i will not post on this forum anymore

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
1.5 is cool

i will not post on this forum anymore

Post by 1.5 is cool » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:28 pm

I posted my mmm fangame levels on the level showcase forum, and i have been smashed with tons of dislikes, ok, that is normal, but NO ONE gave feedback on why they disliked it, and if im gonna post something here, get dislikes and no feedback, THERE IS NO REASON FOR ME TO POST ON THIS FORUM, i need feedback to know whats wrong and what is not with my levels, or else how am i supposed to make enjoyable levels? :x

LeonardMan

Re: i will not post on this forum anymore

Post by LeonardMan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:46 pm

1.5 is cool wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:28 pm
I posted my mmm fangame levels on the level showcase forum, and i have been smashed with tons of dislikes, ok, that is normal, but NO ONE gave feedback on why they disliked it, and if im gonna post something here, get dislikes and no feedback, THERE IS NO REASON FOR ME TO POST ON THIS FORUM, i need feedback to know whats wrong and what is not with my levels, or else how am i supposed to make enjoyable levels? :x
Hmmmm, you've got a point. :| Give me a few minutes to find and play a couple of your levels and I'll try to give you some feedback.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

LightDaemon

Post by LightDaemon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:25 pm

1.5 is cool wrote:
poor baby
Tired of Internet

Uranus

Post by Uranus » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:33 pm

Yeah that's a common problem

People tend to like bad levels and dislike good ones (maybe because its 'Too Difficult')
I am an ASS planet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

pm me to do so

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:04 pm

I posted two feedbacks on that Bass n' Treble level you made (the one with the agonizingly long loading time, among other problems) so I don't see what point you're trying to make.
Waiting for King Knight and The Delicious Last Course
Levels:
Darkness Crypt - Megaman (339203)
Excitement Emporium - Megaman (339627)
Trinitro Towers - Megaman (344128)
Cascade Pipeway - Megaman (349271)
Doc Wave V.2 (350661)

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:16 pm

More s**t with the community. Never gonna end until they add reverse gravity Which they won't won't it?
http://megamanroyale.com/ <- Play

BWAHAHAHA I AM NOW THE GAMECUBE

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:22 pm

Uranus wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:33 pm
People tend to like bad levels and dislike good ones
That's because bad levels are "funny" while good ones are serious and therefore "boring". It's in our biology, we instinctively enjoy seeing other people fail and laugh at them for it, hence why normal people enjoy the bad levels more than the good ones. They're not enjoying the level itself, they're enjoying finding things to bash the level's creator for. Such is the nature of social animals.
Bubble Bobble: 242483

Castle of Illusion:
1: 231053
2: 231057
3: 231059
4: 231062
5: 231064
Final: 231066

Mr. Gimmick:
1: 178176
2: 178177
3: 178178
4: 178181
5: 178192
6: 178198
Final: ??????, Hunt for each digit in the other 6 levels!

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:34 pm

1.5 is cool wrote:
I have stated this in a topic quite a while ago, but I feel it bears repeating.

The absence of feedback, is sometimes in itself a form of feedback.

Refer to here: viewtopic.php?p=71048#p71048
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

Sticks

Post by Sticks » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:54 am

At times I do feel like the absence of feedback is a form of feedback isn't true, on my Fortress Assault level it got upvotes and plays and is one of my best levels yet nobody gave feedback on the forums, its not a huge deal but any feedback at all is much more encouraging because it shows people played it and are willing to give it a fair critique.
Profile Name: StyxSticks

Waiting for 1.6 to put out any future levels.

Brazencoronet17
Discord: Gyro Man#5136

Post by Brazencoronet17 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:14 pm

I don't want people to suffer from this pain. I'll just feedback a few people's level right nowwwww
http://megamanroyale.com/ <- Play

BWAHAHAHA I AM NOW THE GAMECUBE

Bean man
Discord: Bean man#9687

Post by Bean man » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:55 pm

Sticks wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:54 am
At times I do feel like the absence of feedback is a form of feedback isn't true, on my Fortress Assault level it got upvotes and plays and is one of my best levels yet nobody gave feedback on the forums
Quite literally almost never do ratings represent the quality of a level.

Okay yes alright okay

Sticks

Post by Sticks » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:36 pm

True, I guess it might be that the level was fine how it was, in any case I just mean literally any feedback I’d required so you can actually have motivation to make other levels while knowing that people besides people who downvote if they die and what not played it.
Profile Name: StyxSticks

Waiting for 1.6 to put out any future levels.

Nigel Chinclucker

Post by Nigel Chinclucker » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:56 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:34 pm
1.5 is cool wrote:
I have stated this in a topic quite a while ago, but I feel it bears repeating.

The absence of feedback, is sometimes in itself a form of feedback.

Refer to here: viewtopic.php?p=71048#p71048
It's not feedback if you don't have any way of knowing how to improve. No one telling you what to improve or work on isn't feedback. It's just silence.
My Most Popular Levels:
283233: Cheery Happy Funtime
213787: Ye Olde Basic Castle
204335: Runaway Train

LightDaemon

Post by LightDaemon » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:15 am

The community as it is is extremely childish. People aren't gonna give constructive feedbacks to help each others because there is no sense of fraternity, at least when it comes to level design, within the forums. People are here to have fun mostly.

If people give feedbacks, they are mostly going to do so either because they force themselves or because they disliked smth. If they liked smth they will eventually tell you, very promptly, that it was a good level but this isn't exactly a feedback, it's just a way to bring more nuance to an upvote, so to speak.

If you want people to give constructive feedbacks, you will have to make them do it.

As royal guard pointed out, the lack of feedbacks shows that you are out of touch with the MMM community.

Your biggest mistake was to release an entire series of levels. People will be overwhelmed and won't bother playing.

You have to understand how to advertise your level in order to make people play it and then, make them write about it.

It's basic marketing.

But yknow, there's a simpler solution : LMLWY. People are a tad more serious there.
Tired of Internet

Fluff Man

Post by Fluff Man » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:59 pm

LightDaemon wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:15 am
The community as it is is extremely childish. People aren't gonna give constructive feedbacks to help each others because there is no sense of fraternity, at least when it comes to level design, within the forums. People are here to have fun mostly.

If people give feedbacks, they are mostly going to do so either because they force themselves or because they disliked smth. If they liked smth they will eventually tell you, very promptly, that it was a good level but this isn't exactly a feedback, it's just a way to bring more nuance to an upvote, so to speak.

If you want people to give constructive feedbacks, you will have to make them do it.

As royal guard pointed out, the lack of feedbacks shows that you are out of touch with the MMM community.

Your biggest mistake was to release an entire series of levels. People will be overwhelmed and won't bother playing.

You have to understand how to advertise your level in order to make people play it and then, make them write about it.

It's basic marketing.

But yknow, there's a simpler solution : LMLWY. People are a tad more serious there.
Honestly I just like the creation part of Megamaker more than the play part, with so many levels of low quality and the little time i get to play mmm i just don't bother unless someone asks me.
FEAR MY FLUFF OF DOOM

MEGAMAN -1 Megamaker Fangame in Progress!

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:48 am

Sometimes It feels like people think they are entitled to feedback on their levels when they post them. The simple fact of the matter is, they aren't entitled to feedback at all. They need to earn that feedback.

If you aren't getting feedback you expect on your levels, these are some things that might need to be considered:

1. How are your levels advertised/marketed?
Promotion of a level can make or break how many people play it. What does your level posting contain? Screenshots? Videos? Quick-Play Link? Mini-Map image? Listing of hidden goodies that can be found? Level lore? Explanation of your level design intentions? Ect.? Think of your level as if you where selling something to someone. What should be done to ensure that people "buy" your level, by playing it? How will you make your level memorable and stand out from all the other levels out there?

2. What is the level's target demographic, and are you advertising in the right place to reach them?
Different level types have different groups of fans. Niche level types, such as Kaizo levels, are much more likely to get feedback in specialized Kaizo groups, than they would in more general places. You need to keep in mind what audience you are developing levels for, and where to find them, to capitalize on getting the most feedback.

3. Does the level have performance issues, or other playability problems?
Levels that have poor playability, such as long load times, high amounts of lag, crashing, or other such problems, may have people not want to put in the effort to play the level any longer than a few minutes or less, before immediately quitting. Serious issues like this can be a major turn-off for people, and they are likely not going to give feedback as they refuse to force themselves through the level's problems long enough to properly review the level's contents.

4. As a user, what is your reputation in the community you are sharing levels in?
Your reputation in the community can determine if or if not people want to interact with you, and/or are comfortable giving you feedback. People who, for example, act rude, act immature, can't take criticism, act aggressive, ect., are far less likely to get feedback on the levels they post. The same can occur to new members of the community, or people that don't interact much, that people don't know well yet. Be polite, respectful, helpful, and gain people's trust, and you are more likely to get feedback.

