Have the MM9-MM11 soundtracks gotten worse since the 1.6 update?

General discussion of Mega Man Maker
crfstewarje

Have the MM9-MM11 soundtracks gotten worse since the 1.6 update?

Post by crfstewarje » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:23 pm

I've seen some people say that after the 1.6 update the music for MM9-M10 has gotten worse, and they don't understand why they were replaced. I'm referring to this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9867

Someone says, "I immediately replaced all the MM10 (as well as MM9 since 1.5) music on the version of tracks from Mathew Valente. Because these listen unpleasantly if honestly. Also, i don't know why it was necessary to change certain moments of such themes as Block Man, Fuse Man, Bounce Man by CosmicGem and Torch Man. They sounded normal in their first appearance. And in the 1.6 release, they differ from what was before."

I've always felt like some of the 8-bit soundtracks were kind of weak (like the MM7 8-bit version of Wily stage 1), but nothing stood out to me as really noticeable . And even after the update, I don't hear a decline in music quality for MM9. Also, MM10 and 11 8-bit music weren't available until after the 1.6 release, so how would one know that they declined?

Anyways, do you guys feel like the music has gotten worse?

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigMaster#4335

Re: Have the MM9-MM11 soundtracks gotten worse since the 1.6 update?

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:47 am

What happens is that the developers chose to recreate the Mega Man 9 and 10 music according to the 2A03 limitations so the tracks can be read by the NSF player in the game. This has attracted some controversy, since for some the recreations play different from the original ones.
I am currently moderating the three main community platforms.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:13 am

crfstewarje wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:23 pm
And even after the update, I don't hear a decline in music quality for MM9. Also, MM10 and 11 8-bit music weren't available until after the 1.6 release, so how would one know that they declined?
It seems to me like the user isn't referring to a decline in music quality between MMM v1.5.0 and MMM v1.6.0, the music tracks for MM9 haven't changed as far as I'm aware (and even if they did, you could literally just download an older version of Mega Man Maker from the website, then copy and paste the music from v1.5.0 into v1.6.0 and the problem would be solved).

As far as can tell, it seems as if the user is referring to not liking the creative liberties done in MMM's NSF recreations of certain music tracks, and would have preferred the music tracks to be more accurate to the source material's versions.

Shadow444

Post by Shadow444 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:50 am

I changed for me all the MM9 music when there was still version 1.5.0 - 1.5.5.1 and all MM10 when 1.6.0 was released, if you don't quite get it. Just after listening to the versions from Mathew Valente, then comparing them with these versions, I immediately noticed a difference in sound quality. And yes, the Slash Man theme should also be a little faster, it sounds slower than the original. :|
Here, check it if you want - https://drive.google.com/file/d/11C57Kj ... sp=sharing

DoctorLumen

Post by DoctorLumen » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:47 pm

If some people were to listen carefully to the original tracks from MM9 & 10, the Matthew Valente recreations, then those in MMM, they'd notice that the tracks in MMM are more accurate in some ways than his. I'm not at my computer right now, but perhaps can post an example later.

crfstewarje

Post by crfstewarje » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:27 pm

Shadow444 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:50 am
I changed for me all the MM9 music when there was still version 1.5.0 - 1.5.5.1 and all MM10 when 1.6.0 was released, if you don't quite get it. Just after listening to the versions from Mathew Valente, then comparing them with these versions, I immediately noticed a difference in sound quality. And yes, the Slash Man theme should also be a little faster, it sounds slower than the original. :|
Here, check it if you want - https://drive.google.com/file/d/11C57Kj ... sp=sharing
How would I change the music?

DestroyerOfDestruction
Discord: BigMaster#4335

Post by DestroyerOfDestruction » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:41 pm

crfstewarje wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:27 pm
Shadow444 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:50 am
How would I change the music?
By replacing it with NSF files compatible with Mega Man Maker. The Wiki has a page about it.
I am currently moderating the three main community platforms.