Boredom

General discussion of Mega Man Maker

Moderator: Challenge coordinator

Brazencoronet17
Location: Next to my computer, working on a secret project...
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Re: Boredom

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:36 am

You know they need to stop bringing updates in huge bursts. It's just not worth the wait: Rather, I'd like small updates every few weeks or so. It would keep the game lively and still provide lots of content.
WAR ON MARS I, II, and III! I SHALL DESTROY THEM ALL!

Unless they surrender, which would be the wise choice.

Bean man
Discord: Bean man#9687

Post by Bean man » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:33 am

Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:36 am
You know they need to stop bringing updates in huge bursts. It's just not worth the wait: Rather, I'd like small updates every few weeks or so. It would keep the game lively and still provide lots of content.
This is exactly what we need.

Unless it's something big like 1.4 I really think they should just make smaller updates, adding only a few enemies and gimmicks a time.

1.5 for life!... until 1.6

GamerFromTheWeb

Post by GamerFromTheWeb » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:47 am

Bean man wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:33 am
Brazencoronet17 wrote:

Unless it's something big like 1.4 I really think they should just make smaller updates, adding only a few enemies and gimmicks a time.
holy fuck ive been saying this since day 1 fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
like all my levels and subscribe to my youtube channel
or you will get the zero virus at 3 am in a chuck e cheese

LightDaemon

Post by LightDaemon » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:50 pm

Sadly.
Tired of Internet

Gravitrax64

Post by Gravitrax64 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:34 pm

GamerFromTheWeb wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:47 am
Bean man wrote:
Brazencoronet17 wrote:

holy fuck ive been saying this since day 1 fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Yes they need to do something like this. Or actually I have one idea.
I am the leader of G-FORCE. If you wish to join please pm me or any other G-FORCE official.

memelord69

Post by memelord69 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:17 am

NeoRizer wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:37 am

I honestly think the developer of this game should limit users to 1 upload per week, that way we can actually filter out a lot of garbage levels that kids upload one after another. At least this way some decent levels will get some exposure and a lot of garbage will get filtered out quickly. Once someone has over 50 down votes across all their levels they've uploaded they should be banned from uploading a level for a month, that way it forces them to create quality content. There needs to be more moderation on these uploads because each user being able to upload a max of 20 levels while being able to delete and upload new levels is pure garbage and it's a headache as a player trying to find quality content.

The developer needs to wipe the servers clean and start over. 5 total levels uploaded by the same user, 1 upload per week and if a level has over 50 up votes it stays on the server for a year in the top 100 levels of 20XX. If a level doesn't get enough up votes to reach top 100, it gets wiped after a month and that user is not allowed to re-upload the same level again, even if they edit it.
I like this, except kids will just make new accounts to spam more garbage. It already happens.
Plus, banning people based on downvotes is also a disaster. There's already special kids on here that make alts to upvote themselves. These same alts can be used to downvote bomb.

Wiping the servers would be nice on every major content patch. If people are passionate about their levels, they'll reupload. Otherwise, it's garbage that the dev forgot about and everyone else should too.
The thing about keeping levels based on votes isn't good because of alts. And tracking edited levels is basically impossible lol.

So on second thought, the only thing I agree with is purging the servers once every now and then lol

LeonardMan wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:09 pm
I learned something when I got into the Discord server: The reason there are no updates is because the entire dev team is busy with the MAGMML3 contest, and they won't go back to MMM until the contest is finished. Almost 150 levels have been submitted, so they will have to play through ALL of them and rate them. We're not gonna have v1.5 anytime soon.
What a waste of time lol
MAGMML2 had like 10 good levels out of 100+ of piles of garbage. Idk why they blindly accept any submission thrown at them when half the levels are some 12 year old experimenting with stock assets and calling it a finished product
Assault on the Citadel 183101
Magic Bouncing Ball 307148
Electric Terrain 121647
Final Transmission 257962
Final Transmission 2 155321
Panicked Pursuit 170589
Triple Kaizo Trouble 251465
Fighting Infernal Flames 272513
Disastrous Factory 281324

MegaFan13
Discord: SnappyBoi

Post by MegaFan13 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:47 pm

memelord69 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:17 am
NeoRizer wrote:

I honestly think the developer of this game should limit users to 1 upload per week, that way we can actually filter out a lot of garbage levels that kids upload one after another. At least this way some decent levels will get some exposure and a lot of garbage will get filtered out quickly. Once someone has over 50 down votes across all their levels they've uploaded they should be banned from uploading a level for a month, that way it forces them to create quality content. There needs to be more moderation on these uploads because each user being able to upload a max of 20 levels while being able to delete and upload new levels is pure garbage and it's a headache as a player trying to find quality content.

The developer needs to wipe the servers clean and start over. 5 total levels uploaded by the same user, 1 upload per week and if a level has over 50 up votes it stays on the server for a year in the top 100 levels of 20XX. If a level doesn't get enough up votes to reach top 100, it gets wiped after a month and that user is not allowed to re-upload the same level again, even if they edit it.
I like this, except kids will just make new accounts to spam more garbage. It already happens.
Plus, banning people based on downvotes is also a disaster. There's already special kids on here that make alts to upvote themselves. These same alts can be used to downvote bomb.

Wiping the servers would be nice on every major content patch. If people are passionate about their levels, they'll reupload. Otherwise, it's garbage that the dev forgot about and everyone else should too.
The thing about keeping levels based on votes isn't good because of alts. And tracking edited levels is basically impossible lol.

So on second thought, the only thing I agree with is purging the servers once every now and then lol

LeonardMan wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:09 pm
I learned something when I got into the Discord server: The reason there are no updates is because the entire dev team is busy with the MAGMML3 contest, and they won't go back to MMM until the contest is finished. Almost 150 levels have been submitted, so they will have to play through ALL of them and rate them. We're not gonna have v1.5 anytime soon.
What a waste of time lol
MAGMML2 had like 10 good levels out of 100+ of piles of garbage. Idk why they blindly accept any submission thrown at them when half the levels are some 12 year old experimenting with stock assets and calling it a finished product
I agree with everything here, Megamanmaker is a way better thing than Magmml3. And they should focus on MMM.
MM6 is the best MM game

YT Channel: BlizzardBoi

NO MORE BORDOM FOR 1.5 ITS HERE AT LAST YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYA

MegaFan13
Discord: SnappyBoi

Post by MegaFan13 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:48 pm

Bean man wrote:
Brazencoronet17 wrote:

I remember when they used to do this, those were the good old days
MM6 is the best MM game

YT Channel: BlizzardBoi

NO MORE BORDOM FOR 1.5 ITS HERE AT LAST YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYA

DoctorLumen

Post by DoctorLumen » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:00 pm

14Protoman wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:56 am
Or is it me, or is it that we are all already bored and do not know what to do? We are already in the instance in which there are no ideas to make levels, nor is the game fun, nor do they even add a single new one
announcement, I do not know what else to do with the game. When I start a level does not amuse me, I already memorized all the enemies, gimmicks and bosses, and there are many children who do not know how to create levels, I do not know what else follows.
I've definitely seen a drop in interest in the current iteration of the game (as good as it is). I think a lot of people are waiting for the next version and not doing much with what we have.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:21 pm

DoctorLumen wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:00 pm
14Protoman wrote:
Or is it me, or is it that we are all already bored and do not know what to do? We are already in the instance in which there are no ideas to make levels, nor is the game fun, nor do they even add a single new one
announcement, I do not know what else to do with the game. When I start a level does not amuse me, I already memorized all the enemies, gimmicks and bosses, and there are many children who do not know how to create levels, I do not know what else follows.
I've definitely seen a drop in interest in the current iteration of the game (as good as it is). I think a lot of people are waiting for the next version and not doing much with what we have.
I know, and that's why I have a new idea. See my topic and maybe you're interested.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6956#p62879

TrashMan69

Post by TrashMan69 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:47 pm

am i the only one who still isn't bored with this game?
Trash Tower Stages:
Stage 1
Stage 2
Stages 3-4: WIP
Special Stage: ???

6/10/19 The Day Light Was Cast onto the Shad0ws

Yoshi2018

Post by Yoshi2018 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 pm

14Protoman wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:21 pm
DoctorLumen wrote:
14Protoman wrote:
I know, and that's why I have a new idea. See my topic and maybe you're interested.
How does that solve their problem?
TrashMan69 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:47 pm
no
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:37 am

Yoshi2018 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 pm
14Protoman wrote:
DoctorLumen wrote:

TrashMan69 wrote:
no
I explain how this would work:
Many aspire to make a game with MMM but see that they can not, so, I give them the idea of how they can do it, they are many very difficult things, but I think I will upload a video to You Tube so they can see a preview of how it will be.
Does anyone know how to put several videos together?

Yoshi2018

Post by Yoshi2018 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:27 am

14Protoman wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:37 am
Yoshi2018 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 pm
14Protoman wrote:

TrashMan69 wrote:
no
I explain how this would work:
Many aspire to make a game with MMM but see that they can not, so, I give them the idea of how they can do it, they are many very difficult things, but I think I will upload a video to You Tube so they can see a preview of how it will be.
Does anyone know how to put several videos together?
Use Windows Movie Maker.
I am inactive. If you see me, consider yourself unlucky.