5. Is your level too "middle of the road" in terms of quality?
Lets face simple facts here, people like to praise things they love, and like to bash the things they hate. If you are on either of these far ends of the spectrum in terms of quality, you are much more likely to get feedback. What about level quality closer to the middle? They usually don't get anywhere near as much feedback. Why is this? People generally don't get as emotionally invested in things they deem as "average", and are less likely to remember things or have anything of significance to discuss in terms of feedback.

If worst comes to worst and you can't get the feedback you need, use the lack of feedback as its own type of feedback, and try and learn from why your level got ignored, and work to improve yourself for your next attempt.
Due to my current inability to play MMM in a satisfactory manner on either of my devices, I will be on hiatus from activity for an indefinite period of time.

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:01 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:48 am
If worst comes to worst and you can't get the feedback you need, use the lack of feedback as its own type of feedback, and try and learn from why your level got ignored, and work to improve yourself for your next attempt.
Thank you, wise owl. I have a level with no feedback and decided to go back in the editor to change things up. However, because no one said anything about it, I have no idea if the things I'm changing are helping or hurting the level. Basically, it's a shot in the dark.
Waiting for King Knight and The Delicious Last Course
Levels:
Darkness Crypt - Megaman (339203)
Excitement Emporium - Megaman (339627)
Trinitro Towers - Megaman (344128)
Cascade Pipeway - Megaman (349271)
Doc Wave V.2 (350661)

1.5 is cool

Post by 1.5 is cool » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:58 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:48 am
Sometimes It feels like people think they are entitled to feedback on their levels when they post them. The simple fact of the matter is, they aren't entitled to feedback at all. They need to earn that feedback.

If you aren't getting feedback you expect on your levels, these are some things that might need to be considered:

1. How are your levels advertised/marketed?
Promotion of a level can make or break how many people play it. What does your level posting contain? Screenshots? Videos? Quick-Play Link? Mini-Map image? Listing of hidden goodies that can be found? Level lore? Explanation of your level design intentions? Ect.? Think of your level as if you where selling something to someone. What should be done to ensure that people "buy" your level, by playing it? How will you make your level memorable and stand out from all the other levels out there?

2. What is the level's target demographic, and are you advertising in the right place to reach them?
Different level types have different groups of fans. Niche level types, such as Kaizo levels, are much more likely to get feedback in specialized Kaizo groups, than they would in more general places. You need to keep in mind what audience you are developing levels for, and where to find them, to capitalize on getting the most feedback.

3. Does the level have performance issues, or other playability problems?
Levels that have poor playability, such as long load times, high amounts of lag, crashing, or other such problems, may have people not want to put in the effort to play the level any longer than a few minutes or less, before immediately quitting. Serious issues like this can be a major turn-off for people, and they are likely not going to give feedback as they refuse to force themselves through the level's problems long enough to properly review the level's contents.

4. As a user, what is your reputation in the community you are sharing levels in?
Your reputation in the community can determine if or if not people want to interact with you, and/or are comfortable giving you feedback. People who, for example, act rude, act immature, can't take criticism, act aggressive, ect., are far less likely to get feedback on the levels they post. The same can occur to new members of the community, or people that don't interact much, that people don't know well yet. Be polite, respectful, helpful, and gain people's trust, and you are more likely to get feedback.

5. Is your level too "middle of the road" in terms of quality?
Lets face simple facts here, people like to praise things they love, and like to bash the things they hate. If you are on either of these far ends of the spectrum in terms of quality, you are much more likely to get feedback. What about level quality closer to the middle? They usually don't get anywhere near as much feedback. Why is this? People generally don't get as emotionally invested in things they deem as "average", and are less likely to remember things or have anything of significance to discuss in terms of feedback.

It was a series of 12 levels, its understandable, if people dont want to play all of them.
im talking about this, viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8611
also, i put a video link to gameplay of all the robot masters and the first wily fortress, i wrote a lore for the "fangame" but it was deleted for some reason and i lost my will to write all that stuff again.
i tried to make levels that are like megaman 1-11, like an normal megaman game.
i remember playing the levels, and i didnt feel any lag, but there is no way to know if on other people computers it will be laggy or even crash the game.
i dont post much, so my reputation is very low so, yea u are right, people might not give feedback because of it.
i cant know if my level is middle of the road, bad or good, if i dont get any feedback, or criticism.
and i cant consider lack of feedback, actual feedback, because like d-man said, its a shot in the dark, i cant know what was wrong with it or what was good.
sorry if i sounded a bit rude, and also, english is not my native language, so i think i made a lot of grammar mistakes.