[Planner] Unknown User

Want to join the team? Check the application guidelines and see if we're hiring!

Did Making the Mega Man Maker Mod is Illegar?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:16 am

Yes.
25%
No.
75%
Sometimes.
No votes
I don't care.
No votes

Total votes: 4

Unknown User

[Planner] Unknown User

Post by Unknown User » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:16 am

Hello! Allow me to introduce myself, I am Unknown User.

Since Mega Man Maker V1.3 is Released, I had the Good Thinking Idea to Help You and Supporting the Mega Man Maker!

Thanks for Mega Man Maker Staffs, I will Huge Thanks to You! I will planning to Future Mega Man Maker Versions Stuffs:

-Stuffs (Such of Ulitiles/Playables/Features)
-Fixing Bugs, Glitchs, And Reducing Piracy Rate to Mega Man Maker (Such of Improving Server, Adding Anti-Piracy Features) (Link:viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4117)

Special Thanks to You!
---
WHAT IS PLANNER?

Planner is the Planning the Future Mega Man Maker Version Stuffs and Features, Also Reporting Bugs and Glitchs and Reducing Piracy Rate to Mega Man Maker, It Reducing Piracy Rate is Never Hurt Any Players in Authenic Mega Man Maker. It had any Ideas and Suggestions, Planner will Post it to the Feedback and Suggestions Forums in Mega Man Maker Forums.
Rocko Morden Life is does what Sonicdon't.

RandomCatDude
Discord: Randomcatdude#3702

Re: [Planner] Unknown User

Post by RandomCatDude » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:27 am

*screams with along with Hound*
I tried to fit Cave Johnson's lemon rant here, but it didn't fit. Stupid 255 character limit...

Hyper Megaman

Post by Hyper Megaman » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:32 am

*Also screams*
I was formerly known as Megamanvwxyz.

Royalguard
Discord: RoyalGuard#1135

Post by Royalguard » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:45 am

As far as I'm aware, Mega Man Maker is not currently hiring a Planner.
We are currently hiring a server/database manager.
Mega Man Maker usually does not hire for positions that they are not specifically requesting in the pinned "Application Guidelines" topic.
Check if we're hiring whatever part of development you want to apply for, such as graphics (sprites) or music. This can be found later in this thread.
You didn't supply examples of your work showing that you have the skills needed for the position.
Provide examples of your work, preferably in the style we're looking for. For graphics, these are sprites in the NES Mega Man style. For music, these are tracks made in FamiTracker (preferably 0CC-FamiTracker, but not required). For programming-related applications, share projects you have worked on before or are currently working on.
Last edited by Royalguard on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

RandomCatDude

Post by RandomCatDude » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:47 am

Royalguard wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:45 am
As far as I'm aware, Mega Man Maker is not currently hiring a Planner.
We are currently hiring a server/database manager.
Mega Man Maker usually does not hire for positions that they are not specifically requesting in the pinned "Application Guidelines" topic.
Check if we're hiring whatever part of development you want to apply for, such as graphics (sprites) or music. This can be found later in this thread.
You didn't not supply examples of your work showing that you have the skills needed for the position.
Provide examples of your work, preferably in the style we're looking for. For graphics, these are sprites in the NES Mega Man style. For music, these are tracks made in FamiTracker (preferably 0CC-FamiTracker, but not required). For programming-related applications, share projects you have worked on before or are currently working on.
Couldn't have said it better than me. Welp, let's wait for Hound to get here and murder "Unknown User".
I tried to fit Cave Johnson's lemon rant here, but it didn't fit. Stupid 255 character limit...

Hyper Megaman

Post by Hyper Megaman » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:55 am

RandomCatDude wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:47 am

let's wait for Hound to get here and murder "Unknown User".
Or you could just attack him with your cat army, and I'll blow up any remains with some of my missiles! :lol:
I was formerly known as Megamanvwxyz.

