Boredom

General discussion of Mega Man Maker

Moderator: Challenge coordinator

User avatar
14Protoman
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Location: Argentina

Boredom

Post by 14Protoman » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:56 am

Or is it me, or is it that we are all already bored and do not know what to do? We are already in the instance in which there are no ideas to make levels, nor is the game fun, nor do they even add a single new one
announcement, I do not know what else to do with the game. When I start a level does not amuse me, I already memorized all the enemies, gimmicks and bosses, and there are many children who do not know how to create levels, I do not know what else follows.

User avatar
Bean man
Posts: 2454
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:49 pm
Location: Wherever you're hiding your beans
Discord: Bean man#9687

Re: Boredom

Post by Bean man » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:59 am

Everybody's restless for 1.5, sadly we just have to wait for the update. I don't blame you, most levels can be pretty stale. There are a few good creators out there, just they don't upload levels often enough to be enjoyed. 1.5 is bound to bring new and enjoyable content to the game at least so that we'll have fresh stuff to use.
Image

1.5 for life!... until 1.6

NeoRizer
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:52 am

Re: Boredom

Post by NeoRizer » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:37 am

Every level I play is either some Kaizo garbage that requires way too much time and effort to figure out gimmicks intended by the creator's evil mind. The only other option is some 10 year old kids level, who got all his buddies to up vote his level 50 times so it gets pushed to the top. These 10 year old levels generally consist of 3 screens with no pit falls and a boss who dies instantly or has the arm cannon as their weakness with life capsules littering the floor of the boss room.

The game is dead because there's no filtering system that works and most people are too jealous or lazy to play actual good levels and vote on them. There's a lot of concept stealers out there as well that just download levels and rip designs off and re-brand them as their own which is a shame. No one should be able to download someone else's level and edit it or look at it. If you're not smart enough to memorize the designs, you shouldn't be able to use them yourself.

I sit around making levels that take me over 5 or 6 hours to tweak, I run them multiple times and try different things, I make sure the level feels like an actual Mega Man level, that it's fair and the gimmicks are challenging but not frustrating and I try to go with a theme... 5 hours of work for 3 up votes and my level gets pushed to the bottom of the pile in minutes.

It's just not worth the time spent making something good that only a hand full of people are going to enjoy or see because you're not a streamer or advertising yourself. It's a complete joke the way the voting system works.

I've also seen numerous levels that the creator put WAY too much time in to and you can tell 80% of the way through the design process the creator thought the level was too easy because they've ran their own level 100 times before hitting the upload button. The levels ends up dragging out longer than they should and there's always a section where the designer creates what I like to call a "breaking point" that is intended to just frustrate the player.

The player then either gives up or perseveres through only to fight some joke of a boss at the end, which makes all their effort trying to time some pixel perfect jump meaningless. An otherwise good level ruined and that designer gets a down vote or a no vote... People need to put their ego's away when creating / playing levels and just make fun Mega Man levels with a good theme.

Stop trying to show off how "intelligent" you are by making some impossible level or pixel perfect time jumps, just make a fair and fun level with some challenging areas strewn throughout, they don't have to be infuriating either, just something decent like a real Mega Man game. The entire intention of Mega Maker in the first place was to make quality levels, not to show how much of an elitist asshole you can be.

That's why this game is dead... I stopped uploading levels 3 or 4 months ago, I just make levels I think are fun and keep them to myself and play them whenever I feel I need a Mega Man fix. I have at least 3 or 4 really decent levels created that I never uploaded because why bother any more. I don't even play other peoples levels because they're all trash any way and it takes too long of sifting through garbage to find that less than 1% out there.

I honestly think the developer of this game should limit users to 1 upload per week, that way we can actually filter out a lot of garbage levels that kids upload one after another. At least this way some decent levels will get some exposure and a lot of garbage will get filtered out quickly. Once someone has over 50 down votes across all their levels they've uploaded they should be banned from uploading a level for a month, that way it forces them to create quality content. There needs to be more moderation on these uploads because each user being able to upload a max of 20 levels while being able to delete and upload new levels is pure garbage and it's a headache as a player trying to find quality content.

The developer needs to wipe the servers clean and start over. 5 total levels uploaded by the same user, 1 upload per week and if a level has over 50 up votes it stays on the server for a year in the top 100 levels of 20XX. If a level doesn't get enough up votes to reach top 100, it gets wiped after a month and that user is not allowed to re-upload the same level again, even if they edit it.

Super Mario Maker does this exact thing with save files, it stamps the save file so it can't be re-uploaded even if the level is given a complete overhaul... it forces the user to recreate the level again, so if the level sucks, someone is going to have to waste their time making that same shitty level again to give it exposure.

Either way, that's why this game is boring now, it's been shit for months. Plus no updates and some of the best robots and weapons aren't even in the game, also, everyone has been wanting multiple boss fights since this games inception but the developer can't seem to figure out how to code a kill switch for whichever boss you want the level to end on.

It's not that hard of a concept, if these guys can create this game and add all these textures and boss A.I. in it, surely they can have an option to trigger "end level upon kill" in the bosses options when they're placed down. I just don't get why this isn't a thing at this point in this game's life...

Also, why not have giant bosses added like the Guts Dozer and Wily Machines?

User avatar
14Protoman
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Boredom

Post by 14Protoman » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:18 pm

NeoRizer wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:37 am
Every level I play is either some Kaizo garbage that requires way too much time and effort to figure out gimmicks intended by the creator's evil mind. The only other option is some 10 year old kids level, who got all his buddies to up vote his level 50 times so it gets pushed to the top. These 10 year old levels generally consist of 3 screens with no pit falls and a boss who dies instantly or has the arm cannon as their weakness with life capsules littering the floor of the boss room.

The game is dead because there's no filtering system that works and most people are too jealous or lazy to play actual good levels and vote on them. There's a lot of concept stealers out there as well that just download levels and rip designs off and re-brand them as their own which is a shame. No one should be able to download someone else's level and edit it or look at it. If you're not smart enough to memorize the designs, you shouldn't be able to use them yourself.

I sit around making levels that take me over 5 or 6 hours to tweak, I run them multiple times and try different things, I make sure the level feels like an actual Mega Man level, that it's fair and the gimmicks are challenging but not frustrating and I try to go with a theme... 5 hours of work for 3 up votes and my level gets pushed to the bottom of the pile in minutes.

It's just not worth the time spent making something good that only a hand full of people are going to enjoy or see because you're not a streamer or advertising yourself. It's a complete joke the way the voting system works.

I've also seen numerous levels that the creator put WAY too much time in to and you can tell 80% of the way through the design process the creator thought the level was too easy because they've ran their own level 100 times before hitting the upload button. The levels ends up dragging out longer than they should and there's always a section where the designer creates what I like to call a "breaking point" that is intended to just frustrate the player.

The player then either gives up or perseveres through only to fight some joke of a boss at the end, which makes all their effort trying to time some pixel perfect jump meaningless. An otherwise good level ruined and that designer gets a down vote or a no vote... People need to put their ego's away when creating / playing levels and just make fun Mega Man levels with a good theme.

Stop trying to show off how "intelligent" you are by making some impossible level or pixel perfect time jumps, just make a fair and fun level with some challenging areas strewn throughout, they don't have to be infuriating either, just something decent like a real Mega Man game. The entire intention of Mega Maker in the first place was to make quality levels, not to show how much of an elitist asshole you can be.

That's why this game is dead... I stopped uploading levels 3 or 4 months ago, I just make levels I think are fun and keep them to myself and play them whenever I feel I need a Mega Man fix. I have at least 3 or 4 really decent levels created that I never uploaded because why bother any more. I don't even play other peoples levels because they're all trash any way and it takes too long of sifting through garbage to find that less than 1% out there.

