(Supposedly) Deconfirmed Features that aren't listed

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
UlticraftMTT
Discord: MettatonEX#9160

(Supposedly) Deconfirmed Features that aren't listed

Post by UlticraftMTT » Wed May 01, 2019 4:15 am

So, i have watched the Feedback/Suggestions and Feedback Discussion tabs in the Discord, and there are a couple of features that have either been verbally deconfirmed but not actually on the list yet, unlikely due to different issues, or seen as ridiculous by most people on the suggestions channels.

I'm not a developer, and i'm not saying all of these are impossible, but i'm just saying that most of these probably won't be in.

-W Tanks
-Autoscrolling
-Any block that contains letters besides King and Stardroid plates
-Mega Man Legends, Star Force, Battle Network, ZX, and Zero content
-Non-Weapon cameo content (Examples: Mario as a playable character, Goombas as enemies, Metroid Tilesets)
-Double Gear System
-Manual Tiling (I personally don't want this to be truly deconfirmed though, but i see why it might not be coming to the game)
-9 and 10 Palette Swap for Mega Man
-Foreground and Background Layer
-Mac or Linux Ports
-Ability to place Water inside Spikes
-Editor Zoom
-Ability to use the buster while a weapon is equipped like in Mega Man 8
-Slopes

Bosses that probably wouldn't work well with Customized Terrain/Bosses that can't be in because of other features being deconfirmed:

-Gravity Man, Throughout nearly the entire fight, he utilizes a deconfirmed feature.
-Freeze Man, Freezing the floor could be a huge problem. There aren't any enemies in Mega Man Maker that actually change the terrain type. There are ones that destroy it though.
-Ground Man, Just watch a video of his fight, you'll see how ridiculous it is.
-Uranus, He brings down a section of the ceiling to crush you in the original game. People say this could be done by borrowing code from Quick Lasers or Wood Man's leaves, but even then i still don't think it would be easy to get this in at all. If they had to remove the ceiling crush attack, then Uranus would act almost exactly like Guts Man and it would honestly be a better choice to just put Guts Man in the game instead if that's the case.
-Some Mega Man 11 Bosses with their Double Gear Attacks intact, Block Man and Impact Man would mainly have this problem. Blast Man and Tundra Man shouldn't have too much problems.
-Most Wily Bosses, Stationary Bosses like the Mechazaurus and Tako Trash might work, Bosses who were arenas themselves like the Picopico-Kun, Kamegoro Maker, and Block Devil might work and could have arrangeable pieces, some Wily Capsules might work, and some Devils might work.

Drill Man, Centaur Man, Galaxy Man, and Saturn are not on the list as Teleporting has been deemed possible by Astro Man. (Fun Fact: In Mega Man 4, Drill Man actually does teleport technically, he just does a drill animation and then teleports to where the player is)

Oil Man, Slash Man, Sword Man, Blade Man, and Pluto are not on the list as Wall Clinging has been deemed possible and Wall Jumping may have been deemed possible by Grenade Man.

Heat Man and Yamato Man apparently don't work on uneven terrain in their original forms, but both Yamato Man and Heat Man should be able to be changed enough to where they work but still act almost exactly the same. Charge Man and Top Man don't work well on uneven terrain but the reason why they were added is because they can still harm players even when on uneven terrain.

I am aware that the team can add who and whatever they do or don't want to add. These are just my personal outlooks.

This can be moved to a different category if it needs to. I'm also okay with this being locked if it has to. I was giving some advice for people who suggest content.
Last edited by UlticraftMTT on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

TFS The Gaming

Re: (Supposedly) Deconfirmed Features that aren't listed

Post by TFS The Gaming » Wed May 01, 2019 6:39 am

UlticraftMTT wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:15 am
So, i have watched the Feedback/Suggestions and Feedback Discussion tabs in the Discord, and there are a couple of features that have either been verbally deconfirmed but not actually on the list yet, unlikely due to different issues, or seen as ridiculous by most people on the suggestions channels.

I'm not a developer, and i'm not saying all of these are impossible, but i'm just saying that most of these probably won't be in.

-W Tanks
-Autoscrolling
-Mega Man Legends, Star Force, Battle Network, and Zero content
-Non-Weapon cameo content (Examples: Mario as a playable character, Goombas as enemies, Metroid Tilesets)
-Double Gear System
-Manual Tiling
-Foreground Layer
-Mac or Linux Ports
-Editor Zoom

Bosses that probably wouldn't work well with Customized Terrain/Bosses that can't be in because of other features being deconfirmed:

-Gravity Man, Throughout nearly the entire fight, he utilizes a deconfirmed feature.
-Freeze Man, Freezing the floor could be a huge problem. There aren't any enemies in Mega Man Maker that actually change the terrain type. There are ones that destroy it though.
-Uranus, He brings down a section of the ceiling to crush you in the original game. People say this could be done by borrowing code from Quick Lasers or Wood Man's leaves, but even then i still don't think it would be easy to get this in at all. If they had to remove the ceiling crush attack, then Uranus would act almost exactly like Guts Man and it would honestly be a better choice to just put Guts Man in the game instead if that's the case.
-Some Mega Man 11 Bosses with their Double Gear Attacks intact, Block Man and Impact Man would mainly have this problem. Blast Man and Tundra Man shouldn't have too much problems.
-Most Wily Bosses, Stationary Bosses like the Mechazaurus and Tako Trash might work, Bosses who were arenas themselves like the Picopico-Kun, Kamegoro Maker, and Block Devil might work and could have arrangeable pieces, some Wily Capsules might work, and some Devils might work.

Drill Man, Centaur Man, Galaxy Man, and Saturn are not on the list as Teleporting has been deemed possible by Astro Man. (Fun Fact: In Mega Man 4, Drill Man actually does teleport technically, he just does a drill animation and then teleports to where the player is)

Oil Man, Slash Man, Sword Man, Blade Man, and Pluto are not on the list as Wall Clinging has been deemed possible and Wall Jumping may have been deemed possible by Grenade Man.

Heat Man and Yamato Man apparently don't work on uneven terrain in their original forms, but both Yamato Man and Heat Man should be able to be changed enough to where they work but still act almost exactly the same. Charge Man and Top Man don't work well on uneven terrain but the reason why they were added is because they can still harm players even when on uneven terrain.

I am aware that the team can add who and whatever they do or don't want to add. These are just my personal outlooks.

This can be moved to a different category if it needs to. I'm also okay with this being locked if it has to. I was giving some advice for people who suggest content.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! NOW I AM ANGRY BECAUSE OF YOU?! :evil:

TFS The Gaming

Post by TFS The Gaming » Wed May 01, 2019 6:47 am

TFS The Gaming wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:39 am
UlticraftMTT wrote:

-W Tanks
-Autoscrolling
-Double Gear System
-Manual Tiling
-Foreground Layer
-Mac or Linux Ports
-Editor Zoom

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! ARE YOU CRAZY?! NOW I AM ANGRY BECAUSE OF YOU?! :evil:

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Wed May 01, 2019 7:03 am

UlticraftMTT wrote:
-W Tanks
As far as I'm aware, W-Tanks where "soft-deconfirmed" by Luigi in the Discord during the time of v1.4.2.1, but he said he would reconsider their addition if the engine was ever updated, which it was as of v1.5.0. I'm not aware if any statements with regards to the status of W-Tanks have been made since then though.

UlticraftMTT

Post by UlticraftMTT » Wed May 01, 2019 7:31 am

TFS The Gaming wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:47 am
TFS The Gaming wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:39 am
UlticraftMTT wrote:

-W Tanks
-Autoscrolling
-Double Gear System
-Manual Tiling
-Foreground Layer
-Mac or Linux Ports
-Editor Zoom

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! ARE YOU CRAZY?! NOW I AM ANGRY BECAUSE OF YOU?! :evil:

I am not trying to be hostile. I looked at everything with honesty and predicted what might work and what might not.

Buster
Discord: Buster#2302

Post by Buster » Wed May 01, 2019 11:20 am

UlticraftMTT wrote:
-W Tanks
Indeed soft-deconfirmed, but solely because the menu UI doesn't have enough room.
UlticraftMTT wrote:
And message boxes and level comments, for the same reason of not letting people say offensive or nsfw things.
UlticraftMTT wrote:
Zero and ZX content has been unofficially hard-deconfirmed, and is actually also what the "no X content" meant. BN, SF and Legends content is at least for now soft-deconfirmed since they want to focus on classic content, but considering Network Transmission, I think we may at least see some BN assets eventually.
UlticraftMTT wrote:
-Double Gear System
Speed Gear may be a thing if they decide it isn't redundant to or doesn't make Time Slow redundant, but Power Gear is indeed soft-deconfirmed, because they'd have to make power gear versions of all weapons in the game. Which not only is a lot of work, it's also a ton of inventing new things and balancing them.
UlticraftMTT wrote:
-Manual Tiling
I think the reason was the UI design for that would be extremely cluttered.
UlticraftMTT wrote:
-Mac or Linux Ports
They said it's a lot of work to port a game onto other systems, and I agree.
UlticraftMTT wrote:
Apparently then they'd need to give all spikes new skins for all types of water... ouch.
UlticraftMTT wrote:
-Editor Zoom
Soft-deconfirmed because they'd have to make tiny versions of all assets.
A fangame Soon™ to be announced, maybe.

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Wed May 01, 2019 3:50 pm

UlticraftMTT wrote:

-W Tanks
-Autoscrolling
-Double Gear System
-Manual Tiling
-Foreground Layer
-Mac or Linux Ports
-Editor Zoom

Actually waiting for the power gear system for more than 70 weapons is unrealistic, perhaps only for Megaman 11 weapons.

Foreground layer would be really cool, it's a pity if it's not possible.

I think Centaur man would have problems because the teleport that he uses really takes him to another place on the screen, Astroman actually does not teleport just has an animation but he reappear at the same point.

Wall jumps or contact with the wall can be simulated even if it has no wall but just has the screen division, as is the case of Concrete man and Granade man.

I think Block man with the giant form is inapplicable in the game, if he will be inserted it will have to be without it and in this case I do not think it's worth it.

Torch man seems to me that would work well in MMM in my opinion.

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Wed May 01, 2019 5:15 pm

UlticraftMTT wrote:

-Mac or Linux Ports
Luigi said that Wrecking is trying to make the game able to run on any computer. For now you have to use Wine but a Mac or Linux port is very possible.

Nigel Chinclucker

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Wed May 01, 2019 7:09 pm

Buster wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:20 am
UlticraftMTT wrote:
Zero and ZX content has been unofficially hard-deconfirmed, and is actually also what the "no X content" meant. BN, SF and Legends content is at least for now soft-deconfirmed since they want to focus on classic content, but considering Network Transmission, I think we may at least see some BN assets eventually.
If X content is deconfirmed, why would they demake any assets from other series? Network Transmission plays like a platformer, sure, but the X, Zero, and ZX series are platformers by default, and they're not being added. It wouldn't be fair.
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

Gbdnhb

Post by Gbdnhb » Sat May 04, 2019 2:34 pm

UlticraftMTT wrote:
Most wily bosses are rooms, stationary bosses and Wily capsules.

Diamond Wolf
Discord: Diamond_Miner33#9310

Post by Diamond Wolf » Sat May 04, 2019 4:45 pm

Buster wrote:
UlticraftMTT wrote:
Apparently then they'd need to give all spikes new skins for all types of water... ouch.
Since they have transparency, all they'd need to do is draw water behind the spikes.
Buster wrote:
UlticraftMTT wrote:
-Editor Zoom
Soft-deconfirmed because they'd have to make tiny versions of all assets.
They can also simply play with viewports/view matrices (depending on whether this is still in Studio 1 or was ported to 2 - this was ported to Studio 2 for version 1.5, right?). If you simply track scaling, a small amount of math will allow you to change a couple values and create a decent zoom system. This also means you're not locked to however many zooms you are willing to create assets for - you can zoom to basically anything (though IIRC GameMaker doesn't like being zoomed out by a ton - but it seems like it can handle a factor of 3 or 4 with no problems).

Selling stuff!
SMHCP chips
SHCMP chips
Hologhost ER

#StopSuicideNow

KRDrive

Post by KRDrive » Sat May 04, 2019 8:18 pm

Can I borrow your post a moment? Yoink!
I assume the fact a couple Smash Bros weapons exists as well as Cirno's Perfect Freeze doesn't outright deconfirms them. Just makes it very unlikely to happen.
For these I think reimagination would be necessary. And here's how I'd propose:
  • Gravity Man would be able to flip HIS own gravity. But as for Mega he could tamper the gravity in a number of different ways: Send Mega Man slamming into the ceiling (negative gravity) and have him stick there in "jumping" animation, as if he were being carried by those magnets guy, being able to barely influence his own horizontal position; take the "Power Battle & Fighters route where it would be reimagined to work like a shot that stuns Mega and then shoots him up (if he was on ground) or down (if he was on air), causing damage from impact
  • Freeze Man, instead of changing terrain type, just have the ice wave leave up an ice mist that mimics the icy floor. mechanic on contact.
  • Ground Man's "dig all around" could go to hell for all I care. It would allow for a more interesting fight too (and maybe the massive drill could be a desperation where he summons the drill at regular intervals?)
  • Uranus could bring the crusher in two different ways: first is as you proposed, combining Quick Laser and Wood Man's leaves. Or could cause debris to fall off from offscreen in a random pattern (like Grenade Man, but the debris having smaller hitbox and being more abundant).
  • IF Double Gear is implemented, that is. Otherwise their usual routine is good too!

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sat May 04, 2019 8:46 pm

Diamond Wolf wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:45 pm
Buster wrote:
UlticraftMTT wrote:
Since they have transparency, all they'd need to do is draw water behind the spikes.
I believe, because of the way the editor works, only one type of entity can occupy a tile on the map grid at a time, two entities can not occupy the same tile on the map grid.

How does this related to Spike tiles and Water Source tiles? Both Spike tiles and Water Source tiles are an entity, therefore they can't occupy the same tile on the map grid.

Is there a way to truely fix this issue or find a workaround? Probably, but it would likely take a lot of time and effort. Make a brand new level object entity, that functions as BOTH a Spike and as a Water Source at the same time. The problem that might come with this is that there would need to be skins made to represent every Water type and Spike type combination, and that would likely be why it would take so long to implement.

Diamond Wolf
Discord: Diamond_Miner33#9310

Post by Diamond Wolf » Sat May 04, 2019 8:57 pm

I meant something in the spike's draw event that says "if there is a water tile one tile above me draw water one depth layer under me". Either way, GameMaker can handle one object on top of another; the entity overlapping issue is something the devs added, and it is only checked on level load. There is nothing stopping water from being drawn (or even placed) in the same tile as far as GM is concerned.

By the way, if you have water above a spike, the spike becomes waterlogged, so this is something they already technically have in the game.

Selling stuff!
SMHCP chips
SHCMP chips
Hologhost ER

#StopSuicideNow

supersmashgaming
Discord: supersmashgaming#0082

Post by supersmashgaming » Sun May 05, 2019 1:15 am

Fanduber III wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:02 am
Mega Man? should be added into Deconfirmed Features list because of my personal reasons.
Fandubers. You can make them illegal but they still show up to ruin everything. :x
Find all keys REMAKE Original By: Bily195 ID: 232686
Mega Man NETA 1-2 ID: 306709
Banzai Woman

Fanduber IV

Post by Fanduber IV » Sun May 05, 2019 9:00 am

supersmashgaming wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:15 am
Fanduber III wrote:
Mega Man? should be added into Deconfirmed Features list because of my personal reasons.
Fandubers. You can make them illegal but they still show up to ruin everything. :x
You know: Mega Man? pissed me off on my MM8BDM gameplay. Then here's how I suggests to decofirm Mega Man?

supersmashgaming
Discord: supersmashgaming#0082

Post by supersmashgaming » Sun May 05, 2019 11:06 am

Fanduber IV wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 9:00 am
supersmashgaming wrote:
Fanduber III wrote:
You know: Mega Man? pissed me off on my MM8BDM gameplay. Then here's how I suggests to decofirm Mega Man?
Like I said they keep on coming.
Find all keys REMAKE Original By: Bily195 ID: 232686
Mega Man NETA 1-2 ID: 306709
Banzai Woman

Fanduber V

Post by Fanduber V » Mon May 06, 2019 7:12 am

supersmashgaming wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:06 am
Fanduber IV wrote:
supersmashgaming wrote:

I say AGAIN: Mega Man? REALLY pissed me off on my MM8BDM gameplay. So there's why I have to suggests to decofirm Mega Man? for good!

UlticraftMTT

Post by UlticraftMTT » Mon May 06, 2019 7:18 am

Fanduber V wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:12 am
supersmashgaming wrote:
Fanduber IV wrote:

I say AGAIN: Mega Man? REALLY pissed me off on my MM8BDM gameplay. So there's why I have to suggests to decofirm Mega Man? for good!
You are not a developer, therefore you can't deconfirm anything. Mega Man?'s boss fight in MM8BDM actually pissed me off too and i skipped it by editing save files, but that doesn't mean you have to force the deconfirmation of a feature on others. I also hate Hard Man but i don't want Hard Man removed from Mega Man Maker because he can be used for interesting boss fights.

also why the fuck do you keep coming back you Malaysian manchild

MisterRhoney

Post by MisterRhoney » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:27 am

UlticraftMTT wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:18 am
Fanduber V wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:12 am
supersmashgaming wrote:

You are not a developer, therefore you can't deconfirm anything. Mega Man?'s boss fight in MM8BDM actually pissed me off too and i skipped it by editing save files, but that doesn't mean you have to force the deconfirmation of a feature on others. I also hate Hard Man but i don't want Hard Man removed from Mega Man Maker because he can be used for interesting boss fights.

also why the fuck do you keep coming back you Malaysian manchild
I used invincibility cheats to fight him because his second fight was too frustrating for me, and I wanted to tear him apart myself instead of skipping him and letting him off the hook easy.