RandomCatDude

Post by RandomCatDude » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:59 am

Megamanvwxyz wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:55 am
RandomCatDude wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:47 am

let's wait for Hound to get here and murder "Unknown User".
Or you could just attack him with your cat army, and I'll blow up any remains with some of my missiles! :lol:
Sorry, they're busy raiding someone else's house since they smelled fish. I couldn't stop them. I guess we'll see if my cat army kills him or Hound kills him, whichever comes first.

EDIT: Hound's here! Well. Bye, Unknown User! You're gonna die, kiddo.

MrKyurem

Post by MrKyurem » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:39 am

Unknown User wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:16 am
Hello! Allow me to introduce myself, I am Unknown User.

Since Mega Man Maker V1.3 is Released, I had the Good Thinking Idea to Help You and Supporting the Mega Man Maker!

Thanks for Mega Man Maker Staffs, I will Huge Thanks to You! I will planning to Future Mega Man Maker Versions Stuffs:

-Stuffs (Such of Ulitiles/Playables/Features)
-Fixing Bugs, Glitchs, And Reducing Piracy Rate to Mega Man Maker (Such of Improving Server, Adding Anti-Piracy Features) (Link:viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4117)

Special Thanks to You!
---
WHAT IS PLANNER?

Planner is the Planning the Future Mega Man Maker Version Stuffs and Features, Also Reporting Bugs and Glitchs and Reducing Piracy Rate to Mega Man Maker, It Reducing Piracy Rate is Never Hurt Any Players in Authenic Mega Man Maker. It had any Ideas and Suggestions, Planner will Post it to the Feedback and Suggestions Forums in Mega Man Maker Forums.
Right, let's get the elephant out of the room first. Mega Man Maker is only hiring server managers currently. There is no room for other positions, which leads me to elaborate on what a "Planner" actually is.

To give context, while on the team, I simultaneously worked on bug reporting as my main job, and advising Wrecking on certain design choices. I imagine the only reason I was allowed to do the latter was because of my history in the community, being a judge in MaGMML1 and a Tier 10 entrant in MaGMML2. Design advice was left solely to details - how exactly pre-chosen weapons should be implemented (and what it means for the community), advising against certain types of enemies - focusing on details for choices WreckingPrograms made.

What you want to do here is not advise Wrecking, nor "plan." You want to be an Idea Guy. You're the guy who says "I’m really good at ideas. That’s what I want to do in the game industry: be the guy who comes up with the ideas for games, stories and characters." While everybody else does the hard work, you focus on coming up with Ideas, to make the game Bigger and Better.

It is with great misfortune I must inform you that everybody has ideas.

"Planning" what Mega Man Maker offers in the future is nothing that Wrecking does not already do. I can tell you, with great certainty, that WreckingPrograms already knows his rough plans for the next few updates, along with exactly what will be included in the next update, and potentially the next update as well. Even with me voicing my own concerns (which, once again, was likely only allowed because I was officially a bug tester, and because of my history in the community), WreckingPrograms was, and is, in full rights to act as he wants, as this is his project, and he has his own plans for it. He has no time to waste being bossed around by somebody else.

It is also worth noting that WreckingPrograms is not seeking any additional programmers in the foreseeable future. Mega Man Maker is built upon Wrecking's foundations (quite literally, too, as Mega Engine is also made by WreckingPrograms), and I highly doubt he is looking to adjust his work for a team programming effort. In addition, you have provided no proof of any of your claims to be able to "fix bugs, glitchs" (these are synonymous, which says a lot about your skill set) or any capability to be able to "improve" the server, which is the sole useful trait you claim exists. Which reminds me...

The most telling factor that you are aiming to join the team for personal gain rather than to give back to the community is that you seem desperate to shit all over Bucket's MMM mod, yelling out claims of "piracy" (which is flat out false), and "illegar" (I assume you mean "illegal", which is also a lie). WreckingPrograms is aware of this mod, and supports its creation.