Questions on stage creation rules.

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
SolarFluxation

Questions on stage creation rules.

Post by SolarFluxation » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:26 am

Are there any rules anywhere that explicitly state recreation of stages from an actual Mega Man game will result in the loss of ability to upload stages or something of that magnitude? I am making a Mega Man 2 Stage Rush where you go through all of the stages and beat all of the bosses. And all of the stages are going to be the same as they were in Mega man 2. Just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't get my account suspended because I didn't think twice about rules and such.

MegaFan13
Discord: SnappyBoi

Re: Questions on stage creation rules.

Post by MegaFan13 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:39 am

What? You can literally do anything you want, I’ve seen people place out stuff like “shade man gets nutted on by bubble man” n stuff, also remakes. You will be fine mate
MM6 is the best MM game

YT Channel: BlizzardBoi

Crystal Optic

Post by Crystal Optic » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:12 am

I believe you should be fine. I mean, there's tons and tons of World 1-1 remakes, so why worry about Mega Man level remakes ?
I'm just a young Mega Man fan that discovered that game the day before 1.0.0 came out.
Oh, and I love Crystal Eye, if that wasn't obivious with my profile picture and name.

V1ralGam3r
Discord: #1787

Post by V1ralGam3r » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:43 pm

You can, but there's absolutely no reason to. We can easily load up a ROM of whatever MM game, and it'll have all the assets in it as they were.

You're playing a Maker game, dude. Don't be afraid to be creative. :)
Knight needs caffeine badly.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:22 am

I believe copying/theft of other people's level is punishable, as I've seen examples of it happening in the past, but other than that, I'm pretty sure you have free reign to make just about whatever you want.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.