I honestly think the developer of this game should limit users to 1 upload per week, that way we can actually filter out a lot of garbage levels that kids upload one after another. At least this way some decent levels will get some exposure and a lot of garbage will get filtered out quickly. Once someone has over 50 down votes across all their levels they've uploaded they should be banned from uploading a level for a month, that way it forces them to create quality content. There needs to be more moderation on these uploads because each user being able to upload a max of 20 levels while being able to delete and upload new levels is pure garbage and it's a headache as a player trying to find quality content.

The developer needs to wipe the servers clean and start over. 5 total levels uploaded by the same user, 1 upload per week and if a level has over 50 up votes it stays on the server for a year in the top 100 levels of 20XX. If a level doesn't get enough up votes to reach top 100, it gets wiped after a month and that user is not allowed to re-upload the same level again, even if they edit it.

Super Mario Maker does this exact thing with save files, it stamps the save file so it can't be re-uploaded even if the level is given a complete overhaul... it forces the user to recreate the level again, so if the level sucks, someone is going to have to waste their time making that same shitty level again to give it exposure.

Either way, that's why this game is boring now, it's been shit for months. Plus no updates and some of the best robots and weapons aren't even in the game, also, everyone has been wanting multiple boss fights since this games inception but the developer can't seem to figure out how to code a kill switch for whichever boss you want the level to end on.

It's not that hard of a concept, if these guys can create this game and add all these textures and boss A.I. in it, surely they can have an option to trigger "end level upon kill" in the bosses options when they're placed down. I just don't get why this isn't a thing at this point in this game's life...

Also, why not have giant bosses added like the Guts Dozer and Wily Machines?
I think your idea is good in one part, but somewhat repressive in terms of the elimination of levels per month, because if someone does a good level, I see a lot of children angry because they erase theirs and start trolling to everyone for their anger; In addition, if someone does a good level and suddenly receives many dislike, it can be for the length, something that novice users can not tolerate, as well as difficulty. In short, mega man games are difficult, but one learns to overcome them, nothing more than a novice player, regardless of age, if you add that is annoying, will not understand the art of the concepts of a good level of MMM.
Now, coming back with the prohibition to create those types of annoying levels, it is also likely that they cheat, that their dependent friends will like them for pity and subjectivity, not by their own decision, as a group of friends dependent on the school does , or something like that.
Wrecking and Luigi should put a filter or something for a computer AI, more specifically, the game, filter the difficulty.

User avatar
14Protoman
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Boredom

Post by 14Protoman » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:20 pm

By the way, my levels are difficult and that is what a mature audiency want´s. That is not right NeoRizer?

LeonardMan
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Boredom

Post by LeonardMan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:47 pm

Bean man wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:59 am
Everybody's restless for 1.5
I learned something when I got into the Discord server: The reason there are no updates is because the entire dev team is busy with the MAGMML3 contest, and they won't go back to MMM until the contest is finished. Almost 150 levels have been submitted, so they will have to play through ALL of them and rate them. We're not gonna have v1.5 anytime soon.
NeoRizer wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:37 am
everyone has been wanting multiple boss fights since this games inception but the developer can't seem to figure out how to code a kill switch for whichever boss you want the level to end on.

It's not that hard of a concept, if these guys can create this game and add all these textures and boss A.I. in it, surely they can have an option to trigger "end level upon kill" in the bosses options when they're placed down. I just don't get why this isn't a thing at this point in this game's life...
False. They don't add multiple bosses because they DON'T WANT TO! Allowing for more than one boss would derail from their precious Super Mario Maker formula and allow users to make something resembling an actual fangame. They want users to make INDIVIDUAL LEVELS, not games.

