sheesh.... the Down-vote button should stay. And I keep hearing about people down-voting if they can't complete? That's not entirely unfair. If a stage is crappily designed with enemy-spam, too much insta-death, cramped environments etc. etc. I'm not going to exasperate myself just so i can complete an un-fun level and up-vote it because I chose to 'stick with it' and waste time traveling through a sub-par, forgettable experience. Players 'not being able to finish a level' might not be because they have 'poor skills', but rather that the stage is bland or exasperating. Why sit and die at the same cheap obstacle multiple times or be bored with lackluster work and waste time on something when there are thousands of other stages to choose from? Want down-votes to stop? Make fun, fair, engaging levels that don't punish the player constantly for not having spider-sense reflexes or always ambushing them with cheaply placed enemies.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:57 am

Tyler-bot wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:10 pm
Players 'not being able to finish a level' might not be because they have 'poor skills', but rather that the stage is bland or exasperating. Why sit and die at the same cheap obstacle multiple times or be bored with lackluster work and waste time on something when there are thousands of other stages to choose from? Want down-votes to stop? Make fun, fair, engaging levels that don't punish the player constantly for not having spider-sense reflexes or always ambushing them with cheaply placed enemies.
Tyler-bot makes a fair point.

Without proper context with regards to your level, we actually don't know if the downvotes your level get, are warranted or not. The level could be well designed, or the level could be poorly designed.

Maybe the TC should supply quick-play links to their downvoted level(s), and have them evaluated by various people, to see if the level's low score is justified or not, instead of throwing hate around at the dislike button.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:24 am

Can y'all shut up?
It's clear that Royalguard and Amur-something have opposing views. The way I see it:
Royalguard wants to keep things the way they are, and Amur-something (I apoligize.) wants to remove the dislike button.
But this doesn't mean the first page should be flooded with quoting! Please stop!
http://megamanroyale.com/ <- Play

BWAHAHAHA I AM NOW THE GAMECUBE

Yoshi2018

Post by Yoshi2018 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:24 am
Can y'all shut up?
It's clear that Royalguard and Amur-something have opposing views. The way I see it:
Royalguard wants to keep things the way they are, and Amur-something (I apoligize.) wants to remove the dislike button.
But this doesn't mean the first page should be flooded with quoting! Please stop!
What is wrong with quoting?
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

Mr. Saltman

Post by Mr. Saltman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:57 pm

Yoshi2018 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:29 pm
Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:24 am
Can y'all shut up?
What is wrong with quoting?
When someone quotes too many posts it can create giant walls of text and quotes that make scrolling down the page annoying.
Pharaoh Man is the best disco dancer ever!

Gbdnhb

Post by Gbdnhb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:05 am

Rafatenck wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:12 pm
The dislike button shows when you play the level... that's bad

The button must appear when you COMPLETE the level. Then you can evaluate
That would be cool,but then"A TASTE OF WHATS TO COME"would have almost no ratings.