I know why it's taking so long.

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
Crazyjoe

I know why it's taking so long.

Post by Crazyjoe » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:11 am

I think that the reason it's taking a while for 1.6 to be released. Its because the Developers of MMM are going to outdo themselves in a very big way! Take 1.5 for example. I did not in a million years expect multiple bosses and such! Trust me It's going to be very well worth the wait and i think we are all set for some Crazy good stuff we were not expecting! Keep up the good work you guys. I am Very impressed and very patient! Good things come to those who wait. It sure did last time!! :D

Fluff Man

Re: I know why it's taking so long.

Post by Fluff Man » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:22 am

I wouldn’t get your hopes up too high, or you may be very disappointed.
It’s probably taking like because of devs spending time with family for the holidays and having to add both MM10 and make 8-Bit sprites for MM11.

However there is a slight chance that there’s something big that we don’t know of.
FEAR MY FLUFF OF DOOM

MEGAMAN -1 Megamaker Fangame in Progress!
Also, working 50/50 uncheatable randomizer that anyone can copy into their levels! level ID 353798
Best Megaman theme: https://youtu.be/Z2ACqGtQodM

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:21 am

What is going to make or break this update for me is whether they add a way to change the level's music mid-gameplay or not (and not in a stupid "playlist" way, but to an intentionally-chosen music to fit the atmosphere of a given area of the level). If they add that, the update will have been worthwhile regardless of everything else.

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:00 pm

LeonardMan wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:21 am
What is going to make or break this update for me is whether they add a way to change the level's music mid-gameplay or not (and not in a stupid "playlist" way, but to an intentionally-chosen music to fit the atmosphere of a given area of the level). If they add that, the update will have been worthwhile regardless of everything else.
A lot of people talk about a Music Changer object around here. Would it be like an 1x1 object in the editor that activates when the player passes the same x-axis/y-axis as it?

If 1.5 is anything to go off of, they could also be working on the missing tiles/backgrounds from the previous games.

Either way, it's best to distract ourselves with other things until it comes.

List of Weapon Analyses I made: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10244

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Crazyjoe wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:11 am
I think that the reason it's taking a while for 1.6 to be released. Its because the Developers of MMM are going to outdo themselves in a very big way!
Quote from a topic in FFF, make of it what you will.
Goldstorm wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:35 am
Baseless rumor. Fake news. 1.6 is the best. HUGE update. Will make all others look SAD

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:51 pm

What really makes it hard to gauge is we, being outside the development realm, have no idea how much time the Developers have actually been investing into this update. They have lives, jobs, schooling, obligations outside of the work of Mega Man Maker. 🤔 Granted this is the longest development period any patch has ever seen, but how much time have the Devs had within this period to actually invest into MMM?

Being the longest Dev period ever, and the largest team to date, it stands to reason something special is coming. Granted anytime we get new content it's something special.

On a more ominous note, being such a long period and the idea of the possibility of the biggest update ever, this could be the setting for a "last Hurrah" of development for MMM. "Going out with a bang," if you will. Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it's a real eventuality that one day MMM Development will cease. I'm hopefully optimistic that with MMM's popularity the Devs are really enjoying this and will continue past 1.6.

These are my personal theories on the massive update.. Based on the way progress updates are being engineered to "exclude" certain details...

*Double Gear is being added for Mega Man (possibly as a option that can be enabled/disabled by map creators)
*Power Gear is being retroactively added to the old Weapons (also can be enabled/disabled)
*Power Gear/Time Gear is being retroactively added to old MMM Robot Masters (also can be enabled/disabled)

Besides adding content from MM10 and MM11, the above would take an enormous amount of work and testing. It would probably take the longest development period ever due to the already large roster of weapons and RMs MMM already has.
🤔

Recent news of hiring a new promotional artist goes in line with my theory. Having such features never before available in the old Mega Man games would call for new custom imagery.

So you can understand my enthusiasm and optimism for this next update. :D I'm very. very. excited to know if I'm right. Time will tell.

...BUT EVEN IF I'M WRONG, having just MM10 and MM11 content will be sooooooo satisfying. :)

So yeah, I just threw gasoline into the engine of the hype train... :P
Last edited by Blue_Bummer on Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigDestroyer#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:53 pm

I moved this topic to General discussion, since it is not an actual suggestion.
I am currently moderating the three main community platforms.

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:54 pm

Regardless of what comes in 1.6, the devs could really use a vacation.

List of Weapon Analyses I made: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10244

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:09 pm

I believe they will bring us something really big in 1.6, but I hope that in the next update they will focus on simpler things like tiles, bgs, bosses, enemies and gimmicks and some simple improvements so 1.7 doesn't take so long.

DoctorLumen

Post by DoctorLumen » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:11 pm

Most likely, they're trying to squash some bugs in the update at this point before releasing it.

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:25 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:51 pm
What really makes it hard to gauge is we, being outside the development realm, have no idea how much time the Developers have actually been investing into this update. They have lives, jobs, schooling, obligations outside of the work of Mega Man Maker. 🤔 Granted this is the longest development period any patch has ever seen, but how much time have the Devs had within this period to actually invest into MMM?

Being the longest Dev period ever, and the largest team to date, it stands to reason something special is coming. Granted anytime we get new content it's something special.

On a more ominous note, being such a long period and the idea of the possibility of the biggest update ever, this could be the setting for a "last Hurrah" of development for MMM. "Going out with a bang," if you will. Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it's a real eventuality that one day MMM Development will cease. I'm hopefully optimistic that with MMM's popularity the Devs are really enjoying this and will continue past 1.6.

These are my personal theories on the massive update.. Based on the way progress updates are being engineered to "exclude" certain details...

*Double Gear is being added for Mega Man (possibly as a option that can be enabled/disabled by map creators)
*Power Gear is being retroactively added to the old Weapons (also can be enabled/disabled)
*Power Gear/Time Gear is being retroactively added to old MMM Robot Masters (also can be enabled/disabled)

Besides adding content from MM10 and MM11, the above would take an enormous amount of work and testing. It would probably take the longest development period ever due to the already large roster of weapons and RMs MMM already has.
🤔

Recent news of hiring a new promotional artist goes in line with my theory. Having such features never before available in the old Mega Man games would call for new custom imagery.

So you can understand my enthusiasm and optimism for this next update. :D I'm very. very. excited to know if I'm right. Time will tell.

...BUT EVEN IF I'M WRONG, having just MM10 and MM11 content will be sooooooo satisfying. :)

So yeah, I just threw gasoline into the engine of the hype train... :P
I totally agree with your theory, I think it is very likely that something like Power gear for all weapons and RM is being developed, this would even involve creating new sprites for Rm and weapons.

(Power gear for MM1 bosses could be the extra powers they feature in the MMPU.)

I believe the work is already finishing because the apparent rush of hiring a new artist, and Blastman seems to have been the definitive announcement before the release like the Shade man was in 1.4.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:33 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:... Blastman seems to have been the definitive announcement before the release like the Shade man was in 1.4.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that.. We can't really assume release is near because they unveiled a RM. Judging by other news updates between previous patches it's impossible to accurately gauge a release date by that. Too random.
I believe the work is already finishing because the apparent rush of hiring a new artist
Same. Being such a short time frame for applications for the promo artist I think the majority of the work is done and the finish line is in sight.

They're probably in the bugfixing, tweaking, polishing stage at the moment. No telling how long that will take though. I'm guessing they're shooting for a January/Feburary release??? 🤔

Crazyjoe

Post by Crazyjoe » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:02 pm

just the very fact i can now use mm2 weapons on megaman 3 enemies is a dream come true for me!!

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:09 pm

Crazyjoe wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:11 am
I think that the reason it's taking a while for 1.6 to be released. Its because the Developers of MMM are going to outdo themselves in a very big way! Take 1.5 for example. I did not in a million years expect multiple bosses and such! Trust me It's going to be very well worth the wait and i think we are all set for some Crazy good stuff we were not expecting! Keep up the good work you guys. I am Very impressed and very patient! Good things come to those who wait. It sure did last time!! :D
Not exactly, don't forget that maybe they could get it out before, but they were late for college and university, but I admire your mood.
In addition, they are unpredictable, they always try to deceive us, as with April fools.

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:52 pm

Crazyjoe wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:02 pm
just the very fact i can now use mm2 weapons on megaman 3 enemies is a dream come true for me!!
indeed, especially for those who played in the 1990s, it is a dream come true to be able to make enemies, objects, weapons and bosses of different games interact with each other.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:52 pm
Crazyjoe wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:02 pm
indeed, especially for those who played in the 1990s, it is a dream come true to be able to make enemies, objects, weapons and bosses of different games interact with each other.
Still blows my mind that all this is a fangame :D ... And if Goldstorm isn't pulling our collective legs the biggest update ever to this work of art is coming...

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:39 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Still blows my mind that all this is a fangame :D ... And if Goldstorm isn't pulling our collective legs the biggest update ever to this work of art is coming...
Because of MMM I decided to buy megaman legacy collection 1 and 2 to play the games I haven't played in the past, specifically MM5, MM6, MM8, MM9, MM10. Even my interest in MM11 was intensified by the Mega Man maker.

MrDocrobot

Post by MrDocrobot » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:47 pm

Truly Mega Man Maker is a fantastic Mega Man fan game. (At least in my opinion.) It offers more freedom then Mario Maker or even Mario Maker 2 could give you, You can also do 8 bit stylized versions of many of the original levels from many of the Mega Man games, just with this great engine, the soul fact that they managed to successfully recreate assists from games that weren't even 8 bit as their own and not use other 8 bit renditions is a complete joy, and especially with Mega Man 9 and 10, it gives me nostalgia to see those assists in Mega Man Maker and combined with other, newer assists. Not to mention how Weapon Capsules as well as Proto Man and Bass being playable opens the flood gates for even more ideas. I'd be happy to see anything from 1.6 really. The stuff that was shown off impressed me already. Especially Blast Man. I'm just super curious to see what else we get when the trailer finally releases.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:57 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:39 pm

Because of MMM I decided to buy megaman legacy collection 1 and 2 to play the games I haven't played in the past...
I personally wanted to reward Capcom for allowing MMM to exist and bought MM Legacy collections 1 & 2, and I still recommend anyone who loves MMM and doesn't own all those classic games to do so as well. It really enriches the MMM experience having played the source material of what all this content in MMM is inspired by.

This fan-friendly approach seems to be working quite well for Capcom, what with the Legacy collection and MM11 selling over 1 million copies. Working popularity wise too.. The other day I was Christmas shopping in the Electronics section of Wal-Mart and what should I see towering above the Funko Pop section? A large cardboard display of 3 different Funko Pops, one of which our own beloved Mega Man. :)

MrDocrobot wrote:Truly Mega Man Maker is a fantastic Mega Man fan game. (At least in my opinion.) It offers more freedom then Mario Maker or even Mario Maker 2 could give you
Not only the best Mega Man fangame, but a incredible game in it's own right. Even against professional retail games like SMM2, MMM puts them to shame.
I'm just super curious to see what else we get when the trailer finally releases.
I imagine we'll get a pre-release trailer to pump up the fans and get them ready by announcing the release date. Maybe reveal the double gear system to draw them in and peak interest.

Then on release day we'll get the release trailer which shows all the rest of the cool stuff they've been hiding. It's at that point heads start exploding. 8-)

ZepperFang

Post by ZepperFang » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:19 pm

I strongly believe that MM11 stuff like Power Gear will NOT happen. Think about re-doing ALL the current old weapons to support new features of a new engine of a NEW SYSTEM? Nope, neither for "MM11 weapons only". I'm not discussing about Blast Man supposed addition, since it wasn't well received by the community.

EDIT: <retreat comment>
Last edited by ZepperFang on Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.