What bosses of each game do you want in the future?

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
14Protoman

What bosses of each game do you want in the future?

Post by 14Protoman » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:46 am

Let's discuss what bosses we want in the future and why

Gravitrax64

Re: What bosses of each game do you want in the future?

Post by Gravitrax64 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:04 am

For Mega man 7: I want Freeze man and Cloud man. I want Freeze man because of his mobility and agility, plus the fact that we need more ice type rms. I want Cloud man because we could also use more air born rms.

For Mega man 8: I want Tengu man and Aqua man. Tengu man because again, we could use more air born bosses, and I want Aqua man because he has a very interesting fight pattern.
I really needed to update my signature...

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:09 am

14Protoman wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:46 am
Let's discuss what bosses we want in the future and why

Why? Idk, he is the only boss fight I found fun from MM2.
Last edited by Royalguard on Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigMaster#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:09 am

Aqua Man from Mega MAn 8 due to its flexibility as a boss and its water having some applications.

Cold Man from Mega Man & Bass, although I would like that he be reworked to jump a bit more. His attacks are very interesting and could be used for some variety.
Crossing a dangerous river

14Protoman

Post by 14Protoman » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:29 am

Uhh, I will show you that it's a good discussion:
MM1 / pu.
Oil Man and Elec Man
MM2.
Heat Man and Air Man
MM3.
Snake Man and Shadow Man
MM4
Bright Man and Dust Man
MM5.
The legendary Gyro Man and Wave Man
MM6.
Blizzard Man and Yamato Man
MM7.
Burst Man and Turbo Man
MM8.
Search Man and Sword Man
MM9.
Jewel Man and Galaxy Man
MM10
Solar Man and Blade Man
AND MM11
Acid Man and Tundra Man.

Shadow444

Post by Shadow444 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:09 am

MM1 Fire Man (or Elec Man)
MM2 Flash Man (or Air Man)
MM3 Shadow Man
MM4 Dust Man (or Bring Man)
MM5 Star Man (or Wave Man)
MM6 Yamato Man
MM7 Freeze Mnn (or Cloud Man)
MM8 Aqua Man (or Frost Man)
MM9 Galaxy Man (or Splash Woman)
MM10 Chill Man (or Solar Man)
MM11 TORCH MAN!
MM&B Burner Man
GB ?????

Neo Cutman

Post by Neo Cutman » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:03 pm

MM1- GUTS MAN /OILMAN
MM2- FLASH MAN/AIR MAN
MM3-SHADOW MAN/SNAKE MAN
MM4-DRILL MAN/DIVEMAN
MM5-GYRO MAN/STAR MAN
MM6-BLIZZARD MAN/ YAMATO MAN
MM7- JUNK MAN/BURST MAN
MM8-SWORD MAN/ TENGU MAN
MM9- SPLASH WOMAN/HORNET MAN
MM10-SOLAR MAN/NITRO MAN
MM11- TORCH MAN/ TUNDRA MAN
MM&B-BURNER MAN/COLD MAN

LeonardMan

Post by LeonardMan » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:10 pm

My wishlist usually changes depending on which Robot Masters I need for my current project and what games the next update will be focusing on. Besides, I've learned to ask not so much for a specific robot master, but rather for any robot master within a specific theme.

At the moment, I believe update 1.7 will focus on MM7-8, so the bosses I want from there are Freeze Man, Slash Man, Frost Man and Search Man, to raise the number of ice-themed and nature-themed bosses.

I might accept Junk Man, Burst Man or Aqua Man as substitutes if one or more of the aforementioned bosses can't make it in for whatever reason.

I WOULD accept Turbo Man or Sword Man too, but they're impossible as they absolutely require a flat floor.

Which Robot Masters I will want for 1.8 depends on which ones get added in 1.7

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:56 pm

My post here disregards the established rules and patterns of choice the Developers have displayed. This list is strictly who I'd want to get included, not who necessarily I think will get included. Many of these will never be added to MMM due to their attack pattern limitations...