And besides, they can't modify the boss menu even if they wanted to, because that means rewriting the engine. That's why I came up with an alternate solution that doesn't even TOUCH the boss menu, although I'm sure it'll get ignored: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6316
14Protoman wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:20 pm
my levels are difficult and that is what a mature audiency want´s
Eso no es verdad. Esa dificultad exagerada solo la quieren los pendejos que necesitan urgentemente demostrar su nivel de testosterona. Yo tengo 32 años de edad y prefiero un desafío balanceado y justo.

Translation: That's not true. That exaggerated difficulty is only wanted by kids who urgently need to show off their testosterone level. I'm 32 years old and I prefer a balanced and fair challenge.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

User avatar
14Protoman
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Boredom

Post by 14Protoman » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:56 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:47 pm
That's not true. That exaggerated difficulty is only wanted by kids who urgently need to show off their testosterone level. I'm 32 years old and I prefer a balanced and fair challenge.
Well, good sir! What I'm trying to say, is that I do not do small or absurd levels, I do something considerable, or at least I try.

LeonardMan
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Boredom

Post by LeonardMan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:46 pm

14Protoman wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:56 pm
LeonardMan wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:47 pm
That's not true. That exaggerated difficulty is only wanted by kids who urgently need to show off their testosterone level. I'm 32 years old and I prefer a balanced and fair challenge.
Well, good sir! What I'm trying to say, is that I do not do small or absurd levels, I do something considerable, or at least I try.
That's a different thing, and it's good. Just be careful not to make any of your levels unreasonably hard.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

User avatar
14Protoman
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Boredom

Post by 14Protoman » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:11 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:46 pm
14Protoman wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:56 pm
LeonardMan wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:47 pm
That's not true. That exaggerated difficulty is only wanted by kids who urgently need to show off their testosterone level. I'm 32 years old and I prefer a balanced and fair challenge.
Well, good sir! What I'm trying to say, is that I do not do small or absurd levels, I do something considerable, or at least I try.
That's a different thing, and it's good. Just be careful not to make any of your levels unreasonably hard.
okey

User avatar
MegaFan13
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:28 pm
Discord: SnappyBoi
Contact:

Re: Boredom

Post by MegaFan13 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:45 pm

tbh I thought the new update was going to release on Christmas but no. So, I just give up on it and am thinking it will just release when it does.

Maybe it could release new years! who knows!
MM6 is the best MM game

YT Channel: BlizzardBoi

NO MORE BORDOM FOR 1.5 ITS HERE AT LAST YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYA

Image

User avatar
Yoshi2018
Posts: 3739
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Boredom

Post by Yoshi2018 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:01 pm

I don't think this is happening until the community dies down, which it is not.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

LeonardMan
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Boredom

Post by LeonardMan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:09 pm

MegaFan13 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:45 pm
tbh I thought the new update was going to release on Christmas but no. So, I just give up on it and am thinking it will just release when it does.

Maybe it could release new years! who knows!
I learned something when I got into the Discord server: The reason there are no updates is because the entire dev team is busy with the MAGMML3 contest, and they won't go back to MMM until the contest is finished. Almost 150 levels have been submitted, so they will have to play through ALL of them and rate them. We're not gonna have v1.5 anytime soon.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

User avatar
Bean man
Posts: 2454
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:49 pm
Location: Wherever you're hiding your beans
Discord: Bean man#9687

Re: Boredom

Post by Bean man » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:30 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:09 pm
I learned something when I got into the Discord server: The reason there are no updates is because the entire dev team is busy with the MAGMML3 contest, and they won't go back to MMM until the contest is finished. Almost 150 levels have been submitted, so they will have to play through ALL of them and rate them. We're not gonna have v1.5 anytime soon.
This is saddening, I'm really looking forward to MaGMML3 but I also want the MMM update at the same time :cry:
Image

