Page 1 of 2

Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:46 am
by Omega Man
In Mega Man Maker from every game we had at least six or seven weapons but MM7 got only three.
1.6 has been announced and I hope for more MM7 weapons.

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:56 pm
by Good Team
Add The Slash Claw, Thunder Bolt, Freeze Cracker, Junk Shield & Scorch Wheel Please?

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:16 pm
by 02gn
Good Team wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:56 pm
Add The Slash Claw, Thunder Bolt, Freeze Cracker, Junk Shield & Scorch Wheel Please?
So just all weapons huh?
Imo I would only like to see:
Freeze Cracker - for more ice weps
Thunder Bolt - for more elec weps
Junk Shield - for an unique shield

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:49 pm
by Bean man
Freeze cracker but the damage is buffed from 1.5 to 2 making it not nearly as situational.

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:30 pm
by Napalm Crusher
Junk Shield would fit well in MMM

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:39 pm
by LeonardMan
I agree with 02gn on Freeze Cracker and Thunder Bolt, for the same reasons, and with Bean Man in buffing Freeze Cracker's damage, 'cause slow weapons like that need to be more powerful.

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:11 pm
by Blue_Bummer
Also hoping to see more MM7 sooner rather than later. I'd like to see...

*Freeze Cracker - It's 3 direction aimable shot and multi-shot when it hits a wall is very unique
*Junk Shield - An interestingly unique shield due to it's behavior as a shield.

Honestly the rest of MM7 weapons (that are not already added) seem kind of meh in their default state. Thunder Bolt is the only other mildly interesting one to me with it's split shot when hitting an enemy which is unique.

Slash Claw is a less interesting Flame Sword. Scorch Wheel seems like a generic shield type weapon. :| The Devs would need to modify these weapons to make them unique versus their similar counterparts to make them useful/unique/interesting.

Here's some inspiration for Junk Shield (and at the end, Freeze Cracker)!


Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:56 pm
by D-Man
Maybe someday...

Freeze Cracker can have its damage output increased, like Bean man said.

Junk Shield doesn't need any changes, as it is a durable, offense-based shield that tears through non-shielded enemies.

Thunder Bolt is a decent weapon, but unlike in MM7, not many objects in MMM interact with electricity, which takes away several of interesting attributes.

Slash Claw is faster than Flame Sword, but has less vertical range/no fire typing. A better option would be to rebuff MMM's F. Sword to do 2 units of damage per frame (so that the full attack would do 6 units).

And finally, Scorch Wheel is a shield/crawling hybrid weapon that fails when used in water. Although it's a fire weapon, it's unique to the other ones, and there are many ways it can be improved (probably deserves its own thread).

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:48 pm
by Blue_Bummer
D-man wrote:Slash Claw is faster than Flame Sword, but has less vertical range/no fire typing. A better option would be to rebuff MMM's F. Sword to do 2 units of damage per frame (so that the full attack would do 6 units).
A better version of Slash Claw in my opinion would be Tengu Blade from MegaMan & Bass. You get the Slash ability, plus it can throw a projectile, plus it can do a dash attack.
And finally, Scorch Wheel is a shield/crawling hybrid weapon that fails when used in water. Although it's a fire weapon, it's unique to the other ones, and there are many ways it can be improved (probably deserves its own thread).
Scorch Wheel's hybrid shield/crawling status is unique I suppose, but it's best uses were MM7 level specific (like lighting up a room or burning trees).

Here's an idea!! :idea: Since it's a shield hybrid (each of MMM shields have specific buffs) how about giving it an ability inspired by it's robot master Turbo man? When the player has the Scorch Wheel in shield mode the player's movement speed is slightly increased! 8-)

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:32 pm
by AppendixOfTheCards
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:48 pm
D-man wrote:Slash Claw is faster than Flame Sword, but has less vertical range/no fire typing. A better option would be to rebuff MMM's F. Sword to do 2 units of damage per frame (so that the full attack would do 6 units).
A better version of Slash Claw in my opinion would be Tengu Blade from MegaMan & Bass. You get the Slash ability, plus it can throw a projectile, plus it can do a dash attack.
I want all three. We need a default "Sword" like we have a default buster - it does what it does well and nothing more. That is what Slash Claw should be: potent damage output, rapid rate of attack, minimal range & mobility. Flame Sword should be the strongest damage output but lower attack and mobility, and Tengu Blade the other end of the spectrum.

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:39 pm
by D-Man
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:48 pm
A better version of Slash Claw in my opinion would be Tengu Blade from MegaMan & Bass. You get the Slash ability, plus it can throw a projectile, plus it can do a dash attack.
Yes, very much yes. When the time comes for the devs to consider MM&B content, this is the one weapon I would like to see the most.
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:48 pm
Scorch Wheel's hybrid shield/crawling status is unique I suppose, but it's best uses were MM7 level specific (like lighting up a room or burning trees).

Here's an idea!! :idea: Since it's a shield hybrid (each of MMM shields have specific buffs) how about giving it an ability inspired by it's robot master Turbo man? When the player has the Scorch Wheel in shield mode the player's movement speed is slightly increased! 8-)
I recall seeing an idea like that one being discussed in #feedback-and-suggestions on MMM's Discord. This, combined with being able to hold the Wheel indefinetely would make it function similarly to Hell Wheel from Rockman 4 MI. Finally, it should be able to be used underwater, as every other fire weapon currently in MMM can.

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:59 am
by Blue_Bummer
D-man wrote:
Blue_Bummer wrote:Here's an idea!! :idea: Since it's a shield hybrid (each of MMM shields have specific buffs) how about giving it an ability inspired by it's robot master Turbo man? When the player has the Scorch Wheel in shield mode the player's movement speed is slightly increased! 8-)
I recall seeing an idea like that one being discussed in #feedback-and-suggestions on MMM's Discord. This, combined with being able to hold the Wheel indefinetely would make it function similarly to Hell Wheel from Rockman 4 MI. Finally, it should be able to be used underwater, as every other fire weapon currently in MMM can.
I wouldn't want it as fast as Hell Wheel, just a slight speed buff for running/sliding/climbing. Fast enough you can notice it, but not wacky levels of speed. :P

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:05 pm
by D-Man
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:59 am
D-man wrote:
Blue_Bummer wrote:Here's an idea!! :idea: Since it's a shield hybrid (each of MMM shields have specific buffs) how about giving it an ability inspired by it's robot master Turbo man? When the player has the Scorch Wheel in shield mode the player's movement speed is slightly increased! 8-)
I recall seeing an idea like that one being discussed in #feedback-and-suggestions on MMM's Discord. This, combined with being able to hold the Wheel indefinetely would make it function similarly to Hell Wheel from Rockman 4 MI. Finally, it should be able to be used underwater, as every other fire weapon currently in MMM can.
I wouldn't want it as fast as Hell Wheel, just a slight speed buff for running/sliding/climbing. Fast enough you can notice it, but not wacky levels of speed. :P
Fair enough. I suppose it should give enough speed to cross 6-tile wide gaps (just slightly less than a level-5 rain object would give) and would be less slippery.

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:53 pm
by Blue_Bummer
D-man wrote:Fair enough. I suppose it should give enough speed to cross 6-tile wide gaps (just slightly less than a level-5 rain object would give) and would be less slippery.
More speed would indeed give Mega Man more momentum for longer jumps, but I'm not looking for tile specific performance. More like a speed boost similar to the Shop Item enhancements of Mega Man 8.

Boosting MM's speed stats to as if he's using Hyper Slider, Step Booster, and a similar boost to his walking speed. Looking for a subtle speed change, nothing overtly dramatic.

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:45 am
by Blue_Bummer
Had another idea to add to the Scorch Wheel relative to it's use in MM7. :idea:

Scorch Wheel could be used to light areas in Shade Man's stage by interacting with candles in the environment. This is a very limited use attribute.

Could Scorch Wheel be given the ability to light a dark room when it's in use? Like how a Changkey Maker (Hothead) in MM2 lights a room?

https://youtu.be/KuERde5uU8c?t=196

Whether a small speed buff, or lighting dark rooms, or both were added to Scorch Wheel these changes would make it a very fun and original asset to the roster of MMM weaponry.

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:36 am
by Blue_Bummer
Was kicking Scorch Wheel around in my head again..

A third option to give this weapon usefulness could be just simply be based off Scorch Wheel's native ability to set fire to certain things in Slash Man's stage.

The proposed ability is that when Scorch Wheel touches surfaces it leaves a small temporary trail of fire on the ground with each little flame lasting maybe 2 seconds. If enemies walk into the fire they take minimal damage.

Weakness: No flame trails left behind when used underwater. Weaker damage and life for Scorch Wheel itself underwater.

Bonus Proposal: If Mega Man has Scorch Wheel active and circling him everywhere he runs he leaves little temporary flames on the ground.

Image
Image from RockMan7. Fire trail pixels from MM4.

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:26 am
by Royalguard
02gn wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:16 pm
Good Team wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:56 pm
Add The Slash Claw, Thunder Bolt, Freeze Cracker, Junk Shield & Scorch Wheel Please?
So just all weapons huh?
Imo I would only like to see:
Freeze Cracker - for more ice weps
Thunder Bolt - for more elec weps
Junk Shield - for an unique shield
He didn't mention Proto Shield, thats technically a MM7 weapon.