MM1 - ElecMan/FireMan
MM2 - QuickMan/HeatMan
MM3 - SnakeMan/ShadowMan
MM4 - DustMan/DrillMan
MM5 - StarMan/WaveMan
MM6 - Tomahawk Man/Blizzard Man
MM7 - FreezeMan/Burst Man
MM8 - Frost Man/Aqua Man
MM9 - Magma Man/Hornet Man
MM10 - Commando Man/Nitro Man
MM11 - Torch Man/Fuse Man

MM&B - Burner Man/Cold Man/Dynamo Man/Pirate Man

GB MMV- Neptune/ Venus/Terra /SunStar

Porkp

Post by Porkp » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:28 am

For Megamen 6: I would like Yamato Man and Tomahawk Man. Reasons: Yamato Man has very good battle tactics and I really liked this boss with tactics and graphics; Tomahawk Man has the only weapon that is not in Megamen, these are his feathers on his head.
For Megamen 9: I would like Magma Man and Gravity Man. Reasons: Magma Man is a familiar and not difficult to edit boss, I would like to set Megaman on fire, as there are few fire bosses in this game; Gravity Man he is good at the schedule, speed and of course the BLACK HOLE. And also because of the dexterity of Megaman, I would like to suck him into a black hole.

RetroGamerAaron

Post by RetroGamerAaron » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:56 am

Mega Man 1 - Elec Man/Fire Man
Mega Man 2 - Quick Man/Air Man
Mega Man 3 - Snake Man/Shadow Man
Mega Man 4 - Dust Man/Drill Man
Mega Man 5 - Wave Man/Star Man
Mega Man 6 - Tomahawk Man/Blizzard Man
Mega Man 7 - Freeze Man/Burst Man
Mega Man 8 - Search Man/Sword Man
Mega Man 9 - Hornet Man/Magma Man
Mega Man 10 - Nitro Man/Blade Man
Mega Man 11 - Acid Man/Fuse Man

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:24 am

What bosses I assume are most realistic for MM1-MM6:
(Will look at bosses from MM7-MM11 at a later time)

MM1 & MMPU:
N/A

MM2:
Quick Man - Although most probably wouldn't classify him as fun to fight, he jumps high and fequently, and his homing attacks pass through walls. Would work well in tons of custom environments.
Flash Man - He can already jump up to two blocks high to get to higher places, and reverses travel direction in the instance where he is unable to jump over something such as high walls. His Flash Buster also passes through tiles and has a nice area of effect. The boss is also well known for custom boss room designs in official games, as the boss room design in his stage, in the wily castle rematch, and the Doc Robot encounter are all different, so he already has experience with custom environments.
Air Man - Moves very similarly to Magnet Man but jumps sightly higher. His attacks pass through walls, and its player pushing properties could have very interesting potential in custom environments.

MM3:
Needle Man - Essentially a more advanced Metal Man. More movement potential, a melee attack, and a more erratic attack pattern. Seems like he would fit just fine in custom environments.
Shadow Man - Jumps at varying heights frequently, and has projectile attacks that pass through tiles. I assume he may need some custom behaviours to potentially fix issues that would come from him sliding, such as a behavior for if he slides off the edge of a platform, and maybe a behavior for if he gets stuck in a sliding tunnel, as he isn't exposed to those situations in his source game. Would take some effort, but I think he could work.

MM4:
Dust Man - Decent jumper, his vacuum attack could potentially recycle some code from MMM Magnet Man's magnetic barrier, and (as far as I can tell) Dust Crusher passes through walls both in its normal state and its split state. Looks like he would fit custom environments just fine to me.

MM5:
Star Man - Decent jumper, and his attacks pass through walls. You don't even need low gravity/water to fight him either, as you can jump to make his ground based attacks fire upwards, so you don't need to struggle jumping over the giant Star Crash projectile. I don't see whats stopping him from working in custom environments.
Wave Man - Similar to Flame Man. His Water Wave pillar desperately need a warning tell (much like Flame Man got in MMM with his Flame Blast pillars), and his harpoon attack could have a longer wind-up animation so that you can see it coming. He might need custom behaviors for fighting underwater, due to lore stating he is an expert at swimming, which could complicate things though. He could work, but he might take more effort than other choices.

MM6:
Tomahawk Man - He jumps pretty high and somewhat frequently, and both of his projectile attacks pass though tiles, seems like a good fit in customizable environments.

iceman x fireman
Discord: Nothing Suspicious#9557

Post by iceman x fireman » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:43 am

How about we bring all of them here, they all need a mention here and it would make more sense.
Just a mod in a great fanbase

The Knowledge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Mega1221
Discord: Mega1221YT#1340

Post by Mega1221 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:49 pm

Mega Man 7:
Freeze Man: Completely obvious, we don’t a lot of Ice themed robot master in the game.

Turbo Man: I always wanted to to make a highway chase level with him and Nitro Man.