1.5 for life!... until 1.6

LeonardMan
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Boredom

Post by LeonardMan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Bean man wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:30 pm
LeonardMan wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:09 pm
I learned something when I got into the Discord server: The reason there are no updates is because the entire dev team is busy with the MAGMML3 contest, and they won't go back to MMM until the contest is finished. Almost 150 levels have been submitted, so they will have to play through ALL of them and rate them. We're not gonna have v1.5 anytime soon.
This is saddening, I'm really looking forward to MaGMML3 but I also want the MMM update at the same time :cry:
I feel sorry for the dev team, forced to play almost 150 levels and most of them are sure to be bad...
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

User avatar
14Protoman
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Boredom

Post by 14Protoman » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:25 am

LeonardMan wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:09 pm
MegaFan13 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:45 pm
tbh I thought the new update was going to release on Christmas but no. So, I just give up on it and am thinking it will just release when it does.

Maybe it could release new years! who knows!
I learned something when I got into the Discord server: The reason there are no updates is because the entire dev team is busy with the MAGMML3 contest, and they won't go back to MMM until the contest is finished. Almost 150 levels have been submitted, so they will have to play through ALL of them and rate them. We're not gonna have v1.5 anytime soon.
And how long could it take to finish the contest?

User avatar
Yoshi2018
Posts: 3739
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Boredom

Post by Yoshi2018 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:18 am

14Protoman wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:25 am
LeonardMan wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:09 pm
MegaFan13 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:45 pm
tbh I thought the new update was going to release on Christmas but no. So, I just give up on it and am thinking it will just release when it does.

Maybe it could release new years! who knows!
I learned something when I got into the Discord server: The reason there are no updates is because the entire dev team is busy with the MAGMML3 contest, and they won't go back to MMM until the contest is finished. Almost 150 levels have been submitted, so they will have to play through ALL of them and rate them. We're not gonna have v1.5 anytime soon.
And how long could it take to finish the contest?
Last time took forever.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

LeonardMan
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Boredom

Post by LeonardMan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:39 pm

14Protoman wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:25 am
And how long could it take to finish the contest?
Yoshi2018 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:18 am
Last time took forever.
Assuming they play just ONE level per day (and that's being generous), it'll take them approximately 5 months to play and rate all 140-something submitted levels.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

User avatar
Yoshi2018
Posts: 3739
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Boredom

Post by Yoshi2018 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:51 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:39 pm
14Protoman wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:25 am
And how long could it take to finish the contest?
Yoshi2018 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:18 am
Last time took forever.
Assuming they play just ONE level per day (and that's being generous), it'll take them approximately 5 months to play and rate all 140-something submitted levels.
I looked, last time with about 60 less levels took 5 months, so imagine how long THIS ONE will take.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

User avatar
LightDaemon
Posts: 1527
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:18 am

Re: Boredom

Post by LightDaemon » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:09 am

NeoRizer wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:37 am
Every level I play is either some Kaizo garbage that requires way too much time and effort to figure out gimmicks intended by the creator's evil mind. The only other option is some 10 year old kids level, who got all his buddies to up vote his level 50 times so it gets pushed to the top. These 10 year old levels generally consist of 3 screens with no pit falls and a boss who dies instantly or has the arm cannon as their weakness with life capsules littering the floor of the boss room.

The game is dead because there's no filtering system that works and most people are too jealous or lazy to play actual good levels and vote on them. There's a lot of concept stealers out there as well that just download levels and rip designs off and re-brand them as their own which is a shame. No one should be able to download someone else's level and edit it or look at it. If you're not smart enough to memorize the designs, you shouldn't be able to use them yourself.

I sit around making levels that take me over 5 or 6 hours to tweak, I run them multiple times and try different things, I make sure the level feels like an actual Mega Man level, that it's fair and the gimmicks are challenging but not frustrating and I try to go with a theme... 5 hours of work for 3 up votes and my level gets pushed to the bottom of the pile in minutes.

It's just not worth the time spent making something good that only a hand full of people are going to enjoy or see because you're not a streamer or advertising yourself. It's a complete joke the way the voting system works.

I've also seen numerous levels that the creator put WAY too much time in to and you can tell 80% of the way through the design process the creator thought the level was too easy because they've ran their own level 100 times before hitting the upload button. The levels ends up dragging out longer than they should and there's always a section where the designer creates what I like to call a "breaking point" that is intended to just frustrate the player.

The player then either gives up or perseveres through only to fight some joke of a boss at the end, which makes all their effort trying to time some pixel perfect jump meaningless. An otherwise good level ruined and that designer gets a down vote or a no vote... People need to put their ego's away when creating / playing levels and just make fun Mega Man levels with a good theme.

Stop trying to show off how "intelligent" you are by making some impossible level or pixel perfect time jumps, just make a fair and fun level with some challenging areas strewn throughout, they don't have to be infuriating either, just something decent like a real Mega Man game. The entire intention of Mega Maker in the first place was to make quality levels, not to show how much of an elitist asshole you can be.

That's why this game is dead... I stopped uploading levels 3 or 4 months ago, I just make levels I think are fun and keep them to myself and play them whenever I feel I need a Mega Man fix. I have at least 3 or 4 really decent levels created that I never uploaded because why bother any more. I don't even play other peoples levels because they're all trash any way and it takes too long of sifting through garbage to find that less than 1% out there.

I honestly think the developer of this game should limit users to 1 upload per week, that way we can actually filter out a lot of garbage levels that kids upload one after another. At least this way some decent levels will get some exposure and a lot of garbage will get filtered out quickly. Once someone has over 50 down votes across all their levels they've uploaded they should be banned from uploading a level for a month, that way it forces them to create quality content. There needs to be more moderation on these uploads because each user being able to upload a max of 20 levels while being able to delete and upload new levels is pure garbage and it's a headache as a player trying to find quality content.

The developer needs to wipe the servers clean and start over. 5 total levels uploaded by the same user, 1 upload per week and if a level has over 50 up votes it stays on the server for a year in the top 100 levels of 20XX. If a level doesn't get enough up votes to reach top 100, it gets wiped after a month and that user is not allowed to re-upload the same level again, even if they edit it.

Super Mario Maker does this exact thing with save files, it stamps the save file so it can't be re-uploaded even if the level is given a complete overhaul... it forces the user to recreate the level again, so if the level sucks, someone is going to have to waste their time making that same shitty level again to give it exposure.

Either way, that's why this game is boring now, it's been shit for months. Plus no updates and some of the best robots and weapons aren't even in the game, also, everyone has been wanting multiple boss fights since this games inception but the developer can't seem to figure out how to code a kill switch for whichever boss you want the level to end on.

It's not that hard of a concept, if these guys can create this game and add all these textures and boss A.I. in it, surely they can have an option to trigger "end level upon kill" in the bosses options when they're placed down. I just don't get why this isn't a thing at this point in this game's life...

Also, why not have giant bosses added like the Guts Dozer and Wily Machines?
Oh, dang! I worked my ass on my level and I have no like! It's all because of these kids who keep destroying the game, now it's dead, I'm out! Dev should ban them, they don't have the right to play MMM because I'm the best designer!
Plus the dev didn't add the robots I wanted, I'm so sad!

Seriously... :roll:
Tired of Internet

LeonardMan
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Boredom

Post by LeonardMan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:23 am

Yoshi2018 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:51 pm
LeonardMan wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:39 pm
14Protoman wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:25 am
And how long could it take to finish the contest?
Yoshi2018 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:18 am
Last time took forever.
Assuming they play just ONE level per day (and that's being generous), it'll take them approximately 5 months to play and rate all 140-something submitted levels.
I looked, last time with about 60 less levels took 5 months, so imagine how long THIS ONE will take.
That means it's going to take them the entirety of year 2019.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sticks and 3 guests