Brazencoronet17

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:43 pm

NeoRizer wrote:

Your idea is trash: Super Mario Maker, wiping people's levels, is doing a bad thing. It's about creativity, not good levels. There are plenty of great levels in MMM: Your "suggestion" is a biased exaggeration. 5 levels? And you can't reupload? That's ridiculous. You're ridiculous. Banning from uploading, only one upload per week? That will kill the concept of creating levels! If MMM's really in the condition you say it is, this would make it worse: Online would die, and eventually people would just share levels via MediaFire (if they shared levels at all) and MMM would turn into a glorifed Mega engine.

This is a worse suggestion than Doraemon in MMM, and that's saying something. If you won't accept this is a community, get out of here.

DAS

Post by DAS » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:03 am

I don't think there is a shortage of good levels. I do think that there are many good levels that don't get recognized by the community enough. There are less good levels than there were, but I still think they are very commonly seen.

I've always seen a good Mega Man level as a very challenging level, but the problems still have a clear answer.

(I say as I have two troll levels on my profile.)
SMM2 is super hype!

In case you're wondering, Lucky 7 is a private group not open to new members. Koopciel and I are the only representatives on the MMM Forums.

Getan Und Gesagt

NeoRizer

Post by NeoRizer » Sun May 19, 2019 1:01 am

Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:43 pm
NeoRizer wrote:

Your idea is trash: Super Mario Maker, wiping people's levels, is doing a bad thing. It's about creativity, not good levels. There are plenty of great levels in MMM: Your "suggestion" is a biased exaggeration. 5 levels? And you can't reupload? That's ridiculous. You're ridiculous. Banning from uploading, only one upload per week? That will kill the concept of creating levels! If MMM's really in the condition you say it is, this would make it worse: Online would die, and eventually people would just share levels via MediaFire (if they shared levels at all) and MMM would turn into a glorifed Mega engine.

This is a worse suggestion than Doraemon in MMM, and that's saying something. If you won't accept this is a community, get out of here.
A community of shills and autists it seems judging by your post. You're probably one of those people who makes a flat 6 screen level and a boss with a primary weakness as the Mega Buster.... This is what 90% of the levels online consist of. Maybe actually go online and try some of the levels in the recently uploaded tab and see for yourself instead of being an elitist and only sharing ID levels with your "friends".

You're also very a welcoming individual by telling me to "get out of this community" ... lol.. yeah I wouldn't be a serious part of it if you paid me. I was merely suggesting the way things are handled online with the uploading is in a really bad state... get over it, people are allowed to have opinions, you didn't like mine, go cry some more about it.

Also it should be about quality levels not "creativity" ... "creativity" gets you auto levels and musical garbage like the Mario Maker servers, completely killed the entire game for regular users, sorry not everyone has aspergers syndrome.

Brazencoronet17

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Sun May 19, 2019 1:24 am

NeoRizer wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:01 am
Brazencoronet17 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:43 pm
NeoRizer wrote:

A community of shills and autists it seems judging by your post. You're probably one of those people who makes a flat 6 screen level and a boss with a primary weakness as the Mega Buster.... This is what 90% of the levels online consist of. Maybe actually go online and try some of the levels in the recently uploaded tab and see for yourself instead of being an elitist and only sharing ID levels with your "friends".

You're also very a welcoming individual by telling me to "get out of this community" ... lol.. yeah I wouldn't be a serious part of it if you paid me. I was merely suggesting the way things are handled online with the uploading is in a really bad state... get over it, people are allowed to have opinions, you didn't like mine, go cry some more about it.

Also it should be about quality levels not "creativity" ... "creativity" gets you auto levels and musical garbage like the Mario Maker servers, completely killed the entire game for regular users, sorry not everyone has aspergers syndrome.
Nice job responding like 3 months later!

Lol. So you're saying creativity should not be encouraged, and MMM should just be tremic1 levels? Maker games are about creativity. obviously, you think that filtering would happen, it would destroy the game As trashy as spam levels are, they are foundation. These are people expressing themselves.

You'll just insult users who are using the game to make what they want, believing that 3/4 of the levels should be destroyed becuase you re upset. Just make your own levels are found quality ones here.

Filtering kills a maker game, not helps it. You are getting upset over the game, so I'm suprised you're even trying to defend it. I guess you'd like it if robots took overour world and chipped our brains! Mega Man... no, everything wouldn't even exist if it weren't for creativity so basically you oppose the structures that make up our lives.

Now, since it's been 3 months since I last talked about this, I'll just leave you to complain.