Mega Man 8:
Search Man: Perfect for Safari Levels

Tengu Man: Add a spiked roof and it’ll be a no deathrun

Mega Man 9:
Splash Woman: I needs my water waifu... 🥺

Galaxy Man: Surprised he didn’t get in

Mega Man 10:
Solar Man: The game needs more fire themed robots

Nitro Man: Same reason for Turbo

Mega Man 11:
Impact Man: Will make me super happy to use and i have an idea if I used him

Tundra Man: Same reason for Freeze
Apparently some people can’t tell the difference between a fox and wolf

Mega1221
Discord: Mega1221YT#1340

Post by Mega1221 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:53 pm

iceman x fireman wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:43 am
How about we bring all of them here, they all need a mention here and it would make more sense.
Some robot master won’t work from what i heard, one of being Gemini Man due to terrain or something like that
Apparently some people can’t tell the difference between a fox and wolf

Royalguard

Post by Royalguard » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:19 pm

Mega1221 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:53 pm
iceman x fireman wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:43 am
Some robot master won’t work from what i heard, one of being Gemini Man due to terrain or something like that
Gravity Man too, as MMM's engine currently doesn't support reverse gravity, and its supposedly really hard to code.

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigMaster#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:05 am

Porkp wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:28 am
For Megamen 6: I would like Yamato Man and Tomahawk Man. Reasons: Yamato Man has very good battle tactics and I really liked this boss with tactics and graphics; Tomahawk Man has the only weapon that is not in Megamen, these are his feathers on his head.
For Megamen 9: I would like Magma Man and Gravity Man. Reasons: Magma Man is a familiar and not difficult to edit boss, I would like to set Megaman on fire, as there are few fire bosses in this game; Gravity Man he is good at the schedule, speed and of course the BLACK HOLE. And also because of the dexterity of Megaman, I would like to suck him into a black hole.
You are mistaking Gravity Man with Galaxy Man.
Crossing a dangerous river

ihazkirbro

Post by ihazkirbro » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:53 pm

Personally, the only one i want in MMM is Frost Man, he has been one of my favorites alongside Bounce man, who was recently added. It's honestly a really reasonable expectation because he jumps, and his attack climbs walls, not to mention we need more ice based Robot Masters, because, well, we only have Ice Man, and that's a real Shame, there's a lot of really
cool ice bosses in mega man, but we only have one to represent them. I think Frost man would fit the bill for a second Ice robot master nicely.
I'm mostly a Megaman 8 Bit Deathmatch player, but this games good too.

Blue_Bummer

Post by Blue_Bummer » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:41 pm

ihazkirbro wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:53 pm
Personally, the only one i want in MMM is Frost Man, he has been one of my favorites alongside Bounce man, who was recently added. It's honestly a really reasonable expectation because he jumps, and his attack climbs walls, not to mention we need more ice based Robot Masters, because, well, we only have Ice Man, and that's a real Shame, there's a lot of really
cool ice bosses in mega man, but we only have one to represent them. I think Frost man would fit the bill for a second Ice robot master nicely.
Amen. Frost Man may very well be one of my #1 most anticipated and hoped for Robot Masters. His design, size, theme all are very awesome. He's a real BOSS enemy among boss enemies. 8-)

I was originally very doubtful of him being added because of his size, but now that Bounce Man (large Robot Master) made it in my hopes are rekindled!
he jumps, and his attack climbs walls
Frost Man has many moves which makes him very versatile! His ground pound at Mega Man, Ice Mace dash attack and shoulder dash attack, his single ice block attack where he summons an ice block and then smacks it to send it sliding across the floor..

As far as his attacks go don't forget his ice blocks drop move, where he pounds the floor and multiple blocks fall from the ceiling. This attack of Ice Blocks from above could be programmed to be allowed to go through tiles, adding greater versatility to him for custom environments! The Ice Block conveyor above Frost Man could be removed, and his Ice Blocks could just spawn from the ceiling like the Block Dropper weapon.

...All this combined with his incredible jumping ability (excellent mobility) makes him a prime candidate for MMM! 👍👍👍

https://youtu.be/j7hNvjhnpcQ?t=265

mradam

Post by mradam » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:19 pm

theres a lack of early rmm
elecman, fireman, oilman gutsman
heatman,quickman, flashman, airman
snakeman,needleman, gemini man, shadow man
from 7 turboman because he's cool
from 8 tenguman because he's so bad ass