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:50 pm
by Neo Cutman
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:36 am
Was kicking Scorch Wheel around in my head again..

A third option to give this weapon usefulness could be just simply be based off Scorch Wheel's native ability to set fire to certain things in Slash Man's stage.

The proposed ability is that when Scorch Wheel touches surfaces it leaves a small temporary trail of fire on the ground with each little flame lasting maybe 2 seconds. If enemies walk into the fire they take minimal damage.

Weakness: No flame trails left behind when used underwater. Weaker damage and life for Scorch Wheel itself underwater.

Bonus Proposal: If Mega Man has Scorch Wheel active and circling him everywhere he runs he leaves little temporary flames on the ground.

Image
Image from RockMan7. Fire trail pixels from MM4.

This idea for the Scorch Wheel is very good.

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:22 pm
by Blue_Bummer
Neo Cutman wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:50 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:36 am
Was kicking Scorch Wheel around in my head again..

A third option to give this weapon usefulness could be just simply be based off Scorch Wheel's native ability to set fire to certain things in Slash Man's stage.

The proposed ability is that when Scorch Wheel touches surfaces it leaves a small temporary trail of fire on the ground with each little flame lasting maybe 2 seconds. If enemies walk into the fire they take minimal damage.

Weakness: No flame trails left behind when used underwater. Weaker damage and life for Scorch Wheel itself underwater.

Bonus Proposal: If Mega Man has Scorch Wheel active and circling him everywhere he runs he leaves little temporary flames on the ground.

Image
Image from RockMan7. Fire trail pixels from MM4.

This idea for the Scorch Wheel is very good.
Thank you! :)

Honestly this is my favorite out of my ideas that struck me in relation to Scorch Wheel. Truthfully I think a more perfect version of Scorch Wheel would be to disregard the speed boost idea I mentioned earlier.. To better honor it's traits from MM7 could be the combination of the following...

* Light Dark Rooms (because it could light torches in Shade Man Level)
* Flame Trails (because it could set fire to Slash Man Level)

I thought of something else interesting for it that relates to the Slash Man Level that could be unique as a fire weapon and be really fun..

Image

Set fire to and mass burn specific level objects.

Like how the fire spreads and engulfs the trees in Slash Man's stage, setup certain specific objects to be coded to be flammable to Scorch Wheel. Once set aflame, if another flammable object is in contact to the ignited object, then the flame spreads completely destroying all adjacent objects in a gradual spreading of the flames. 8-)

Destroyable objects that could be coded to be flammable-susceptible (spreads flames) via Scorch Wheel could include..

* Scorch Wheel Blocks
* Dust Blocks
* Bari Blocks

Of course TNT block fuses and Oil could be ignited by Scorch Wheel just like with other flame weapons.

Re: Mega Man Maker needs more weapons from MM7

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:45 pm
by Neo Cutman
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:22 pm
Neo Cutman wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:50 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:36 am
Was kicking Scorch Wheel around in my head again..

A third option to give this weapon usefulness could be just simply be based off Scorch Wheel's native ability to set fire to certain things in Slash Man's stage.

The proposed ability is that when Scorch Wheel touches surfaces it leaves a small temporary trail of fire on the ground with each little flame lasting maybe 2 seconds. If enemies walk into the fire they take minimal damage.

Weakness: No flame trails left behind when used underwater. Weaker damage and life for Scorch Wheel itself underwater.

Bonus Proposal: If Mega Man has Scorch Wheel active and circling him everywhere he runs he leaves little temporary flames on the ground.

Image
Image from RockMan7. Fire trail pixels from MM4.

This idea for the Scorch Wheel is very good.
Thank you! :)

Honestly this is my favorite out of my ideas that struck me in relation to Scorch Wheel. Truthfully I think a more perfect version of Scorch Wheel would be to disregard the speed boost idea I mentioned earlier.. To better honor it's traits from MM7 could be the combination of the following...

* Light Dark Rooms (because it could light torches in Shade Man Level)
* Flame Trails (because it could set fire to Slash Man Level)

I thought of something else interesting for it that relates to the Slash Man Level that could be unique as a fire weapon and be really fun..

Image

Set fire to and mass burn specific level objects.

Like how the fire spreads and engulfs the trees in Slash Man's stage, setup certain specific objects to be coded to be flammable to Scorch Wheel. Once set aflame, if another flammable object is in contact to the ignited object, then the flame spreads completely destroying all adjacent objects in a gradual spreading of the flames. 8-)

Destroyable objects that could be coded to be flammable-susceptible (spreads flames) via Scorch Wheel could include..

* Scorch Wheel Blocks
* Dust Blocks
* Bari Blocks

Of course TNT block fuses and Oil could be ignited by Scorch Wheel just like with other flame weapons.
I hope the developers use some of your ideas.