Fan game in megaman maker (Coming soon)

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
14Protoman

Fan game in megaman maker (Coming soon)

Post by 14Protoman » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:11 am

As the forum says "Feedback and suggestions", this time is going to be a feedback and I want to make a kind of Fangame in the game.
I'm going to erase all the levels and I'm going to make my own game in MMM, in the next version; obviously it's going to update and I'm going to make a new one with the next versions, and more if you put a weakness meter, a feature very requested by me, until a friend of me hacked the Random User account and now I use my game name, but hey, that's not relevant.
The point, is that for now I want to do a FG in the next version, 1.5, I appreciate if you recommend bosses to put, including MM9 but do not know which comes with Concrete man, thanks.
Postscript: I do not know if this is really the forum where to put the subject, so if it is necessary to fix it, I thank the moderator who does it.

8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Re: Fan game in megaman maker (Coming soon)

Post by 8JKN4 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:16 am

If you don't want to erase all your levels, you could just make a new account for the fangame levels.

As for the subforum, I think this would be better placed in Level design discussion.
profile pic is an improved version of my hose man mugshot made by MP64/terra (the one i'm using is his version)

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:39 am

Creating multiple accounts is frowned upon. The Mega Man Maker server only has so much storage space, and creating multiple accounts to bypass the level upload limit, not only isn't fair to other users, but may potentially put more strain on the server if too many people start doing it.

If you want to create a level pack/game, I'd advise compiling the .MMLV level files into a compressed folder, and supplying a download link.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:45 am

8JKN4 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:16 am
If you don't want to erase all your levels, you could just make a new account for the fangame levels.
You know i have not any idea that what are you talking about.

8JKN4
Discord: 8JKN4#0739

Post by 8JKN4 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:21 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:39 am
Creating multiple accounts is frowned upon. The Mega Man Maker server only has so much storage space, and creating multiple accounts to bypass the level upload limit, not only isn't fair to other users, but may potentially put more strain on the server if too many people start doing it.

If you want to create a level pack/game, I'd advise compiling the .MMLV level files into a compressed folder, and supplying a download link.
Oh, oof. Okay then
profile pic is an improved version of my hose man mugshot made by MP64/terra (the one i'm using is his version)

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Sorry, too much engrish. I have NO idea what you're talking about.
i am no longer active :pensive:

bye

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:13 pm

14Protoman wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:11 am
As the forum says "Feedback and suggestions", this time is going to be a feedback and I want to make a kind of Fangame in the game.
I'm going to erase all the levels and I'm going to make my own game in MMM, in the next version; obviously it's going to update and I'm going to make a new one with the next versions, and more if you put a weakness meter, a feature very requested by me, until a friend of me hacked the Random User account and now I use my game name, but hey, that's not relevant.
The point, is that for now I want to do a FG in the next version, 1.5, I appreciate if you recommend bosses to put, including MM9 but do not know which comes with Concrete man, thanks.
Postscript: I do not know if this is really the forum where to put the subject, so if it is necessary to fix it, I thank the moderator who does it.
Tristemente, Mega Man Maker intenta ser como Super Mario Maker. ¡NO TE VAN A PERMITIR crear tu propio fangame! Ellos diseñaron Mega Man Maker para que hagas niveles sueltos, para aquellas personas sin tiempo que solo tienen 2 minutos para jugar en el descanso del trabajo, para aquellos que se quieren jactar de sus conocimientos técnicos de Level Design. ¡Ellos NO QUIEREN que hagas tu propio juego completo como los de nuestra infacia! Yo aprendí eso de la manera difícil, y entendí que Mega Man Maker JAMÁS me va a dar todas las herramientas para crear mi fangame sin saber programar.

Me temo que si querés crear un fangame vas a tener que aprender el lenguaje de programación de Game Maker.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:05 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:13 pm
14Protoman wrote:
Tristemente, Mega Man Maker intenta ser como Super Mario Maker. ¡NO TE VAN A PERMITIR crear tu propio fangame! Ellos diseñaron Mega Man Maker para que hagas niveles sueltos, para aquellas personas sin tiempo que solo tienen 2 minutos para jugar en el descanso del trabajo, para aquellos que se quieren jactar de sus conocimientos técnicos de Level Design. ¡Ellos NO QUIEREN que hagas tu propio juego completo como los de nuestra infacia! Yo aprendí eso de la manera difícil, y entendí que Mega Man Maker JAMÁS me va a dar todas las herramientas para crear mi fangame sin saber programar.

Me temo que si querés crear un fangame vas a tener que aprender el lenguaje de programación de Game Maker.
It may be, but they gave it to us from 1.0 and you still do not realize it.
You see, there is a limit of 20 levels that you can upload on the line and with only 8 you already have the robot masters, with 4 you already have 12 and it is a complete game.
The fangame is going to be inside the game, that's the grace.
If you still do not understand how to put the weapons, put a main screen and then show the weapons grip, which several users do.
The point is that if you want them to catch only the wins, you can put the rules and slogans in the level showcase or the description in the forum.
The weakness is intuitive, the boss and stage too and we already have the fangame.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:25 pm

One of the problems with making a fan game using Mega Man Maker, is that it would force the level progression to be linear, which goes against the non-linear "level select" structure that most Mega Man games (and Mega Man fan games for that matter) are known for.

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:36 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:25 pm
One of the problems with making a fan game using Mega Man Maker, is that it would force the level progression to be linear, which goes against the non-linear "level select" structure that most Mega Man games (and Mega Man fan games for that matter) are known for.
Take a look at this quote from him:
14Protoman wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:05 pm
If you still do not understand how to put the weapons, put a main screen and then show the weapons grip, which several users do.
The point is that if you want them to catch only the wins, you can put the rules and slogans in the level showcase or the description in the forum.
What he means here, is that he's going to ask the players to do a self-imposed challenge and only grab the weapons of the Robot Masters they've beaten. Only problem is nobody does this kind of self-imposed challenges because nobody will stop in their tracks to read the rules before playing. And they may also play the Wily Castle stages before the Robot Master stages.

Oh! And the boss rush (which is the best part of ANY Mega Man game) is impossible to make because multiple bosses will never be added as a feature in Mega Man Maker.

anthonytheredbear
Discord: https://discord.gg/PkppvA

Post by anthonytheredbear » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:10 pm

LeonardMan: Tristemente, Mega Man Maker intenta ser como Super Mario Maker. ¡NO TE VAN A PERMITIR crear tu propio fangame! Ellos diseñaron Mega Man Maker para que hagas niveles sueltos, para aquellas personas sin tiempo que solo tienen 2 minutos para jugar en el descanso del trabajo, para aquellos que se quieren jactar de sus conocimientos técnicos de Level Design. ¡Ellos NO QUIEREN que hagas tu propio juego completo como los de nuestra infacia! Yo aprendí eso de la manera difícil, y entendí que Mega Man Maker JAMÁS me va a dar todas las herramientas para crear mi fangame sin saber programar.

Me temo que si querés crear un fangame vas a tener que aprender el lenguaje de programación de Game Make

ME TOO IM SPANISH

Yoshi2018

Post by Yoshi2018 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:33 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:36 pm
Oh! And the boss rush (which is the best part of ANY Mega Man game) is impossible to make because multiple bosses will never be added as a feature in Mega Man Maker.
I am currently working on Mega Man Random, and what I did was simply allow the player to replay the stage over and over. I even made a teleporter to skip the miniboss rush and go to the boss rush. (At the cost of skipping an E Tank.)
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:00 pm

Okay boys, keep calm, i know all that, but we can jump all boss rushes and make another things, dont worry, aslo Leonardman, if they don´t will read, i can put it in level showcase and maybe it triumphs, and it maybe could make a revolution for the game as Ryu 1 or boss rush of Aze, boy.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:52 pm

HoundBlue wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:48 pm
this thread is such a mess i love it
Prediction: if you were still a moderator, you would block it, right? What's wrong, now what did I do wrong? :(

Yoshi2018

Post by Yoshi2018 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:16 pm

HoundBlue wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:04 pm
14Protoman wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:52 pm
HoundBlue wrote:
Prediction: if you were still a moderator, you would block it, right? What's wrong, now what did I do wrong? :(
wrong sub-category, this is not a suggestion
He claims it is for feedback, but Level Showcase serves the same purpose.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:24 am

HoundBlue wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:04 pm
14Protoman wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:52 pm
HoundBlue wrote:
wrong sub-category, this is not a suggestion
The reason it is supposedly feedback/suggestion is because he's asking for a feature to be implemented that would help him make his own fangame on Mega Man Maker. To quote:
14Protoman wrote:
if you put a weakness meter, a feature very requested by me

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:01 am

I know this is wrong category, but i cannot for change of forum, i need help of a moderator, Sorry, aslo i think i am saying this above. This Is rare.

rollerC
Discord: rollerC#5125

Post by rollerC » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:36 pm

I moved this to General Chat for you. Feedback and suggestions is specifically for feedback to the devs about how to make the game better.

The forums are English-only, LeonardMan.
pee

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:49 pm

rollerC wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:36 pm
I moved this to General Chat for you. Feedback and suggestions is specifically for feedback to the devs about how to make the game better.

The forums are English-only, LeonardMan.
Thank you RollerC, this is what i needed.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:28 am

What bosses can I put?