1.6 post release thread

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
User avatar
14Protoman
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: 1.6 post release thread

Post by 14Protoman » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:40 am

Uranus wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:11 am
I cant believe noone has mentioned this yet


They added GAMEBOY weapons
Not precisely, as they are weapons that returned in MM10 they are counted in this game

User avatar
14Protoman
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: 1.6 post release thread

Post by 14Protoman » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:24 pm

I am surprised that many have been disappointed by the version, I think it is better to defend it.
Personally 1.6 is one of the updates that has me most satisfied and I will explain why:

After almost 11 months of waiting since 1.5, I felt desperate to know what was coming and see content of Mega Man 11 feels satisfactory, in addition, they brought new mechanics and level objects that seem too useful or interesting, such as the wheel and the elevator, the enemies met many of my expectations and added weapons that I did not even imagine that I wanted, as pile drivers, another feature was the addiction of Bounce man, a boss that I imagined was the most viable of sg, and it is also the The only boss who, in addition to reacting to a weakness, changes his behavior completely if you hit the primary weakness, a quality that this game lacked a lot, which leaves me thinking about something that I will publish in another thread, I also liked that Mash burner be added and that it is weak to fire and crosser weapons.
Another good quality is that exploratory utilities will be added to some weapons, such as melting ice forests to piercing and firearms, purifying acid to water or making Rain flush, among others.

Although bad traits can not be missing, but this time they are only personal complaints, as in MM11 it feels very empty of enemies (not to mention that the electric barrier of impact Man should not count as an enemy since it is a simple barrier, like a footholder) given that without counting spawners, I think they only added 7 enemies; that in MMM they gave block dropper the ability to eliminate the picket men at a stroke, however, we have other enemies that are in MM11 and the weapons that were their weaknesses are no longer, case of wall blaster, weak to bounce fence and from robbit, weak to scramble thunder, in addition to that block dropper was also the weakness of pipetto, but since they both have a hp of 4 it now dulls; I would have also liked to add other enemies, shpider, fire server, shimobey, balloon blader and robotic transport.

User avatar
UlticraftMTT
Posts: 758
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:15 am
Location: in my moms basement eating hot pockets
Discord: MettatonEX#9160
Contact:

Re: 1.6 post release thread

Post by UlticraftMTT » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:22 pm

Here's my pros and cons with 1.6:

Pros:

TONS of new tilesets, especially because of Mega Man 10's endless stages
Great weapon choice
Good boss choice

Cons:

Some Mega Man 10 music sounds off, i know it can't be 100% accurate to Mega Man 10, but some notes and effects were done wrong
1.6 is currently unable to be modded due to changes in code regarding online level editing and auto-updater
Lack of enemies in both 10 and 11
Image

1/2/9/10 SFX Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&p=91154#p91154
Game Boy Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10508

hail boognish

Upcoming mods: Mega Man Maker Plus 2

User avatar
Uranus
Posts: 1095
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Re: 1.6 post release thread

Post by Uranus » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:51 pm

How do I chat?
I've now reached 1000 posts!!! I'm a forum classic now :D :D :D

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

Image

pm me to do so

MrDocrobot
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Re: 1.6 post release thread

Post by MrDocrobot » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:52 pm

Uranus wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:51 pm
How do I chat?
Press T

User avatar
Uranus
Posts: 1095
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Re: 1.6 post release thread

Post by Uranus » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:57 pm

MrDocrobot wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:52 pm
Uranus wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:51 pm
How do I chat?
Press T
Thanks
I've now reached 1000 posts!!! I'm a forum classic now :D :D :D

JOIN THE UNITED CORPARATIONS TODAY!!

Image

pm me to do so

NikoPalad67140
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:20 pm

Re: 1.6 post release thread

Post by NikoPalad67140 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:44 am

My opinion about this update is short and simple : AWESOME! I really like the sprites of the MM11 stuff and also their animations. Good job, Wrecking! You and your team are doing well! Keep it up!
Creators, don't panic! If you run out of ideas, I'll help you with my Construction Guide.
Here it is. Check it out and have fun!

User avatar
Blue_Bummer
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: 1.6 post release thread

Post by Blue_Bummer » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:37 pm

While it's not as ambitious as I theorized due to it being the longest development cycle yet for a patch, it's still an absolute marvel of fangame ambition and engineering. Patch 1.6 brought a plethora of fresh content and fun!


Has anyone poked around in the Examples levels? I highly recommend the new DEVELOPER CHALLENGES level that showcases the new content in patch 1.6. SUPER Fun!!! 👍👍👍 Has a "Endless Challenge" kind of vibe to it.
Shadow444 wrote:Well, I guess now it will be so now (i hope) because i think this is the last big update (well, at least for the moment) that came out. I don't expect to see the same big ones coming out in the future. Because most of what is already added, there are not so many things left among the official games.
If we count the Mega Man & Bass and Gameboy Mega Man games there's still quite a bit of official content, so the possibility of more huge updates is real.

I really hope they change the methodology of the update process. Bite-sized updates in between the huge updates would be so satisfying.

User avatar
UlticraftMTT
Posts: 758
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:15 am
Location: in my moms basement eating hot pockets
Discord: MettatonEX#9160
Contact:

Re: 1.6 post release thread

Post by UlticraftMTT » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:37 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:37 pm
While it's not as ambitious as I theorized due to it being the longest development cycle yet for a patch, it's still an absolute marvel of fangame ambition and engineering. Patch 1.6 brought a plethora of fresh content and fun!


Has anyone poked around in the Examples levels? I highly recommend the new DEVELOPER CHALLENGES level that showcases the new content in patch 1.6. SUPER Fun!!! 👍👍👍 Has a "Endless Challenge" kind of vibe to it.
Shadow444 wrote:Well, I guess now it will be so now (i hope) because i think this is the last big update (well, at least for the moment) that came out. I don't expect to see the same big ones coming out in the future. Because most of what is already added, there are not so many things left among the official games.
If we count the Mega Man & Bass and Gameboy Mega Man games there's still quite a bit of official content, so the possibility of more huge updates is real.

I really hope they change the methodology of the update process. Bite-sized updates in between the huge updates would be so satisfying.
There's still some content to be added from the previous games.

Mega Man 7-11 could use a flesh out-type update like updates 1.1 - 1.4 (My picks for bosses for that type of update would be Jewel Man, Splash Woman, Cloud Man, Tengu Man, Solar Man, and Fuse Man), and Mega Man 1 - 6 still have small amounts of potential content to be squeezed out (eg. Flash Man, Wave Man, Tomahawk Man, Elec Man, and other viable bosses)
Image

1/2/9/10 SFX Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&p=91154#p91154
Game Boy Mod: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10508

hail boognish

Upcoming mods: Mega Man Maker Plus 2

User avatar
Royalguard
Posts: 3844
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Re: 1.6 post release thread

Post by Royalguard » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:42 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:37 pm
If we count the Mega Man & Bass and Gameboy Mega Man games there's still quite a bit of official content, so the possibility of more huge updates is real.
There is also...

Mega Man: The Wily Wars for Sega Genesis, which not only has original assets and music for the original Wily Tower campaign, but the remakes of Mega Man 1-3 have completely remade tilesets and backgrounds that don't currently exist in Mega Man Maker.

Mega Man & Bass: Challenger From The Future for Wonderswan, which is more so on the obscure end of Mega Man games, but it has a bunch of original assets due to being a sequel to both the original Mega Man & Bass and the Gameboy series.

User avatar
Blue_Bummer
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: 1.6 post release thread

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:09 pm

Royalguard wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:42 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:37 pm
If we count the Mega Man & Bass and Gameboy Mega Man games there's still quite a bit of official content, so the possibility of more huge updates is real.
There is also...

Mega Man: The Wily Wars for Sega Genesis, which not only has original assets and music for the original Wily Tower campaign, but the remakes of Mega Man 1-3 have completely remade tilesets and backgrounds that don't currently exist in Mega Man Maker.

Mega Man & Bass: Challenger From The Future for Wonderswan, which is more so on the obscure end of Mega Man games, but it has a bunch of original assets due to being a sequel to both the original Mega Man & Bass and the Gameboy series.
UlticraftMTT wrote:Mega Man 7-11 could use a flesh out-type update like updates 1.1 - 1.4 (My picks for bosses for that type of update would be Jewel Man, Splash Woman, Cloud Man, Tengu Man, Solar Man, and Fuse Man), and Mega Man 1 - 6 still have small amounts of potential content to be squeezed out (eg. Flash Man, Wave Man, Tomahawk Man, Elec Man, and other viable bosses)
I would so wish for the "Flesh out" updates be inbetween the LARGE updates that feature the new content.

If it took a year for the LARGE update (next featured MM games), have maybe two smaller updates along the way based on the already featured games. It'd be so great if the Devs went this route.

User avatar
Neo Cutman
Posts: 718
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:51 pm

Re: 1.6 post release thread

Post by Neo Cutman » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Blue_Bummer wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:09 pm
Royalguard wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:42 pm
Blue_Bummer wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:37 pm
If we count the Mega Man & Bass and Gameboy Mega Man games there's still quite a bit of official content, so the possibility of more huge updates is real.
There is also...

Mega Man: The Wily Wars for Sega Genesis, which not only has original assets and music for the original Wily Tower campaign, but the remakes of Mega Man 1-3 have completely remade tilesets and backgrounds that don't currently exist in Mega Man Maker.

Mega Man & Bass: Challenger From The Future for Wonderswan, which is more so on the obscure end of Mega Man games, but it has a bunch of original assets due to being a sequel to both the original Mega Man & Bass and the Gameboy series.
UlticraftMTT wrote:Mega Man 7-11 could use a flesh out-type update like updates 1.1 - 1.4 (My picks for bosses for that type of update would be Jewel Man, Splash Woman, Cloud Man, Tengu Man, Solar Man, and Fuse Man), and Mega Man 1 - 6 still have small amounts of potential content to be squeezed out (eg. Flash Man, Wave Man, Tomahawk Man, Elec Man, and other viable bosses)
I would so wish for the "Flesh out" updates be inbetween the LARGE updates that feature the new content.

If it took a year for the LARGE update (next featured MM games), have maybe two smaller updates along the way based on the already featured games. It'd be so great if the Devs went this route.
I don't think it would be possible to program a major update in parallel while they release small updates because in a way the codes of everything are integrated and need to be tested together.

So I completely agree with smaller and faster updates that may include surprises that are easier to program.

User avatar
Blue_Bummer
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: 1.6 post release thread

Post by Blue_Bummer » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:28 pm

Neo Cutman wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:50 pm

I don't think it would be possible to program a major update in parallel while they release small updates because in a way the codes of everything are integrated and need to be tested together.

So I completely agree with smaller and faster updates that may include surprises that are easier to program.
It could be possible if they restrict the smaller updates to less advanced things.

*Tilesets
*Backgrounds
*Soundtracks
*Minor enemies (small quantity)

With perhaps a single advanced thing. Like a Weapon, Boss, or singular gimmick.

If development is planned in this way it could potentially work. Advanced items in the small updates are done first and set aside for latter release dates, larger advanced development carries on until it's finished (8 months to a year).

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests