Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
Omega Man

Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Post by Omega Man » Wed May 22, 2019 11:46 am

In Mega Man Maker from every game we had at least six or seven weapons but MM7 got only three.
1.6 has been announced and I hope for more MM7 weapons.
I'm evil.....kinda.

Good Team

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Post by Good Team » Wed May 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Add The Slash Claw, Thunder Bolt, Freeze Cracker, Junk Shield & Scorch Wheel Please?

02gn
Discord: *02gn*#5656

Post by 02gn » Wed May 22, 2019 2:16 pm

Good Team wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:56 pm
Add The Slash Claw, Thunder Bolt, Freeze Cracker, Junk Shield & Scorch Wheel Please?
So just all weapons huh?
Imo I would only like to see:
Freeze Cracker - for more ice weps
Thunder Bolt - for more elec weps
Junk Shield - for an unique shield
MMM broke for me and I think I'm ending playing it.

For now......

Bean man
Discord: Bean man#9687

Post by Bean man » Wed May 22, 2019 5:49 pm

Freeze cracker but the damage is buffed from 1.5 to 2 making it not nearly as situational.

Okay yes alright okay

I now have an absolutely horrifying™ poorly made hockey mask for October.

Napalm Crusher

Post by Napalm Crusher » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:30 pm

Junk Shield would fit well in MMM
I'm only a guy who wants to see Junk Shield in Mega Man Maker... that's it.

South Text

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:39 pm

I agree with 02gn on Freeze Cracker and Thunder Bolt, for the same reasons, and with Bean Man in buffing Freeze Cracker's damage, 'cause slow weapons like that need to be more powerful.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:11 pm

Also hoping to see more MM7 sooner rather than later. I'd like to see...

*Freeze Cracker - It's 3 direction aimable shot and multi-shot when it hits a wall is very unique
*Junk Shield - An interestingly unique shield due to it's behavior as a shield.

Honestly the rest of MM7 weapons (that are not already added) seem kind of meh in their default state. Thunder Bolt is the only other mildly interesting one to me with it's split shot when hitting an enemy which is unique.

Slash Claw is a less interesting Flame Sword. Scorch Wheel seems like a generic shield type weapon. :| The Devs would need to modify these weapons to make them unique versus their similar counterparts to make them useful/unique/interesting.

Here's some inspiration for Junk Shield (and at the end, Freeze Cracker)!

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:56 pm

Maybe someday...

Freeze Cracker can have its damage output increased, like Bean man said.

Junk Shield doesn't need any changes, as it is a durable, offense-based shield that tears through non-shielded enemies.

Thunder Bolt is a decent weapon, but unlike in MM7, not many objects in MMM interact with electricity, which takes away several of interesting attributes.

Slash Claw is faster than Flame Sword, but has less vertical range/no fire typing. A better option would be to rebuff MMM's F. Sword to do 2 units of damage per frame (so that the full attack would do 6 units).

And finally, Scorch Wheel is a shield/crawling hybrid weapon that fails when used in water. Although it's a fire weapon, it's unique to the other ones, and there are many ways it can be improved (probably deserves its own thread).
Waiting for King Knight and The Delicious Last Course (and 1.6).
Levels:
Darkness Crypt - Megaman (339203)
Excitement Emporium - Megaman (339627)
Trinitro Towers - Megaman (344128)
Cascade Pipeway - Megaman (349271)
Doc Wave V.2 (350661)

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:48 pm

D-man wrote:Slash Claw is faster than Flame Sword, but has less vertical range/no fire typing. A better option would be to rebuff MMM's F. Sword to do 2 units of damage per frame (so that the full attack would do 6 units).
A better version of Slash Claw in my opinion would be Tengu Blade from MegaMan & Bass. You get the Slash ability, plus it can throw a projectile, plus it can do a dash attack.
And finally, Scorch Wheel is a shield/crawling hybrid weapon that fails when used in water. Although it's a fire weapon, it's unique to the other ones, and there are many ways it can be improved (probably deserves its own thread).
Scorch Wheel's hybrid shield/crawling status is unique I suppose, but it's best uses were MM7 level specific (like lighting up a room or burning trees).

Here's an idea!! :idea: Since it's a shield hybrid (each of MMM shields have specific buffs) how about giving it an ability inspired by it's robot master Turbo man? When the player has the Scorch Wheel in shield mode the player's movement speed is slightly increased! 8-)

AppendixOfTheCards

Post by AppendixOfTheCards » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:32 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:48 pm
D-man wrote:Slash Claw is faster than Flame Sword, but has less vertical range/no fire typing. A better option would be to rebuff MMM's F. Sword to do 2 units of damage per frame (so that the full attack would do 6 units).
A better version of Slash Claw in my opinion would be Tengu Blade from MegaMan & Bass. You get the Slash ability, plus it can throw a projectile, plus it can do a dash attack.
I want all three. We need a default "Sword" like we have a default buster - it does what it does well and nothing more. That is what Slash Claw should be: potent damage output, rapid rate of attack, minimal range & mobility. Flame Sword should be the strongest damage output but lower attack and mobility, and Tengu Blade the other end of the spectrum.

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:39 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Yes, very much yes. When the time comes for the devs to consider MM&B content, this is the one weapon I would like to see the most.
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Scorch Wheel's hybrid shield/crawling status is unique I suppose, but it's best uses were MM7 level specific (like lighting up a room or burning trees).

Here's an idea!! :idea: Since it's a shield hybrid (each of MMM shields have specific buffs) how about giving it an ability inspired by it's robot master Turbo man? When the player has the Scorch Wheel in shield mode the player's movement speed is slightly increased! 8-)
I recall seeing an idea like that one being discussed in #feedback-and-suggestions on MMM's Discord. This, combined with being able to hold the Wheel indefinetely would make it function similarly to Hell Wheel from Rockman 4 MI. Finally, it should be able to be used underwater, as every other fire weapon currently in MMM can.
Levels:
Doc Wave V.2 (350661)

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:59 am

D-man wrote:
Blue_Bummer wrote:Here's an idea!! :idea: Since it's a shield hybrid (each of MMM shields have specific buffs) how about giving it an ability inspired by it's robot master Turbo man? When the player has the Scorch Wheel in shield mode the player's movement speed is slightly increased! 8-)
I recall seeing an idea like that one being discussed in #feedback-and-suggestions on MMM's Discord. This, combined with being able to hold the Wheel indefinetely would make it function similarly to Hell Wheel from Rockman 4 MI. Finally, it should be able to be used underwater, as every other fire weapon currently in MMM can.
I wouldn't want it as fast as Hell Wheel, just a slight speed buff for running/sliding/climbing. Fast enough you can notice it, but not wacky levels of speed. :P

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:05 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:59 am
D-man wrote:
Blue_Bummer wrote:Here's an idea!! :idea: Since it's a shield hybrid (each of MMM shields have specific buffs) how about giving it an ability inspired by it's robot master Turbo man? When the player has the Scorch Wheel in shield mode the player's movement speed is slightly increased! 8-)
I wouldn't want it as fast as Hell Wheel, just a slight speed buff for running/sliding/climbing. Fast enough you can notice it, but not wacky levels of speed. :P
Fair enough. I suppose it should give enough speed to cross 6-tile wide gaps (just slightly less than a level-5 rain object would give) and would be less slippery.
Levels:
Doc Wave V.2 (350661)

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:53 pm

D-man wrote:Fair enough. I suppose it should give enough speed to cross 6-tile wide gaps (just slightly less than a level-5 rain object would give) and would be less slippery.
More speed would indeed give Mega Man more momentum for longer jumps, but I'm not looking for tile specific performance. More like a speed boost similar to the Shop Item enhancements of Mega Man 8.

Boosting MM's speed stats to as if he's using Hyper Slider, Step Booster, and a similar boost to his walking speed. Looking for a subtle speed change, nothing overtly dramatic.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:45 am

Had another idea to add to the Scorch Wheel relative to it's use in MM7. :idea:

Scorch Wheel could be used to light areas in Shade Man's stage by interacting with candles in the environment. This is a very limited use attribute.

Could Scorch Wheel be given the ability to light a dark room when it's in use? Like how a Changkey Maker (Hothead) in MM2 lights a room?

https://youtu.be/KuERde5uU8c?t=196

Whether a small speed buff, or lighting dark rooms, or both were added to Scorch Wheel these changes would make it a very fun and original asset to the roster of MMM weaponry.