Mega Man X Maker

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
Post Reply
Emperador
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:47 am

Mega Man X Maker

Post by Emperador » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:09 pm

Do you think there may be a version of Mega Man Maker dedicated to the Megaman X saga? It could be 16 bits (x, x2, x3) or even advanced graphics (x4, x5, x6) (I don't remember how many bits those sprites were). It could be an independent Mega Man Maker project, but with the same level creation system. Of course, there would be certain differences because, in megaman x6 you acquired improvements to the rescue reploids, x could equip different armor, the playability of zero is very different from that of x (double jump and only use melee weapons (although in certain deliveries it has its z- buster)). What do you think?

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1672
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Mega Man X Maker

Post by LeonardMan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:10 pm

Emperador wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Do you think there may be a version of Mega Man Maker dedicated to the Megaman X saga? It could be 16 bits (x, x2, x3) or even advanced graphics (x4, x5, x6) (I don't remember how many bits those sprites were). It could be an independent Mega Man Maker project, but with the same level creation system. Of course, there would be certain differences because, in megaman x6 you acquired improvements to the rescue reploids, x could equip different armor, the playability of zero is very different from that of x (double jump and only use melee weapons (although in certain deliveries it has its z- buster)). What do you think?
If a Mega Man X Maker is going to be made, it will NOT be by THIS dev team! They've already got a very tight schedule as it is (especially now that they've started college, which is why update 1.6 has not arrived yet), and won't have time to work on another project.

Emperador
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:47 am

Re: Mega Man X Maker

Post by Emperador » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:54 pm

I can help in the development of that project! You could gather a small group of developers (sprite designers, composers, etc.) to start the development of that project! Of course, it would be a small group, but with the Mega Man Maker system it would only be a matter of changing certain variables in the code (so that it works with the new 16-bit and 32-bit scales) sprites, etc. At least to get a stable demo in the meantime the main team focuses on studying and developing Mega Man Maker. Obviously, this small group of which I speak, would be owned by Mega Man Maker Team, as well as any resources they develop.

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1672
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Mega Man X Maker

Post by LeonardMan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:36 pm

Emperador wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:54 pm
I can help in the development of that project!
What are your talents? Depending on what you're capable of, I might form a team with you for my own games! :lol: (artists are usually what I find hardest to get). Here's some proof that I actually do make games: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/735660
Emperador wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:54 pm
but with the Mega Man Maker system it would only be a matter of changing certain variables in the code
Well... no. :( A lot of X's new abilities such as the wall-climbing and his armor enhancements would have to be programmed from scratch, as well as many new enemy behaviors, and especially the maverick bosses. It's not impossible, but this dev team already has a lot of work on their hands.

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3999
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Mega Man X Maker

Post by Royalguard » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:57 pm

Emperador wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Do you think there may be a version of Mega Man Maker dedicated to the Megaman X saga?
It already exists.

Link: http://sprites-inc.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1786

User avatar
LeonardMan
Posts: 1672
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Mega Man X Maker

Post by LeonardMan » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:46 am

Royalguard wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:57 pm
It already exists.

Link: http://sprites-inc.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1786
Oh! Is that project still going? It didn't get canceled?

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3999
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: Mega Man X Maker

Post by Royalguard » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:58 am

LeonardMan wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:46 am
Royalguard wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:57 pm
It already exists.

Link: http://sprites-inc.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1786
Oh! Is that project still going? It didn't get canceled?
Not sure, I don't follow the project.



Edit: According to the developer's own Youtube comments as recently as 2 months ago, seems like the MMX++ project is still active, just developing slowly due to other life priorities. Not sure if any comments implying anything different have been made more recently than that. Also looks like they are looking for help with Lua.

Emperador
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:47 am

Re: Mega Man X Maker

Post by Emperador » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:40 am

Leonardman I am interested in the propocision of working together on a project. I read you

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests